+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

Great Old One Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice add, Peter!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Servant of Gan Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Very nice indeed, Peter. Congratulations!
    Thanks, Alan.

SubPress did the first six volumes of this series, and this is the first volume that CD have done since McCammon moved over to them as his publisher. They have tried to maintain a consistency of style with the previous volumes, while still distinguishing Cardinal Black from them. I think they've done a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I assume the Cardinal is not a nice guy?
    Indeed, he is not, Steve, although he may not be the worst villain of the series the we encounter before we are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice add, Peter!
    Thanks, Brian.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

Servant of Gan Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Matching Lettered editions of Blackout and All Clear by Connie Willis, from Subterranean Press:

This is the second of three long-sought-after purchases I made recently (the first being Straub's lost boy lost girl).

These two Hugo-winning novels form a single time-travel story of life in London during the Battle of Britain. Connie Willis spent the better part of a decade writing it, and the Blitz has been an intense interest of hers, so the result is pretty remarkable.

I had a PC lettered copy of All Clear, and had long been looking for any copy of Blackout, when this matching pair appeared for sale online. I wasn't really looking for a matching pair, but the seller and I came to an acceptable price, and I'm very pleased indeed to have them. As it turns out, to my great surprise, I was able to find another lettered copy of Blackout shortly thereafter, and so I'll be selling the unmatched lettered pair soon.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

Great Old One Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peter! Love the way she signs her name.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the way she signs her name.
    Legibly - always a nice touch.
    God bless Poland.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Love the way she signs her name.
    Legibly - always a nice touch.
    Agreed. I like the way she signs her last name under her first. Instead of straight across the line provided.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Peter!
    I actually loved the design of both books - don't know if variation was part of the plan or not. Curved spine is one of my favorites for thicker books when displayed but I dont like to photograph it, lol as it never lays flat.
    Nice additions as I know you are a fan of Willis!
    Looking To Buy Subterranean Press lettereds:

Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V
    Scalzi Old Mans War set
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O
    Shadow Twin by GRRM
    Earthling Press Song of Kali

My Book Collection

Manni Folken Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG BIG BIG CONGRATS Peter !!!

Congrats, Peter! Love the way she signs her name.
    Thanks, Brian! Her sig is remarkably consistent over the years, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Congrats Peter!
    I actually loved the design of both books - don't know if variation was part of the plan or not. Curved spine is one of my favorites for thicker books when displayed but I dont like to photograph it, lol as it never lays flat.
    Nice additions as I know you are a fan of Willis!
    Thanks very much, Yegor! It's good to see you here. Yes, I agree about the curved spine and the difficulty in "posing" it for pictures. And you are right that I am a fan of Willis' work - although I can see why she's not for everyone. Very pleased to find and buy this matching set.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    BIG BIG BIG CONGRATS Peter !!!
    Thanks very much, Frank.

HBJ

Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11