Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book collection: firemonkey66

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Hey Anthony, i really like your artwork. How do you choose your pieces? Do you follow specific artists? Art movements? Themes? Investment? (Are you running out of wall space?!)
    I follow and collect Mark Ryden, although only the stuff that I like, or that I can afford Some of his older and rarer limited edition productions that I would like to own either never come up for sale, or when they do, they're out of my price range. And his original works, unless they are very simplistic, exist in a high orbit above the small planet that is my art budget.

Other than that, there are some artists that I passively 'follow' that I would consider to be part of the surrealism or 'lowbrow' art movement. I don't own anything by him, but Michael Hussar is a talented artist that dabbles in occultish, horrorish, and overtly sexual imagery that I like, but can't collect because my wife...um...isn't a fan. Look him up to see what I mean

In general, though, I most like artwork that disturbs the senses more than soothes them. If my first and reoccurring reaction to a piece of art is 'what the fuck?,' I prefer that to thinking 'that's pretty,' although I appreciate the pretty stuff too. I think that's why I like Ryden, because his artwork is weird and a lot of times a little offensive to the senses, but it also has a subtle overall detailed beauty. Like the print of Aurora somewhere up above, the frontal nudity of the figure is a little offensive to the senses, but when you start asking yourself 'why is it offending me?,' or 'why does this make me uncomfortable?,' the internal conversation that you can have can get interesting
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been trying to find a perfect first state Pet Sematary dust jacket, and have come pretty close It's got the tiniest little breath of edgewear to the bottom of the spine, but only if you're really looking for it. Someday I'm going to find one that's truly perfect or unfolded (not sure if those even exist, but I'd buy it if it does), but I'm pretty happy with this one.

Looking for:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very nice pictures.
    My PET SEMATARY dust jacket is perfect, by the way. Like Bo Derek, it's a 10.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Very nice pictures.
    My PET SEMATARY dust jacket is perfect, by the way. Like Bo Derek, it's a 10.
    And I will give you 200 dollars for it, although I’m guessing you don’t want to sell
    Looking for:

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SUPERSUPERAMAZING new stuff !!!

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    SUPERSUPERAMAZING new stuff !!!
    Thanks, Frank
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some pictures of my lettered IT

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

IT's got a full page color remarque by Erin Wells

Looking for:

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive book! I actually like it better without DJ but I am weird like that

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Impressive book! I actually like it better without DJ but I am weird like that
    Thanks, Michaël I actually feel the same way about it. If I was going to display it outside the traycase, it would be sans jacket.
    Looking for:

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Glad I didn't offend you. I don't collect limited editions but with a few notable exceptions, the limiteds I like are the ones without DJ (King's Philtrum Press books for example, but also books like the lettered Song of Kali or the older Centipede Press books).

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Some pics of my Dragon Rebound Eyes of the Dragon. The reptilian pattern in the leather feels and looks awesome

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Letter D of 26 copies, signed by David Pallidini

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

My Dragon Rebound Firestarter. This is my favorite book that I currently own

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Came with a signed print of the original cover art.

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

The wood boards are absolutely amazing!

Looking for:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Like day-um! I am so envious! My own fault, I ignored the posts about the rebound books until it was too late, but I couldn't have afforded them anyway.
    They are beautiful books and great, sharp pictures.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Letter D of 26 copies signed and remarqued by Steven Stroud

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Like day-um! I am so envious! My own fault, I ignored the posts about the rebound books until it was too late, but I couldn't have afforded them anyway.
    They are beautiful books and great, sharp pictures.
    Thanks, Steve! I'll trade you for your 1st state Salem's
    Looking for:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I need to get me one of those.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Nice! I need to get me one of those.
    Someday, Paul, you will find one...perhaps on your way to the kitchen, or the bathroom, or basically anywhere in your house that goes by your bookshelves
    Looking for:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes! My bookshelves. I know I had seen one of these somewhere.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SUPERSUPERSUPERAMAZING new book !!!
    BIG BIG CONGRATS !!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Your photography skills are en fuego Looking good, duder

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast