Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King's new novel: The Institute (September 10, 2019)

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Thanks Bev. Trump digs aside I'm very much looking forward to reading this book.
    +1

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Only 5 days til publication. Looking forward to this one.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    At King's age, you have to wonder how many books can be left. So appreciate every one. There is nothing like cracking open a new King novel. I've been reading him since I was a kid. It will be a sad day when he is gone or not able to write. I have my differences with his political opinions, but that doesn't diminish my enjoyment of his writing. My favorite moment is when, after waiting months or years for a new book, you finally get to open it up and start reading.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it not out in the US ?
    Saw it in every bookstore today, it had been around since Wednesday.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Is it not out in the US ?
    Saw it in every bookstore today, it had been around since Wednesday.
    Not until this Tuesday I'm afraid. Have you started reading it?

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just at Walmart here in Denver and the Institute was on the shelves for $20.98.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

My copy from Amazon arrived today (one of the corners got a little beat up...) and I'm going on vacation tomorrow so I'll probably bring it. Really excited to have a brand new King book to read on the beach, and have the audible version preloaded too...

Haven't heard many impressions of this. I hope it's good! The synopsis makes me think that it's somehow tied to the breakers.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fyi- Still available if anyone wants to grab one.

Exclusive end papers and sprayed edges.

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the...ampaign=weekly

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Officially released
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

On the Blue edge version the endpapers are blue.

To add confusion. The Waterstones web site showed variant colours of Red, Orange, Yellow and Green. I just picked up copies that were PURPLE and green....

ALso ALL of the copies in WH Smith (purple cover) had YELLOW internal FEP's Can anyone in the UK confirm they have seen any other colour on a Purple WH Smith variant?

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The pic in the Hodder Stephen King newsletter shows these endpapers colors:

Maybe they changed orange to purple to avoid confusion?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that I have The Institute in hand (US version, my UK's are in the mail), I gotta say that the cover art work is my favorite since maybe It. The colors used just really pop and work great together.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The pic in the Hodder Stephen King newsletter shows these endpapers colors:

Maybe they changed orange to purple to avoid confusion?
    They actually announced that a few weeks back. Which I thought was confusing given that purple is a WHSmith color
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Now that I have The Institute in hand (US version, my UK's are in the mail), I gotta say that the cover art work is my favorite since maybe It. The colors used just really pop and work great together.
    I absolutely agree. I wasn't anticipating how vibrant the colors would be. I had to definitely take a moment to appreciate it. Hope everyone is enjoying reading their copy!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always love the feeling of these types of dust jackets. Not sure what to call it. Also, Amazon now just throws the book into an oversized padded envelope that isn't even properly sealed. Gone are the good old days when they used actual boxes and the book was fixed to a piece of cardboard with plastic so it would arrive in pristine condition.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I always love the feeling of these types of dust jackets. Not sure what to call it. Also, Amazon now just throws the book into an oversized padded envelope that isn't even properly sealed. Gone are the good old days when they used actual boxes and the book was fixed to a piece of cardboard with plastic so it would arrive in pristine condition.
    Amazon is only good for reading copies.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Amazon is only good for reading copies.
    Ain't that the sad truth. I picked mine up at Barnes and Nobles, and I was kind of shocked how many were in poor condition. Messed up dust jackets, boards, etc. I had to legitimately take my time to find a pristine copy. Unless I'm mistaken, the release of The Outsider was pretty similar. I recall a lot of 1st editions in not the best shape

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I had the same experience with The Outsider. I can't even remember how many copies I went through at how many stores to find a good copy. Hope it isn't that way again at my Barnes and Noble this time. (I had to do the same with End of Watch and a few other King titles when they were released. What happened to just going and picking one off the shelf knowing that it'd be in good condition? It's like no one cares about shipping quality any more.)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It's like no one cares about shipping quality any more.)
    Am I the only one that fondly remembers that careful packaging from Amazon? They stopped doing that a while ago, but in the mid to late 2000s they did it all the time and all my stuff arrived in mint condition.

Traveler HarryDean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    On the Blue edge version the endpapers are blue.

To add confusion. The Waterstones web site showed variant colours of Red, Orange, Yellow and Green. I just picked up copies that were PURPLE and green....

ALso ALL of the copies in WH Smith (purple cover) had YELLOW internal FEP's Can anyone in the UK confirm they have seen any other colour on a Purple WH Smith variant?

I bought a WH Smiths edition yesterday, and all the copies in my local branch had GREEN endpapers... so perhaps the WH Smiths edition has all four colours, like the standard edition. Also, my copy of the WH Smiths edition has purple-ish boards: are the standard copies like that, or is that an exclusive to the WH Smiths edition as well? My copy of the Smith's Outsider has black boards...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HarryDean View Post

I bought a WH Smiths edition yesterday, and all the copies in my local branch had GREEN endpapers... so perhaps the WH Smiths edition has all four colours, like the standard edition. Also, my copy of the WH Smiths edition has purple-ish boards: are the standard copies like that, or is that an exclusive to the WH Smiths edition as well? My copy of the Smith's Outsider has black boards...
    Damn - I didnt even look at the boards. (That means you cant swap a WHSmith DJ with a normal trade 1st then...)

I found another WHSmith with Yellow/Gold FEP's so it seems they have all four colour variants as well.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by HarryDean View Post

Damn - I didnt even look at the boards. (That means you cant swap a WHSmith DJ with a normal trade 1st then...)

I found another WHSmith with Yellow/Gold FEP's so it seems they have all four colour variants as well.
    I must admit, I prefer it when WHSmith editions have something more than just the dustjacket different. I really liked what they did with the purple foil stamping on SB.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It's like no one cares about shipping quality any more.)
    Am I the only one that fondly remembers that careful packaging from Amazon? They stopped doing that a while ago, but in the mid to late 2000s they did it all the time and all my stuff arrived in mint condition.
    I didn't start buying on Amazon until 2008, but I don't remember ever getting "good" packaging. Just those long strip of air packs thrown in there.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

SWAAAAAGGGG!!!

Spoiler:
    I got this from an independent Book store in one of the towns near to me. Never stepped foot in the store before today. I picked up the last Trade variant I needed (still hunting down all the WHSmith copies for members) and explained the variants to the proprietor (who was unaware). She handed me my receipt and said, "hang on, let me get something... then handed me all this with the comment "is this stuff of any interest?" (HELL YES!) I now have a new favourite bookstore

There is enough of the little postcards for everyone who ordered a book (or more) from me but I only have a couple of the prints (the poster stays with me! ) I will put names in a hat and draw to see who gets a print. It will be a surprise so you wont know till you get the books

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SWAAAAAGGGG!!!

Spoiler:
    I got this from an independent Book store in one of the towns near to me. Never stepped foot in the store before today. I picked up the last Trade variant I needed (still hunting down all the WHSmith copies for members) and explained the variants to the proprietor (who was unaware). She handed me my receipt and said, "hang on, let me get something... then handed me all this with the comment "is this stuff of any interest?" (HELL YES!) I now have a new favourite bookstore

There is enough of the little postcards for everyone who ordered a book (or more) from me but I only have a couple of the prints (the poster stays with me! ) I will put names in a hat and draw to see who gets a print. It will be a surprise so you wont know till you get the books
    That is so awesome! I just love when stuff like that happens (although never to me )!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast