Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Stephen King's new novel: The Institute (September 10, 2019)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome, Simon and awesome of you for passing these things along! Maybe she could be your one-stop-shop next go around and order everything in for you. Would be a great way to support an Independent as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

SWEET! That was great of them to give it to you.

Have a couple of copies winging their way from the UK (courtesy of Waterstones), but still figuring out whether to get all 9 variants.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome Simon. Good for you, some Karma for helping others on the boards. Sounds like that bookstore will get repeat business from you too. Wins all around.

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a thread where people actually talk about, you know, the story?

All this talk about different editions etc etc blah blah, is fine. But how about talking about the actual book itself?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It will follow...
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Read faster, people!!! Lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Non-DarkTower King books are discussed in
    Cara Laughs

Feel free to

go there and start a thread for The Institute.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interview from The Observer dated September 8, 2019:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Here it is online: https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-the-institute

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Here it is online: https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-the-institute
    Oh Steve, this is why I love you:

Dumb question, but I’ll play.
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Question about the WH Smith edition, is the book under the jacket the same as the UK trade or is it different? In other words, could someone take the jacket on the WH Smith edition and put it on the trade with green end papers and no one be able to tell?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Question about the WH Smith edition, is the book under the jacket the same as the UK trade or is it different? In other words, could someone take the jacket on the WH Smith edition and put it on the trade with green end papers and no one be able to tell?
    I would also like the answer to this question. I have a WH smith edition copy (green) bought from the store, but not a standard edition to compare it to. I would like to purchase the other WHS variants, but don’t want to pay for a switcheroo.

The whs edition boards have a slight purplish tinge to them.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

I finally got to compare them side by side. The books under the dustjacket are different. The boards of the WH Smith edition are purple while the standard boards are blue, and the foil stamping on the spines are also different colors.

So if buying copies of the WH Smith edition on the secondary market, make sure to get pictures which include the boards and endpapers in the same shot. Otherwise, you may be taken in by a ruse.

Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I finally got to compare them side by side. The books under the dustjacket are different. The boards of the WH Smith edition are purple while the standard boards are blue, and the foil stamping on the spines are also different colors.

So if buying copies of the WH Smith edition on the secondary market, make sure to get pictures which include the boards and endpapers in the same shot. Otherwise, you may be taken in by a ruse.
    Thanks for sharing, Peter.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

So Waterstone messed up my sprayed edges odrer and 7 days later, have not replied to my email. Frustrating
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to Stephen King's official fb page, THE INSTITUTE is nominated to the best books on Google Play
    >>> https://play.google.com/store/books/..._uv_books_page

But I am being shown the french version of the page. Could someone please send me / share a screenshot of the american version of the page?
    I cant access it and would like to

Thanks
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Traveler Picklemaniac has a spectacular aura about Picklemaniac has a spectacular aura about Picklemaniac's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The book was really well received, and I believe I saw it on the top pages for a while to. I tried checking myself but I can only find dutch books (I am from the Netherlands) I tried using a VPN but that didn't work, so I can't properly make a screenshot. Are you sure it wasn't just a temporary thing on the french version of the playstore? The link you sent doesn't work so I can't check.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for trying.
    It was shared by the official Stephen King facebook page
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King - Das Institut
    German HC - Heyne
    (Think it was the worldfirst)

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Still think it is the best cover of the book.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Still think it is the best cover of the book.
    Agreed. Still an internal debate to grab one just for that cover.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    The standard edition has 4 different end papers....

These are nice; I wish the US edition had something like this.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It was a great event yesterday, the online Marburg Con where the Vincent Prize was awarded again.
    Stephen Kings - The Institute was nominated / successful in the category best international work.

Die Preisträger des Vincent Preises 2019
    https://www.phantastik-forum.de/vincent-preis-2019.html

Bestes Internationales Literaturwerk
    Stephen King
    Das Institut
    https://www.phantastik-forum.de/die-...ises-2019.html

Along the Path of the Beam Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika's Avatar

I am currently reading this book. It's the perfect novel for my quarant-read.
    "Sometimes dead is better." ~ Jud Crandall

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7