Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2018 Dt.Org Fundraiser Auction #25-Ned Dameron Original Art-Interior

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2018 Dt.Org Fundraiser Auction #25-Ned Dameron Original Art-Interior

AUCTION LINK

Up for auction is an original piece of art done by famous artist Ned Dameron. This piece is going to be an interior art piece for Cemetery Dance's upcoming limited publication of Stephen King's "The Stand". It depicts the nuclear bomb explosion from the climactic scene in the novel.

This piece is on canvas and is multilayered. Dameron painted on a canvas, then did a clear plastic/acrylic overlay on the canvas, then painted more images! It's fascinating to see in person, and pics don't do it justice. I tried to shoot the pics in different light-with, then without flash.

The art measures 36"x24".

No reserve!
    100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to our 2018 Fundraiser benefiting The Bangor Public Library, The Sarasota Library Foundation, and several other non-profit charities.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Boom. First bidder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, I had extensive discussions with Ned regarding this piece. It was actually his first pass at a cover, but then grew and changed as his artists eye saw it. He regards it as a "Collage" and it's meant to depict the nuclear explosion, but also the "Trashcan Man" leaving the refinery and the more gruesome effects of "Captain Trips".

Interesting is that in most cases, Ned will work in multiple mediums even cutting and pasting other art into the overall piece. When he is satisfied with the original work, he has a professional come in and "shoot" (Photograph) the piece and turn it into a digital and "giclee" print to be delivered to the printer (CD). In some cases, as in this one, he will even re-touch the "giclee" as he sees fit and then repeats the process until he is satisfied with the result. So, in a sense you are not only getting the "original art" piece, but his sketching, conceptualizing and re-touching all in one piece that then becomes the amazing illustrations you see inside and out side of the editions he is commissioned for.

Ned, is an exceptionally talented artist (IMHO) in that he works with multiple mediums and has an incredible artistic eye and vision. In all the times I have worked with him for the fundraiser I don't believe he has exactly duplicated the style and/or medium he utilizes for his art combining sculpture (many mediums), oil, watercolor, pen and ink and charcoal among a few I am aware of. All in all, you're getting a masterpiece of art that is truly a "One of a kind". I find working with him to be fascinating, challenging and extremely satisfactory. He see's things in ways we as lay folk never even consider!!!

Good luck to the bidders and congrats to the eventual winner. You can be sure that you will own something truly wonderful and amazing
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

^

What he said.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    ^

What he said.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am very surprised by the auction here. I am proud to say I won it... No one even wrote on this that they liked the piece. I thought these would fetch WELL into the thousands. If you look at Don's work on Shining he sold out them at four or five times the amounts these went for! So did Palumbo! I wonder if it will change when the book is actually released... we shall see. Either way, I am happy I got the piece I did. I love it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a stunning piece. I agree that the pieces will be worth more as time goes on, particularly when the book is actually released.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am very surprised by the auction here. I am proud to say I won it... No one even wrote on this that they liked the piece. I thought these would fetch WELL into the thousands. If you look at Don's work on Shining he sold out them at four or five times the amounts these went for! So did Palumbo! I wonder if it will change when the book is actually released... we shall see. Either way, I am happy I got the piece I did. I love it!
    It's a stunning piece. I agree that the pieces will be worth more as time goes on, particularly when the book is actually released.
    I was very surprised as well as these went for such "reasonable" prices. I won the auction for the Stand cover with Flagg and Abigail and I could not be more excited. From my research, Ned's color original paintings go for much more than either of these pieces do. Kudos to Mr. Dameron for donating two originals to this year's auction--the recipients of the proceeds from the fundraiser are the real winners here. I also appreciate how difficult these two pieces will be to ship. Thank you!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    I was very surprised as well as these went for such "reasonable" prices. I won the auction for the Stand cover with Flagg and Abigail and I could not be more excited. From my research, Ned's color original paintings go for much more than either of these pieces do. Kudos to Mr. Dameron for donating two originals to this year's auction--the recipients of the proceeds from the fundraiser are the real winners here. I also appreciate how difficult these two pieces will be to ship. Thank you!
    Congrats to you as well. You paid a very low number for a cover piece. To some it isn't real until the books come out... and I can agree with that. Brian did confirm to me that these are the actual used pieces too. Smart and lucky on our parts it might seem haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to you as well. You paid a very low number for a cover piece. To some it isn't real until the books come out... and I can agree with that. Brian did confirm to me that these are the actual used pieces too. Smart and lucky on our parts it might seem haha
    Thanks, Kris and back at you!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the fundraiser and to those that bid. Those are both great looking pieces of art.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was pretty surprised at how this one played out too. There was some discussion about both works on a few of the King facebook groups that I found interesting which may offer some insight as to the final selling price. For what it's worth, I think you both did spectacularly well - Dameron's work typically sells for much higher, and THE STAND is a fan favorite (even for the casuals readers). All of that leads me to believe that the books release will have a positive impact on the future value. Congratulations to you both. I'm sure they will look great in your collection(s).
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

+ Reply to Thread