Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Two additional McCammon PC Lettered editions, from Subterranean Press:

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Those are Pretty Cool, Peachy Clean, Practically Copacetic, Particularly Charismatic and Perfectly Charming PCs!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thank you, sir!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Some Shelfies, by request.

Paperback SF and Fantasy Fiction (double-stuft):

Paperback Mainstream Fiction (left, double-stuft) and Hardcover SF and Fantasy Fiction (right, double-stuft):

Hardcover Mainstream Fiction (double-stuft):

SubPress Lettered and S/L (left), King S/L (top right) and other S/L (bottom right):

Misc Signed Limiteds, Signed Trades, and unsigned limited editions:

Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quite the collection there, Peter!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Wow! Thanks for posting, Peter! You’re right, those last three look like the exact same three shelves I have. What do they say about great minds?

I see you have the Wool trilogy from Sub Press. Did you hear AMC is doing a show adaptation? I’ve hunting a set down but have no idea what a good price would be. Found one for $350-ish.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Wow! Thanks for posting, Peter! You’re right, those last three look like the exact same three shelves I have. What do they say about great minds?

I see you have the Wool trilogy from Sub Press. Did you hear AMC is doing a show adaptation? I’ve hunting a set down but have no idea what a good price would be. Found one for $350-ish.
    $220 with slipcase: Here
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Whoa thanks!

Thanks, guys. I wish I could take better photos, but my book rooms are (intentionally) quite dark and are hard to light.

When I get some time I'll rearrange the books so all the S/Ls can actually be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Whoa thanks!
    That's a great price.

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Super impressive my friend! Amazing collection!
    What are the lettereds next to The Glass Books

You have a sharp eye, Yegor. Two of them are the new McCammon lettereds I posted earlier.

The other two are new acquisitions: lettered Olympos and lettered Black Hills, by Dan Simmons, from SubPress:

This is Olympos; it's a true lettered, but I don't recall which letter. Obviously I'm very interested in find a lettered Ilium.:

I need to take better photos of this; I was in a hurry and didn't want to take the plastic off the book itself. I'll update this post when I do.

This is Black Hills, a PC lettered:

I hadn't seen pictures of Black Hills before I bought it, so I was speechless when I first held it in my hands. The texture of the slipcase and book, the "burnt wood" look of the stamping on case and book, and the matching endpapers and case lining are perfectly designed. The book is set in the Old West, and this volume captures that feel perfectly. Just an incredible volume.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Oh, on the other side of the Dahlquist is a PC copy of the lettered edition of The Winds of Marble Arch, by Connie Willis, also from SubPress:

(And yes, I know all my book photos are staged the same way. I don't have your creativity, Yegor!)

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Chatty

Peter, man, you have a phenomenal collection. I’m in love with that Black Hills lettered.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow Peter. Those shelves and books look awesome. You have quite the collection.

Peter, man, you have a phenomenal collection. I’m in love with that Black Hills lettered.
    Thanks, Adam. Yes, it's a beautiful book.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Wow Peter. Those shelves and books look awesome. You have quite the collection.
    Thanks, Mike. As I said, I never throw books away. I bought some of the SF paperbacks over 30 years ago.

I've put more detailed photos of my shelves in a separate gallery,here, for those interested in a better look.

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Man you have a killer S&P collection Peter. Very envious of that. As I said, I have been pigeon holed (my own doing) into King. I am sure there are tons of other stuff
    that I would have found interesting if I knew about it. Keep on going.

Thanks, Mike.

Yes, I really like SubPress's work, although I've only been collecting them seriously for the last 5 years or so. A lot of these volumes are from the secondary market, and so these numbered sets are unmatched.

My buying habits have shifted in the last year, though. I'm now starting to focus on specific authors, and trying to afford Lettered editions instead of the numbered for authors I really like. I'm buying fewer books as a result, but my collection has benefitted from that focus. SubPress is probably better off, too.

I also need to get better at putting on mylar book covers, so I can get these babies out of those plastic bags.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

I don't think I could ever afford lettered books. So I am going to probably have to stick with numbers. I mean, the lettered Hill House would have been awesome but still too much for me. And I think they sold out pre-public sale anyway so it doesn't matter. I will probably just stick with Suntup books for a while. I know Paul said he has a few ideas so hopefully I can get a nice collection going. And TBH, to my detriment, I never really tried other authors so I don't know who else I might like.

Mike, when I say "Lettered", I don't mean King. That's out of my price range. But other authors are more affordable if you buy from the publisher or be patient on the secondary market. Even so, I'm now passing up a lot of other authors and books just to afford the Lettereds on my want list.

But you do you; buy what you can afford of the authors you really like. Focus is far more important than having a bunch of nice books.

Suntup seem like a winner to me, too. Even setting aside the appreciation we're seeing on the secondary market, they are very very nice editions for the price. I'm a customer of their's for life, I think. I was lucky to get the Misery S/L, and expect to add every S/L Paul publishes under that name. I don't expect to ever get onto the lettered Suntup train, but I'm very happy nonetheless.

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

I understand about the lettered King. I am in the same boat. All I meant is I don't know what I like besides King. At least you, and a number of other people have other authors you read. I never did.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I think between you and Yeagor and others I am beginning to feel a need to own at least one lettered book. Bad people!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Wow. I think between you and Yeagor and others I am beginning to feel a need to own at least one lettered book. Bad people!
    I know what you mean. It was seeing others' Lettered editions that got me started.

But my Lettered collection is *very* modest compared to Yegor and other collectors out there. They have some truly inspirational collections - matching Lettered sets, and whatnot. Mine are mostly mismatched letters or PC copies.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack
    I really like Willis's work - it's smart and fun - and I picked this copy up on the secondary market for under list price. If I get the chance, I hope to pick up lettered editions of her Blackout/All Clear series, also from SubPress.

HBJ
    I was able to find the set from a retiring collector, otherwise I never seen any for sale together.
    No, me either. My statement was more an idle hope than, say, a goal for 2018.

(Although I may have a lead on a PC Lettered of All Clear, which would be cool)
    Well, that lead turned out to be good.

This is a PC copy of the Lettered edition of All Clear, by Connie Willis, from SubPress:

Needless to say, I'm very interested in finding a Lettered edition of Blackout, to complete the set.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

That looks like a really cool book. Good luck on finding that last book.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That looks like a really cool book. Good luck on finding that last book.
    Thanks, Mike.

There's a PC set of Blackout/All Clear up at Camelot for $2000, but that's too high, in my opinion. I paid about $250 for this copy of All Clear. So I'll have to keep looking for Blackout.

Meanwhile, I've been repairing my glass door bookcases - the cheapo plywood backs had come off - cleaning them top to bottom, and have been getting my S/Ls out of the plastic bags and into brodart covers. I plan to take some new shelfies and put them up in my gallery.

I also have a couple of new purchases I'll add here when they come in. Stay tuned.

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast