Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That's a beautiful edition, Peter. Congrats!
    Thanks, Brian. Yes, this is one of the "premier" lettered editions that SubPress were doing around 2010. Just great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Elegant. Nice add, Peter.
    Thanks, Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    SP does some nice work.
    They do indeed. This is one of my favourite volume of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Glad you got one you were really looking for. Just about all of the ones by those authors are sold out so I would have to be brave and do eBay. Need to think about that but thanks. And again, good going.
    Thanks, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Congratulations on Stephenson and Drood. Both beautiful books and quite rare - Stephenson especially.
    I came across several Droods but was not happy with condition so Im glad you got a very nice copy - is it Pekka's ? In my opinion one of the finest bindings and traycase presentation is my absolute favorite.
    Just speculation of course but Im hoping Bill would publish either REAMDE or Seveneves.
    Thanks, Yegor. Both Stephenson and Simmons are from Pekka. The Drood traycase has one dinged corner - mostly hidden in my photos, above - but the book looks like it's barely been handled, much less read. I'm very happy with it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Three recently acquired McCammon SubPress Lettered Editions: The Five, They Thirst, and Boy's Life

Boy's Life is a true Lettered ('P') edition, and has been a long time Grail of mine. Thanks to a member here for making it available for purchase.

The Five and They Thirst are both PC copies.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Wow those are beauties! That edition of The Five is one of my favorite SubPress editions I’ve seen so far. Just something about it.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peter!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Peter! Subterranean has done absolutely marvelous job with McCammon - I was really shocked he left them. His books were given world class treatment as evident by your photos.
    How are you keep finding these PC versions. 😊?
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Those look awesome. Either I don't know how to look or something, but I never new Subpress had so many books. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Wow those are beauties! That edition of The Five is one of my favorite SubPress editions I’ve seen so far. Just something about it.
    Thanks, Adam. That was only the second McCammon book that SubPress did (Mister Slaughter being the first), and they were the original publisher - it was a new novel at the time. So they really gave it the five-star treatment.

Congrats, Peter!
    Thanks, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Congrats Peter! Subterranean has done absolutely marvelous job with McCammon - I was really shocked he left them. His books were given world class treatment as evident by your photos.
    How are you keep finding these PC versions. 😊?
    I know exactly what you mean. The SubPress editions are the nicest editions of McCammons work, and among the nicest editions of SubPress's work. I was very dismayed when he left them to go elsewhere.

Those look awesome. Either I don't know how to look or something, but I never new Subpress had so many books. Congrats.
    Thanks, Mike! SubPress have published many popular authors and wonderful editions over the years. Most of them are long out of print, though. But their website has an almost-complete record of every edition - including original cover price. A very handy resource when shopping on the secondary market.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

I've been collecting signed UK trade editions lately, and I thought I'd post some pics of them here.

These are the Goldsboro signed numbered variant of the UK edition of Justin Cronin's Passage trilogy:

The first volume is slipcased; the second and third are not, but have sprayed page edges. This is not a matching numbered set; I don't actually know if the publisher matched numbers for collectors. I bought these all from the same seller.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

These are the Goldsboro signed numbered variant of the UK edition of Volumes 2 and 4 of The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

These two volumes are matching, and I hope to find #172 of the other two volumes (as unlikely as that is).

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

This is the Waterstones variant of the UK edition of The Labyrinth of Spirits, By Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

This edition is not numbered, but it is signed and has red sprayed edges (which is why I bought it).

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice, I especially like the Cronin volumes.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Peter! Of course I'm a fan of the sprayed edges as you know . Someone told me Goldboro will match numbers if titles are preordered. Not an issue for me as I'm just after the sprayed edges. Folio does some sprayed edge stuff as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They do. I don't have the Passage - but I did get matching Twelve and Mirrors. Really don't know why...will probably sell them someday.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nice, I especially like the Cronin volumes.
    Thanks, Steve. They are really strong post-apocalyptic novels, in my opinion. These are simple but nice editions, and the sprayed edges are neat.

(I got these for a pretty good price too, which doesn't hurt)

Nice, Peter! Of course I'm a fan of the sprayed edges as you know . Someone told me Goldboro will match numbers if titles are preordered. Not an issue for me as I'm just after the sprayed edges. Folio does some sprayed edge stuff as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    They do. I don't have the Passage - but I did get matching Twelve and Mirrors. Really don't know why...will probably sell them someday.
    Oh, thanks, guys. Good to know about the matching numbers. All my Goldsboro editions have been bought on the secondary market so far, but that may change is I can match numbers.

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice new books, BIG CONGRATS !!!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Very nice new books Peter. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Supernice new books, BIG CONGRATS !!!
    Very nice new books Peter. Very nice.
    Thanks, guys! It's a great series, and I like having signed copies. SubPress are doing limited and lettered editions the final volume next year, and I'll be getting that as well.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

This is the lettered edition of The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin, from Subterranean Press:

This is a PC copy, but it's identical to a true Lettered copy. It's a nice edition, and the book itself is a Hugo winner. I hope to pick up PC copies of the other two in the series.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read that Zafon series 2 years back - there were peaks and troughs but overall, I enjoyed them very much. I’d be interested to see what the latest book is like. They’re beautiful looking editions - nice!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

And your copy has TWO letters! Wow!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

LOL
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

How do you keep finding these PC versions? If its not a secret. I saw Red Rising PC sold on eBay for example - I have never seen one anywhere before that.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Yegor, this year I was able to pick up PC Lettered copies from the SubPress PC sale back in April, and from Bill Schafer selling his personal copies through Camelot Books. For the rest, its been through eBay, Camelot, ABE and online communities.

So, no secrets; I wish I could say I was a personal friend of Bill Schafer, and he was sending me these PC copies as gifts ... but it ain't so.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I read that Zafon series 2 years back - there were peaks and troughs but overall, I enjoyed them very much. I’d be interested to see what the latest book is like. They’re beautiful looking editions - nice!
    Antoni, I enjoyed the series immensely. The second, particularly, I thought was fantastic for reasons I won't spoil. I think a lot of the appeal for me is the prose itself; the plot is a little meandering at times, but I like that sort of thing. I also listened to audiobooks for the series, which benefit from excellent narrators.

That's not how that works.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

The ARC of The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson, by Suntup Editions:

The ARC contains the same two-color printing, and black and white illustrations, of the numbered edition. The ARC cover is actually a pale green, despite looking pale blue or white in many of the photos.

I won this ARC during the live FB stream that Paul did late last year. I couldn't be more thrilled.

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast