I figured I would follow suit here. My collection is extremely modest comparatively to many here but I still have some gems that I would like to share. Most of these include art/remarques or a personal connection to the author. I find that that going out and getting a signature from an author is such a rush for me. I've had some special opportunities to spend an ample amount of time with my favorite authors and it is something I don't take for granted. I'll start my thread with this book. I met Pierce before he was a huge success. I had received an ARC of Red Rising and I really enjoyed it. He was attending his first con and he was such an unknown that they didn't even have a signing table/times for him. He managed to get a fold out table and was just kind of floating there out on the con floor. No one at all was in approaching him. I had a chance to go up and talk to him and we probably talked for an hour about his book and life. I ended up spending a fair amount of time with him that weekend. Took a walk with him after his last panel of the weekend and even got that elusive friend request on FB. A few months later Red Rising exploded and he know has a rapid fan base. The last time I saw him he was in a room with handful of authors. Some of them had a handful of people in their line. His line was out the door.

So anyways I brought this ARC to him about two years ago and had him sign it. There is a special feeling when you see an Author and they remember you by name. It's also nice knowing you got in on the ground floor of fandom.

Here is My Red Rising ARC.