Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Gingerbread Girl - new King story

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Gingerbread Girl - new King story

According to Lilja's Library (www.liljas-library.com) King has a new short story, The Gingerbread Girl, in the July issue of Esquire magazine, due to hit the stands June 15.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John,
    thanks so much for the information.
    I have redirected this to The Oracle, as it is the official Stephen King/Tower new and announcement thread. I have left a 24 hour redirect.

Jerome

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads-up, John, and for putting this where the whole site will know, Jerome.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also going to stick it out on the current news page.

Lots of work tonight.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Something else for me to buy next month.

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

sounds good i'm so glad there won't be much of a wait for this one, i'm starving for some new stories.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll definitely have to pick that up.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

At least I wont feel as silly buying that as I did when "Low Men in Yellow Coats" was previewed in Womans Day magazine
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm....I'll have to pick up Esquire for the first time in my life then.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
    Hmm....I'll have to pick up Esquire for the first time in my life then.
    Same here bud.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You all didn't get the December 2003 issue of Esquire with King's story Rest Stop in it?

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I tried to but I missed it. I did however read it online.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    You all didn't get the December 2003 issue of Esquire with King's story Rest Stop in it?

John
    Nope. I wasn't heavy into King as I am now.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

This is from the Stephenking.com newsletter I recieved:

In the emotional aftermath of her baby's sudden death, Em starts running. Soon she runs from her husband, to the airport, down to the Florida Gulf and out to the loneliest stretch of Vermillion Key, where her father has offered the use of a conch shack he has kept there for years. Em keeps up her running - barefoot on the beach, sneakers on the road - and sees virtually no one. This is doing her all kinds of good, until one day she makes the mistake of looking into the driveway of a man named Pickering. Pickering also enjoys the privacy of Vermillion Key, but the young women he brings there suffer the consequences...
    I lurk, therefore I am.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post

In the emotional aftermath of her baby's sudden death, Em starts running. Soon she runs from her husband, to the airport, down to the Florida Gulf and out to the loneliest stretch of Vermillion Key, where her father has offered the use of a conch shack he has kept there for years. Em keeps up her running - barefoot on the beach, sneakers on the road - and sees virtually no one. This is doing her all kinds of good, until one day she makes the mistake of looking into the driveway of a man named Pickering. Pickering also enjoys the privacy of Vermillion Key, but the young women he brings there suffer the consequences...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post

I wonder if it is either Charlie Pickering (from Insomnia) or one of his relatives?

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

I just remembered the Pickering in Insomnia, that's all. That guy was a douche.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, for some reason cant bring Pickering to mind, the name rings a bell but I cant think what he was like.

I wonder if/when this will be available in the UK? And in what format...

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Charles Pickering was the character in Insomnia that stabbed Ralph.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tvmorbid View Post
    Damn, for some reason cant bring Pickering to mind, the name rings a bell but I cant think what he was like.

I wonder if/when this will be available in the UK? And in what format...
    Don't they have Esquire in the Britain?

So, is this going to be released this Thursday?

I read somewhere that it was hitting newstands tomorrow.

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If they do, I've never come across it lol

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tvmorbid View Post
    If they do, I've never come across it lol
    Maybe that's because you're too busy looking over Cosmopolitan.

Ooh, burn!

Seriously though, that's surprising.

I know they publish Playboy all over the globe, even in a few Muslim countries.

It's surprising that Esquire wouldn't be available, since it was one of the more widely-circulated men's mags-or "lad mags"-before the Maxim/Loaded soft core phenomenon took off.

I'll probably check out this issue, because I do look over the glossy mags when they have a particularly intriguing feature/article and I think this qualifies.

I don't know if I'll lay out the eight or nine bucks to purchase it though.

I stopped buying The American Spectator when that bastard RET sold it to that gadfly George Guilder, rebought it, then rereleased it with a two dollar price hike.

-good times, G.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    So, is this going to be released this Thursday?

I read somewhere that it was hitting newstands tomorrow.
    I picked up 2 copies today at Barnes & Noble (Northern California) USA.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll check it out at my local magazine shop tomorrow.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Just picked mine up
    Tonight will be a reading night....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast