Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Beautiful looking books.

I've read BILLION YEAR SPREE, but not TRILLION YEAR SPREE.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The signed limited editions of the Matthew Corbett series by Robert McCammon, from River City and Subterranean Press:

I don't have a matching set from SubPress. If anyone has #226 of any of the volumes, I am willing to swap + cash. PM if you can help.

HBJ

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Adam, the Matthew Corbett S/Ls, hands down. The foil embossed slipcases are really nicely done - photos don't do them justice - and the books themselves have additional content not in the trade edition. And the stories themselves are fantastic.

The other volumes are also very nice - the oversized Sean Song and Boys World are top notch - but for me, the Corbetts are something special.

I saw your FB post about the recent McCammons you bought from Siep. Congratulations, man. You're off to a great start!
    I’m not sure if our slipcases are the same but even if not, I know what you mean. They’re the classiest looking items on the entire shelf.

Thanks for your encouragement. They’re the first SubPress books I’ve owned and it’s like a whole new world of collecting opened up. I hear finding my missing number for Mister Slaughter is somewhat of a pipe dream but I’m looking forward to the hunt.

Man you’ve got an amazing non-King collection. There are books here I didn’t even know I wanted haha.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A mish-mash of Clive Barker signed limited editions. I don't really collect Barker with the same focus as other authors, but I've (somehow) managed to acquire a few editions of his books I particularly like:

UK signed limited edition of The Great and Secret Show, in traycase:

Earthling signed limited edition of The Scarlet Gospels:

HarperCollins S/L of Imajica:

Oh cool!!! TGASS and Everville were dunamite books and my favorite, Barker works!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I’m not sure if our slipcases are the same but even if not, I know what you mean. They’re the classiest looking items on the entire shelf.
    Adam, check out the second photo in the post right above yours. Those are my McCammon S/L slipcases.

Man you’ve got an amazing non-King collection. There are books here I didn’t even know I wanted haha.
    Wow, thanks very much! I still have a few interesting things to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Oh cool!!! TGASS and Everville were dunamite books and my favorite, Barker works!!!
    I like them both too. I haven't yet found a UK S/L of Everville from when it was first published. I'm hoping to find something that matches the traycased TGaSS, but no luck yet. The Gauntlet Press editions are quite cool though.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Ah how did I miss those! They’re all beauties. Looking forward to what’s coming next!

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These are the best examples of limiteds - from binding to slipcase. They look as good as some of the lettered editions out there. I hope Cemetery Dance will keep the design - not sure if its possible at all.
    We should start a petition to Brian.

The signed limited editions of the Matthew Corbett series by Robert McCammon, from River City and Subterranean Press:

I don't have a matching set from SubPress. If anyone has #226 of any of the volumes, I am willing to swap + cash. PM if you can help.

HBJ
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Agreed, Yegor. Quality and beauty in every respect.

ETA: and I must say that Victor Chong's illustrations capture the mood of the series exactly - especially his cover art. If CD are publishing the remainder of the series, it would be a real shame - to say the least - if they approached a different artist for the remaining volumes.

HBJ

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a beautiful looking set! I love when a publisher can take a theme and stretch it out over a number of books without the aesthetic getting boring (the RA Lafferty series from Centipede Press is another good example of this). It's a real shame it won't be a 20 book set - that would be a very pretty shelf. As is, they are still a nice looking set of books, though!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful stuff, Peter!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    What a beautiful looking set! I love when a publisher can take a theme and stretch it out over a number of books without the aesthetic getting boring (the RA Lafferty series from Centipede Press is another good example of this). It's a real shame it won't be a 20 book set - that would be a very pretty shelf. As is, they are still a nice looking set of books, though!
    Thanks! I have to agree - the consistency of design elements was one of the main reasons I acquired this set, even though the series had already been cancelled. There a lots of little details to appreciate: for example, the printing on the covers and slipcase, and the bookmark ribbon colour, match the endpaper colour scheme for each volume.

Unfortunately, this is not *quite* a matching set. All volumes are #20 - *except* volume 3, which is #21. This was a publisher error - they sent the original owner the wrong number, and he didn't bother to correct it. Needless to say, I've very interested in finding #20 of volume 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Beautiful stuff, Peter!
    Thanks, Brian! It's a great feeling to post these pics to a forum where people appreciate them!

HBJ

Dan Simmons Lettered editions:

All are PC copies, except The Terror, which is letter I.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, they’re awesome. The Terror (one of my favourite books) looks amazing...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very nice books, but another author I have yet to read.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Oh man, they’re awesome. The Terror (one of my favourite books) looks amazing...
    Thanks, peri. The Terror is very nice indeed, although the traycase marks or scuffs if you look at it twice. But the book is one of SubPress's best, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Very nice books, but another author I have yet to read.
    Thanks! I like Simmons a lot. These are among his best non-SF works.

(I have two more lettered Simmons on the way, which I will post when I get them).

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supersupernice books !!!

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - super jealous! So cool because I haven"t even seen photos of a few ( including Terror) ever anywhere online. Thank you for sharing.
    I just last month finally purchased The Summer Of Night lettered but looks like I have a lot more to find Please let me know if you ever get any tips as to sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Supersupernice books !!!
    Thanks, Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Wow - super jealous! So cool because I haven"t even seen photos of a few ( including Terror) ever anywhere online. Thank you for sharing.
    I just last month finally purchased The Summer Of Night lettered but looks like I have a lot more to find Please let me know if you ever get any tips as to sellers.
    Yegor, you've posted many pics of editions I've never seen before, so I'm glad I can return the favour. I don't have any scoop on sellers, but if I hear of any lettered editions for sale, I'll certainly send them your way.

My lettered collection is still very modest - I'm focusing almost exclusively on McCammon and Simmons SubPress editions, and I'm far from complete, as you can see. My two Grail of Grails at the moment are Drood (Simmons) and Mister Slaughter (McCammon). Although if a Zafon set ever materializes I will jump at it.

HBJ

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Peter!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Chatty

This entire thread amazes me. That Terror...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice, Peter!
    Thanks, Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    This entire thread amazes me. That Terror...
    Thanks, Adam! The Terror is one of my favourite Simmons novels, so I feel very fortunate to have found it. Still looking for a lettered Drood, though.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing. Love those Simmons books!

Some uncommon or signed Stephen Donaldson books:

These are U.K. Trade hardcover editions of the First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I'm not sure of the publishing history of them; i don't know which, if any, were published before the paperbacks, and which are hardcover reprints. I think the non-Collins editions might all be first editions, and quite hard to find.

I love the color illustrations on the First Chronicles books. They were done by an artist named Peter Goodfellow, and I'd love to get prints of them.

US and U.K. Hardcovers of the Last Chronicles. The US editions are all signed; volume 1 is inscribed to me. The U.K. Edition of The Last Dark is not a book club edition, despite its smaller size.

Gollancz signed limited editions of Runes of the Earth (shrinkwrapped) and Seventh Decimate. The former is not as rare - 1000 copies were published - while the latter was limited to 100 copies. No extras other than the signature and slipcase.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection there, Peter!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast