2018 DT.Org Fundraiser-The Last Hurrah!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lurker - Non-King

Citizen of Gilead Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Lurker - Non-King

Since there was a recent discussion about the Centipede Oxrun books, I thought I start with those. I have a matching set of them -#14.

I did request the matching Nestling when I ordered from Centipede, but did not get my number. And to further driver number completists crazy - it is possible to get a matching Roman numeral XX or under. I haven't found XIV yet, but got pretty darn close!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I seem to recall having a few books that matched the cover/spine format of the top two books. I can't remember, is that how most Centipede books look?

Gunslinger Apprentice lotuz has a spectacular aura about lotuz has a spectacular aura about lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I did request the matching Nestling when I ordered from Centipede, but did not get my number. And to further driver number completists crazy - it is possible to get a matching Roman numeral XX or under. I haven't found XIV yet, but got pretty darn close!
    Nice set!! And matched - very cool!!

The Roman Numeral contributor's copies drive me nuts as well! For other publishers I don't feel the compulsion to own a "PC" if I already own a real number, but for Centipede Press the fact that the "PC" copies have Roman Numerals makes me want to collect them as well

EDIT: I should add that for some books (particularly early books) CP used Roman Numerals to denote deluxe editions. For the majority of books, however, Roman Numerals are "contributor's copies", so essentially numbered PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I seem to recall having a few books that matched the cover/spine format of the top two books. I can't remember, is that how most Centipede books look?
    That was the standard format for CP books published up through 2012 (with a few exceptions). In 2013 he started using dustjackets, and the unjacketed books since then have a different format (usually full silk cloth instead of the faux leather spine + cloth boards).
    Looking for the following Centipede Press books:
    • Any book with limitation number #52
    • Chimera 1 & 2 (any #)
    • Don Brautigam Portfolio with Brautigam & Koontz signatures (any #)
    • Deluxe (Roman Numeral) editions
    • ARC/Proofs

Citizen of Gilead RC65 has a spectacular aura about RC65 has a spectacular aura about RC65 has a spectacular aura about

I had a chance once to buy all the Charles Grant books by Centipede at a fantastic price, and I passed...I really, really regret that decision.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 is on a distinguished road ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful! I just got done posting my Gene Wolfe books on FB forum so nice to see Centipede vibe is in the air!

Citizen of Gilead Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker is a jewel in the rough Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Do you have a link for that? I tried a search but only found Centipede's Facebook and some others but not GW pics.

I think I have all the Farris books - but never really bought a lot of the others (well, I did the King book when people were still arguing if Jerad was legit). I thought I had a GW set from EP but it turns out they didn't do the whole series. Annoying. Like Jerad not finishing Oxrun!

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 is on a distinguished road ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Itís Small Press Collectors Group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/193517360836341

Citizen of Gilead Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I admit it, Iím jealous. Would love to add those to my Grant collection (which coincidentally is what I chose for my first non-King post). Looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I think the only other Grant's I have are Quietly Now and Shadows. Guess those are both in the King section. I remember reading most of his work in those pb's back in the day. Brings back memories. I never saved many of the paperbacks I read - just Zeena Henderson and a few others...now where might they be...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Itís Small Press Collectors Group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/193517360836341
    Hmm. When I click on that it wants me to sign in. Oh, well - thanks anyway. I'll wait til you post them in your amazing thread.

+ Reply to Thread