Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gallery 13 grab Stephen King’s The Dark Tower graphic novel rights from Marvel

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default Gallery 13 grab Stephen King’s The Dark Tower graphic novel rights from Marvel

Gallery 13 Grab Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Graphic Novel Rights from Marvel

Gallery 13 will publish eleven graphic novels based on Stephen King‘s series of novels The Dark Tower, it was announced today exclusively to Bleeding Cool by Jennifer Bergstrom, Vice President and Publisher of Gallery Books.

Marvel Comics first published The Dark Tower series of comic books, based on the Stephen King novels, with Peter David, Robin Furth and Jae Lee back in 2007. And this year and last have spent every month liquidating backstock to retailers. Today we learn why – Marvel has lost the rights to publish Dark Tower comic books to Simon And Schuster’s graphic novel imprint Gallery 13.

The acquisition of publishing rights includes five prequel works focusing on Roland Deschain of Gilead’s coming-of-age and told in chronological order, now officially titled BEGINNINGS: The Gunslinger Born (Book #1), The Long Road Home (Book #2), Treachery (Book #3), The Fall of Gilead (Book #4), The Battle of Jericho Hill (Book #5); AND the six-part comic adaptation of the 1982 bestselling novel The Gunslinger: The Journey Begins (Book #1), The Little Sisters of Eluria (Book #2), The Battle of Tull (Book #3), The Way Station (Book #4), The Man in Black (Book #5), and Last Shots (Book #6).

Gallery 13 will be publishing the Beginnings prequel graphic novels every two weeks starting with The Gunslinger Born on August 14, 2018. The Gunslinger novel adaptation will publish in Spring 2019.

“I’m delighted to see my stories in this exciting format, where they can reach new readers,” said Stephen King.

“Simon & Schuster has been the official publisher of Stephen King for twenty years now, and we’re thrilled that Gallery 13 will be publishing these essential works that he and Marvel Comics originally and vividly brought to life as a canonical expansion of the #1 New York Times bestselling Dark Tower novel series. Whether you’re just joining Roland Deschain on his brutal and epic journey to the Dark Tower or have already been a longtime member of his ka-tet, these graphic novels boldly and unforgettably capture the one-of-a-kind essence of Stephen King’s Dark Tower reading experience in comic form,” said Ed Schlesinger, Senior Editor at Gallery 13. He acquired US, Canada, and Open Market rights from Chuck Verrill at Darhansoff & Verrill.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eh.

Does anyone still care about these comics? I still remember how when it was announced it was HUGE (like midnight parties and everything) and then they just sort of petered out. This is the biggest Stephen King site on the internet and IDT anyone here was even talking about the Drawing of the Three comics.

And then King admitted that he doesn't even read them because he thinks they'd 'junk up his head' and goes onto write a novel that effectively wipes out the comics from canon (yeah yeah 'other worlds than these'.) If he can't be bothered to care, why should we?

On a final note I would really like to see King actually write comics himself someday. Just a miniseries or something. Joe Hill did a comicbook prequel to his novel NOS4A2, I'd like to see King try something similar. It'd be better than Robin Furth's fanfic at any rate...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Eh.

Does anyone still care about these comics? I still remember how when it was announced it was HUGE (like midnight parties and everything) and then they just sort of petered out. Like this is the biggest Stephen King site on the internet and IDT anyone here was even talking about the Drawing of the Three comics.

And then King admitted that he doesn't even read them because he thinks they'd 'junk up his head' and goes onto write a novel that effectively wipes out the comics from canon (yeah yeah 'other worlds than these'.) Like, if he can't be bothered to care, why should we?

On a final note I would really like to see King actually write comics himself someday. Just a miniseries or something. Joe Hill did a comicbook prequel to his novel NOS4A2, I'd like to see King try something similar. It'd be better than Robin Furth's fanfic at any rate...
    Okay, but there would be no ending!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eh.

Does anyone still care about these comics? I still remember how when it was announced it was HUGE (like midnight parties and everything) and then they just sort of petered out. This is the biggest Stephen King site on the internet and IDT anyone here was even talking about the Drawing of the Three comics.

And then King admitted that he doesn't even read them because he thinks they'd 'junk up his head' and goes onto write a novel that effectively wipes out the comics from canon (yeah yeah 'other worlds than these'.) If he can't be bothered to care, why should we?

Not based on one of his books, but American Vampire and Road Rage: Throttle we’re both written by King. They were both collaborations, but King is listed as a writer for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Gallery 13 Grab Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Graphic Novel Rights from Marvel

Gallery 13 will publish eleven graphic novels based on Stephen King‘s series of novels The Dark Tower, it was announced today exclusively to Bleeding Cool by Jennifer Bergstrom, Vice President and Publisher of Gallery Books.

Marvel Comics first published The Dark Tower series of comic books, based on the Stephen King novels, with Peter David, Robin Furth and Jae Lee back in 2007. And this year and last have spent every month liquidating backstock to retailers. Today we learn why – Marvel has lost the rights to publish Dark Tower comic books to Simon And Schuster’s graphic novel imprint Gallery 13.

The acquisition of publishing rights includes five prequel works focusing on Roland Deschain of Gilead’s coming-of-age and told in chronological order, now officially titled BEGINNINGS: The Gunslinger Born (Book #1), The Long Road Home (Book #2), Treachery (Book #3), The Fall of Gilead (Book #4), The Battle of Jericho Hill (Book #5); AND the six-part comic adaptation of the 1982 bestselling novel The Gunslinger: The Journey Begins (Book #1), The Little Sisters of Eluria (Book #2), The Battle of Tull (Book #3), The Way Station (Book #4), The Man in Black (Book #5), and Last Shots (Book #6).

Gallery 13 will be publishing the Beginnings prequel graphic novels every two weeks starting with The Gunslinger Born on August 14, 2018. The Gunslinger novel adaptation will publish in Spring 2019.

“I’m delighted to see my stories in this exciting format, where they can reach new readers,” said Stephen King.

“Simon & Schuster has been the official publisher of Stephen King for twenty years now, and we’re thrilled that Gallery 13 will be publishing these essential works that he and Marvel Comics originally and vividly brought to life as a canonical expansion of the #1 New York Times bestselling Dark Tower novel series. Whether you’re just joining Roland Deschain on his brutal and epic journey to the Dark Tower or have already been a longtime member of his ka-tet, these graphic novels boldly and unforgettably capture the one-of-a-kind essence of Stephen King’s Dark Tower reading experience in comic form,” said Ed Schlesinger, Senior Editor at Gallery 13. He acquired US, Canada, and Open Market rights from Chuck Verrill at Darhansoff & Verrill.
    + IMO, this is a non-announcement since this is just a "reprint" of Marvel's comics. Are there are still some DT comics completists?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Eh.

Not based on one of his books, but American Vampire and Road Rage: Throttle we’re both written by King. They were both collaborations, but King is listed as a writer for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He wrote AV but Throttle was just an adaptation of a short story he did with Hill.

I liked his Vampire comics but I felt Skinner Sweet constantly going “I want candy” got old very fast.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the Marvel DT comics and followed them all the way. I don't think I would re-buy these just bc S&S is reprinting them though. Sounds like a wait and see what, if anything, will be a good reason to re-buy.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not spending one single dollar on this.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, at least those volumes that Marvel didn't release in hardcover will now be re-released as such, starting with Last Shots: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1982109947/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread