+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Outsider - discussion and spoilers

Weedeater WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Outsider - discussion and spoilers

I just read 120 pages in one go. I'm still not sure where all this is going, but I like it a lot more than the Hodges trilogy and especially Sleeping Beauties.

Manni Folken biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Iím only on page 20 so Iím not ready to discuss anything but I have a good feeling about this book!
    - MichaŽl

Citizen of Gilead TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

About halfway in. Very good so far. So refreshing since Gwendy and Sleeping.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Weedeater WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Brooding
    Country
    Country Flag

Done. Upper middle tier King, probably placed somewhere between top 30 and 40.

Citizen of Gilead Hunchback Jack is a jewel in the rough Hunchback Jack is a jewel in the rough Hunchback Jack is a jewel in the rough Hunchback Jack is a jewel in the rough Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm listening to the audiobook. I'm about 1.5 hours in. Really liking it so far.

Gunslinger Apprentice RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished. A good summer read. Middling King novel. Certainly much better than Sleeping Beauties but that isn't saying much. The plot reminded me of a decent X-Files or Kolchak the Night Stalker episode. The Dark Half meets Bill Hodges. Ending fizzled.

The Hound CyberGhostface will become famous soon enough CyberGhostface will become famous soon enough CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it. I do think once the supernatural angle kicks in it loses steam but it was still an addictive read.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread