+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Hunchback Jack Collection - non-King

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That's a beautiful edition, Peter. Congrats!
    Thanks, Brian. Yes, this is one of the "premier" lettered editions that SubPress were doing around 2010. Just great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Elegant. Nice add, Peter.
    Thanks, Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    SP does some nice work.
    They do indeed. This is one of my favourite volume of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Glad you got one you were really looking for. Just about all of the ones by those authors are sold out so I would have to be brave and do eBay. Need to think about that but thanks. And again, good going.
    Thanks, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Congratulations on Stephenson and Drood. Both beautiful books and quite rare - Stephenson especially.
    I came across several Droods but was not happy with condition so Im glad you got a very nice copy - is it Pekka's ? In my opinion one of the finest bindings and traycase presentation is my absolute favorite.
    Just speculation of course but Im hoping Bill would publish either REAMDE or Seveneves.
    Thanks, Yegor. Both Stephenson and Simmons are from Pekka. The Drood traycase has one dinged corner - mostly hidden in my photos, above - but the book looks like it's barely been handled, much less read. I'm very happy with it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Three recently acquired McCammon SubPress Lettered Editions: The Five, They Thirst, and Boy's Life

Boy's Life is a true Lettered ('P') edition, and has been a long time Grail of mine. Thanks to a member here for making it available for purchase.

The Five and They Thirst are both PC copies.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow those are beauties! That edition of The Five is one of my favorite SubPress editions I’ve seen so far. Just something about it.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peter!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 is on a distinguished road ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Peter! Subterranean has done absolutely marvelous job with McCammon - I was really shocked he left them. His books were given world class treatment as evident by your photos.
    How are you keep finding these PC versions. 😊?
    Looking To Buy Subterranean Press lettereds:

Scalzi Old Mans War set
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac
    Shadow Twin by GRRM
    Earthling Press Song of Kali

My Book Collection

Servant of Gan MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough MikeDuke is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Cheerful

Those look awesome. Either I don't know how to look or something, but I never new Subpress had so many books. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Wow those are beauties! That edition of The Five is one of my favorite SubPress editions I’ve seen so far. Just something about it.
    Thanks, Adam. That was only the second McCammon book that SubPress did (Mister Slaughter being the first), and they were the original publisher - it was a new novel at the time. So they really gave it the five-star treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Peter!
    Thanks, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Congrats Peter! Subterranean has done absolutely marvelous job with McCammon - I was really shocked he left them. His books were given world class treatment as evident by your photos.
    How are you keep finding these PC versions. 😊?
    I know exactly what you mean. The SubPress editions are the nicest editions of McCammons work, and among the nicest editions of SubPress's work. I was very dismayed when he left them to go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Those look awesome. Either I don't know how to look or something, but I never new Subpress had so many books. Congrats.
    Thanks, Mike! SubPress have published many popular authors and wonderful editions over the years. Most of them are long out of print, though. But their website has an almost-complete record of every edition - including original cover price. A very handy resource when shopping on the secondary market.

HBJ

Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7