Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stephen Spignesi’s new book "Stephen King: American Master"

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen Spignesi’s new book "Stephen King: American Master"

https://rue-morgue.com/cover-art-rev...erican-master/
    Did you know that in his early years Stephen King sold typed copies of his short stories at his school? That it took him more than thirty years to write his legendary Dark Tower series? Or how about that Thinner was the novel that revealed his “Richard Bachman” pseudonym to the world?

This is just a sample of some of the many fascinating facts, trivia, and little-known details about the life of King that can be found in Stephen Spignesi’s forthcoming book Stephen King, American Master: A Creepy Corpus of Facts about Stephen King & His Work.

In this Rue Morgue exclusive, Spignesi reveals the haunting cover art for his highly anticipated book. Designed by Dean Samed, the cover pays homage to the Master of the Macabre and features King’s iconic typography re-imagined Cody Corcoran.

Spignesi is a world authority on King, and his first novel Dialogues was hailed as a “reinvention of the psychological thriller.” The New York Times bestselling author is also a professor at the University of New Haven and Gateway Community College, novelist, poet, screenwriter, and musician.

Stephen King, American Master is a must-read for King fans, and provides a variety of interviews, essays, and insights, from the casual to the fanatical.

Stephen King, American Master is scheduled to be published by Permuted Press in October 2018. Stay tuned for release details.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I have an essay in this book. I added it to the wiki a couple of days ago.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just remember how King is apparently annoyed by Spignesi and this type of stuff. Peter Straub compared him to someone following King around looking for bread crumbs or something like that.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember reading something about it in Phantasmagoria, if my memory is right. He wasn't happy about The Shape under the Sheet.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love this bit:

Did you know that in his early years Stephen King sold typed copies of his short stories at his school? That it took him more than thirty years to write his legendary Dark Tower series? Or how about that Thinner was the novel that revealed his “Richard Bachman” pseudonym to the world?
    Yeah... I think everyone here knows this stuff...

"Did you know... that Joe Hill is Stephen King's son?" or "Did you know... that Stephen King is a Red Sox fan?"
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I like the books by Spignesi. I also like the guy. A very nice dude. I just hope this new book will get into certain areas that all of us had no clue about, rather than the tidbits (as mentioned above) we all know about. Sort of like the Lost Works of Stephen King that was published sometime in the 90s, a book loaded with many neat surprises. From what I understood, Spignesi will get into stories like The Insanity Game, The Null Set and others, so there's bound to be some good info for the kind of fans who crave such things. Whether or not the book is important or something spectacular remains to be seen, and will be a matter of taste. There are worse books about King out there...and a few better. I'll definitely get this book...would seem strange to me not to, considering I have all the others he did. But basically we can probably all agree that almost everything related to King and his work has been written about by others, so maybe it's not really needed anymore.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My essay is about why I think people will still be reading King in 2068

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll get the book as well.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Anyone read this yet? Looking forward to the Matheson interview.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have recieved the book at work, but didnt have the time to look at it yet.
    In the meantime, though, if that may interest you, here is an interview I did with Stephen Spignesi. The interview is available in english : https://club-stephenking.fr/intervie...merican-master
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread