Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Tim, thank you for your enthusiastic and appreciative response! What can I say - I can only agree. It's a stunning book, and while it cost me quite a lot indeed to purchase, I feel very, very lucky to have it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Tim, thank you for your enthusiastic and appreciative response! What can I say - I can only agree. It's a stunning book, and while it cost me quite a lot indeed to purchase, I feel very, very lucky to have it.

HBJ
    Beautiful book! Wow!

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
    Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thanks, Bryan!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

A (relatively) recent arrival: the Lettered edition of The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu, from Subterranean Press.

SubPress really went above and beyond with the design and craftsmanship of this edition. Every aspect of this volume is gorgeous. A beautiful - and, dare I say it, fitting - production of an extraordinary novel.

Particularly appreciated as this series is one of my favorite SF of recent years.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful. Love the design around the title. I have not read the series at all. Mostly thanks to you guys my to-read list is 4 miles long!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another beautiful add, Peter! Congrats!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I avoided your thread for 3 days waiting for my baby, I mean Rosemary's baby, to arrive, and after three days of emergency delays, it finally got here!

And so - nice books!!!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Impressive.
    Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Beautiful. Love the design around the title. I have not read the series at all. Mostly thanks to you guys my to-read list is 4 miles long!
    I must admit when I saw pictures of this edition, I wasn't sure about it. It looks better in person, and even then, it's grown on me since I received it.

I would recommend the series. It's not perfect - I think the third volume is a little overcrowded with ideas and concepts - but it's a solid, no-nonsense story with an old-school SF flavour. Cixin Liu is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Another beautiful add, Peter! Congrats!
    Thanks, Brian. This edition will go down as one of SubPress's best (and most sought after), I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I avoided your thread for 3 days waiting for my baby, I mean Rosemary's baby, to arrive, and after three days of emergency delays, it finally got here!

And so - nice books!!!
    Thanks, Steve. Some great adds in your thread as well.

Ilium (Simmons)

The Numbered edition of The Road by Cormac McCarthy, from Suntup Editions.

It’s well worth picking this book up with your (clean and dry) bare hands. Lovely textures in this design, and the rough cloth and heavy flax paper fit the novel’s subject and mood perfectly. Fins craftsmanship, too; the book fits the slipcase like a glove.

Another success for Suntup Editions!

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The Numbered edition of The Road by Cormac McCarthy, from Suntup Editions.

It’s well worth picking this book up with your (clean and dry) bare hands. Lovely textures in this design, and the rough cloth and heavy flax paper fit the novel’s subject and mood perfectly. Fins craftsmanship, too; the book fits the slipcase like a glove.

Another success for Suntup Editions!

HBJ
    Beautiful. One of my favorite all time novels. Of all the impressive pics I love the close up pic of the paper! Gorgeous.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Suntup hits it outta the park on that one.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Wow, what a tour de force of recent additions! The Road is magnificent both in form and content, and the lettered 3BP is the most impressive SP lettered in years IMO. But I'm biased because, again, it has marbled boards!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Paul does keep hitting it out of the park with these. You have to feel them to truly appreciate them.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Superbeautiful new books, BIG CONGRATS !!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great new additions, Peter. Love ‘em! Congratulations.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I zipped right past the pictures. Can't look until I get mine!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Now I can look! Great stuff. I still haven't taken my ROAD out of the slipcase, I'll wait until I read it.

Joyce Carol Oates, eh? Another author who may be a very nice person, but I've never read anything by her I even remotely liked, just the opposite. To each their own, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Wow. Suntup hits it outta the park on that one.
    Yes, the design fits the book's mood and subject matter perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Wow, what a tour de force of recent additions! The Road is magnificent both in form and content, and the lettered 3BP is the most impressive SP lettered in years IMO. But I'm biased because, again, it has marbled boards!
    I have to agree about 3BP. It's a somewhat different design for SubPress, but I think they did a wonderful job.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Paul does keep hitting it out of the park with these. You have to feel them to truly appreciate them.
    Agreed, Brian. The little touches - like the slightly ashen tone to the paper - is really great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Superbeautiful new books, BIG CONGRATS !!!
    Thanks, Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Great new additions, Peter. Love ‘em! Congratulations.
    Thank very much, I'm thrilled with both of them.

Now I can look! Great stuff. I still haven't taken my ROAD out of the slipcase, I'll wait until I read it.

Joyce Carol Oates, eh? Another author who may be a very nice person, but I've never read anything by her I even remotely liked, just the opposite. To each their own, I guess!
    I haven't read any Joyce Carol Oates, so I couldn't say either way. But the book is very nice.

Thanks all for your kind comments, and sorry for taking so long to respond!

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

A blast from SubPress past! Saints, by Orson Scott Card, lettered edition, letter E/15.

I enjoy Card’s SF and Fantasy work, but this book is a little different - a fictional recounting of early Mormon church history. I haven’t read it yet, to be honest, but I've heard good things. I saw it online for a reasonable price, so picked it up. I'd never seen a copy before - only 15 copies were published. I love the common design elements across traycase, dustjacket and book covers.

An elegant edition from SubPress’s history.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful addition! But why is the SubPress logo gone and what is the HR?

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow. Again, your non-King collection is something to behold just on it's own. That's a great thing to have Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Wonderful addition! But why is the SubPress logo gone and what is the HR?
    Not sure, but I think this book might have been co-published with Hatrack River Publishers, Orson Scott Card's own publishing house. SubPress's listing doesn't say anything about it, but does mention that copies were also available for sale on OSC's website.

The SubPress logo sometimes takes a vacation. It's not on the lettered edition of The Three Body Problem, either - just a simple 'Subterranean Press", as here. And the Expanse series numbered editions don't have any text at all on the dustjackets.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Wow. Again, your non-King collection is something to behold just on it's own. That's a great thing to have Peter.
    Thanks, a lot, Mike. I was very pleased to stumble across it. And thanks for your kind words about my collection. I do my best.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Absolutely love that SAINTS! I've read it, and although I can't remember much about it, I recall liking it, as I have all of Card's religious books, which is weird since I'm not religious.

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely love that SAINTS! I've read it, and although I can't remember much about it, I recall liking it, as I have all of Card's religious books, which is weird since I'm not religious.
    You collect pretty religiously It counts.

Looks to be a great production, Peter!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast