Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2018 Dt.Org Fundraiser Auction #26-Flight or Fright Advance Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2018 Dt.Org Fundraiser Auction #26-Flight or Fright Advance Proof

AUCTION LINK

Up for auction is an advance proof of theCemetery Dance publication of "Flight or Fright". Edited by Stephen King and Bev Vincent. See description below.

NOTE: This is a mock-up of the proof cover. I will have the proof in hand before the auction ends, and then will add an actual picture.

NEW and UNREAD
    No reserve!
    About Flight or Fright:
    Flight or Fright
    edited by Stephen King and Bev Vincent
    Fasten your seatbelts for an anthology of turbulent tales curated by Stephen King and Bev Vincent. This exciting new anthology, perfect for airport or airplane reading, includes an original introduction and story notes for each story by Stephen King, along with brand new stories from Stephen King and Joe Hill.

About the Book:
    Stephen King hates to fly.
    Now he and co-editor Bev Vincent would like to share this fear of flying with you.
    Welcome to Flight or Fright, an anthology about all the things that can go horribly wrong when you're suspended six miles in the air, hurtling through space at more than 500 mph and sealed up in a metal tube (like—gulp!—a coffin) with hundreds of strangers. All the ways your trip into the friendly skies can turn into a nightmare, including some we'll bet you've never thought of before... but now you will the next time you walk down the jetway and place your fate in the hands of a total stranger.
    Featuring brand new stories by Joe Hill and Stephen King, as well as fourteen classic tales and one poem from the likes of Richard Matheson, Ray Bradbury, Roald Dahl, Dan Simmons, and many others, Flight or Fright is, as King says, "ideal airplane reading, especially on stormy descents... Even if you are safe on the ground, you might want to buckle up nice and tight."
    Book a flight with Cemetery Dance Publications for this terrifying new anthology that will have you thinking twice about how you want to reach your final destination.
    Please Note:
    Flight or Fright will also be available as an eBook from Cemetery Dance Publications, as an audiobook from Simon & Schuster Audio, and in the UK and related markets by Hodder & Stoughton!
    Table of Contents:
    Introduction by Stephen King
    Cargo by E. Michael Lewis
    The Horror of the Heights by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    Nightmare at 20,000 Feet by Richard Matheson
    The Flying Machine by Ambrose Bierce
    Lucifer! by E.C. Tubb
    The Fifth Category by Tom Bissell
    Two Minutes Forty-Five Seconds by Dan Simmons
    Diablitos by Cody Goodfellow
    Air Raid by John Varley
    You Are Released by Joe Hill
    Warbirds by David J. Schow
    The Flying Machine by Ray Bradbury
    Zombies on a Plane by Bev Vincent
    They Shall Not Grow Old by Roald Dahl
    Murder in the Air by Peter Tremayne
    The Turbulence Expert by Stephen King
    Falling by James Dickey
    Afterword by Bev Vincent

Special thanks to the folks at Cemetery Dance for this kind donation!

100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to our 2018 Fundraiser benefiting The Bangor Public Library, and several other non-profit charities.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bids on this item seem a little low, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It will be fine. Several days left and I posted a mock up pic (book is in shipment to me).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The winner of the auction wants a refund as they believe they received a "plain" book. I will of course give the refund, but I did advise them that Cemetery Dance is only doing hardback books, thus the paperback is THE advance copy (despite no markings on the cover). The back of the book does mention that any quotes etc. from book need to be sent to Cemetery Dance.

sigh...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Classic. It never ends does it, J/ lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can understand the possible confusion. I don't want anyone unhappy. I don't make any more or any less salary ($0 per annum), it just reduces the total by a bit.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I don't make any more or any less salary ($0 per annum), it just reduces the total by a bit.
    You make the same as me. My zero is in GBP though. (£0 per annum)

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Shame regarding the refund. Do you plan on holding another eBay auction for the proof again?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No. It's all taken care of.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well that sucks. I had the highest bid til that knucklehead outbid me :
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread