+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Father Cody Non-King Collection

Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Iím only half way through this book and itís so good I just had to get a first edition.
    I like the way you think

It's nice and fun to collect well-known books and famous authors - but it's a true bibliophile, who, upon reading a book that they enjoy, immediately starts looking for S/L or first edition copies. And signed, too!
    Ha! On a forum full of book collectors, what better compliment is there than being told youíre a true bibliophile? Thanks!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Found a stack of my old comics I collected I think in my early teens. Nothing rare Iím sure but maybe theyíre of interest to some here.

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Some cool stuff there, Adam. Great that you hung onto them.

(Not a comics guy, but some of those issues are famous enough that even I know what they are)

HBJ
    ďIf you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.Ē
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Some cool stuff there, Adam. Great that you hung onto them.

(Not a comics guy, but some of those issues are famous enough that even I know what they are)

HBJ
    Thanks, Peter! Itís funny how valuable nostalgically these things we used to collect are. Theyíre not worth the paper their printed on in some cases but it brought back a lot of memories... most of them were good, too! And Iím sure my sonís gonna love them!

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Father Cody Non-King Collection

I love this authorís work and, if you like diligently researched yet entertaining science fiction, I think youíd love it, too. I asked him if I could buy some ARCs and this showed up yesterday, free of charge, all the way from Australia. Check out those inscriptions!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not familiar with the author but those are excellent inscriptions. It is always exciting to be able to correspond with an author you like. Congrats on these.
    Move along. Nothing to see here.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm not familiar with the author but those are excellent inscriptions. It is always exciting to be able to correspond with an author you like. Congrats on these.
    Thanks, Tim! It is pretty damn cool to chat it up with a favorite author. To ask questions about the stories is especially fun.

Manni Folken Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Thanks, Frank!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It is fun. I have had a few authors that I've contacted with and it's always a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks, Tim! It is pretty damn cool to chat it up with a favorite author. To ask questions about the stories is especially fun.
    Move along. Nothing to see here.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Iíve heard really good things about this book and when I went to find a reading copy I came across one with an inscription (or doodle?) that I couldnít pass up. So I havenít read it yet but who says we need to read everything we collect, right?

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I haven't heard anything about the book or author, but the inscription looks fun and the cover looks creepy. A nice addition, man.
    ďIf you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.Ē
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I haven't heard anything about the book or author, but the inscription looks fun and the cover looks creepy. A nice addition, man.
    For some damn reason, I miss the replies on this thread. Iím sorry, Peter, for just now responding. So this book... Iím in the middle of it now and I donít know if I love it or despise the damn thing. Her writing style is unlike any other Iíve read. Very difficult to follow sometimes and often repetitive. But, I canít put it down. So Iím just trying to get through it and find out what I really think. I donít know if that makes any sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3