Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book collection: firemonkey66

Hybrid View

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book collection: firemonkey66

I suppose it's about time to create one of these threads. My collection is small and somewhat fluid, which is why I haven't posted it before. I guess my personal collecting philosophy is that I collect books that I like for one reason or another, but I only keep the ones that 'feel right' once I have them. That probably sounds weird, but it's the best way to sum up my collection

As a preface, all the books are first editions, except for one of the night shifts, it's a first edition jacket on a non-first. Only 3 of the King firsts are signed, but I'd say 75% of the non-King books are. The S/L books are all real number or letter, except for one PC copy of The Devil Next Door.

Last edited by firemonkey66; 07-19-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

The Insomnia and Nightmares & Dreamscapes (on the right, not the proof) are signed. The dust jacket for Night Shift is a first edition jacket, I'm not sure what edition the actual book is. While on the subject, if anybody has a naked first edition Night Shift in good condition, PM me

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Sphere is one of my favorite books. And I'm a big fan of David Wong. The proof to the far right is Into Thin Air.

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

My Dark Tower collection is all artist signed. Wizard and Glass also has a McKean remarque (page 2 for pics).

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked The Tommyknockers and my favorite Robert McCammon book is Stinger. Boy's life was a close second.

Looking for:

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Great stuff, man! Keep them coming!

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

If you've never read Blood Music, you should!

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I kept the brown wrapping that my Dragon Rebound books came in, still in book shape

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Um, I need to stop stacking stuff...and buy another bookshelf. The traycase for the S/L From a Buick 8 is filled with miscellaneous folded dust jackets, no book in there And I have the poster that went along with the first Folio Society printing of Dune somewhere.

My one of six EoTD canvas prints signed by David Palladini that I won for my atrocious unboxing video when I got my lettered EoTD art portfolio. I'm not sure if I actually successfully tweeted my video in like 6 terrible parts to Suntup seeing as how it was the first and only time I used Twitter, but Paul quite nicely counted it as an entry regardless

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

The tubes in back have dust jackets in them. A full Dark Tower set with multiple duplicates of the non-rare ones, a Firestarter, and some Christines, if I remember correctly. And the CD Salem's Lot artist edition has a David Palumbo remarque in it (see page 2 for a pic).

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

The lettered IT has a full page color remarque by Erin Wells in it. The fox was a Christmas decoration that obviously needs to be put away since it's May

Last edited by firemonkey66; 12-07-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

My shelf of honor, these are some of my favorite books The Seuss book is lettered, the S/L IT matches the IT portfolio below it, and the letter of the lettered John Dies at the End matches my Suntup & Dragon Rebound set (probably no good reason to mention that, except that I like it). And you can't see it, but all the CD Doubleday art portfolios are behind the Rebounds, Christine, and Firestarter. The Firestarter is also signed by Michael Whelan (page 2 for pics).

Looking for:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES is that in picture number 13?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    It's the back of the CD slipcase for the trade edition. Just a first, not signed or anything.
    Looking for:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    It's the back of the CD slipcase for the trade edition. Just a first, not signed or anything.
    For a moment there, I thought I missed something! I put mine the other way. You have some great stuff there.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    For a moment there, I thought I missed something! I put mine the other way. You have some great stuff there.
    Haha, nope, you didn't miss anything. I like it when the back of a slipcase has some decoration, so I'll switch between front and back depending on the day Right now I'm in a 'back of the slipcase phase.'
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think this piece of furniture was meant for books, but it's better than stacking them on top of other books. The green ‘book’ is a numbered Suntup EoTD art portfolio that matches the number of my Philtrum Press EoTD. Haha, probably an unnecessary match since the artwork is different. Worked out well for me, though, since it got me a numbered S/L Misery!

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

This goddamn book is stupid big, and stupid awesome

Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

These aren't technically King-related, but I bought them because of the Dark Man subject matter, so what the hell.

Looking for:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!!!!!! NICE THREAD! You have some books my man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, brother! Bout time you got the collection thread going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!! NICE THREAD! You have some books my man!
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Great stuff, brother! Bout time you got the collection thread going :thumbsup
    Thanks Fellas, I know it was long overdue
    Looking for:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast