Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: ym2000 Collection

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Fantastic books, Yegor! Drood is on my Grail list.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

We need a photo of your bookshelf(ves).
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I need to take one! We should launch official Shelfie Sunday for all members.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    We need a photo of your bookshelf(ves).
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supersuperamazing books !!!!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yegor, I've just discovered your thread here and I'll be honest, my first thought was, "Why is he using publisher photographs of his books rather than his own photographs?" Then I started reading the comments and realised - this IS YOUR photography! Well, you've just set the bar on this site. Absolutely wonderful photographs. And your library is just mind-blowing... I'd love to see some photographs of the shelves. Thanks for sharing.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Don't forget to put books on the shelves before you take the pictures.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all so much for the compliments. Sometimes I think Im overdoing on photography as it does not look "real" like iPhone photo would , and other days Im like what the hell - these books not only amazing in literary way but also aesthetically can be/ should be considered works of art.
    Im just having fun with it and not taking it too seriously.
    Here is my Centipede Press rack.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

If you’re “overdoing” it, please keep doing so. Nice rack btw.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

I think Jared likes you.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Stunning photography and stunning collection.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Yegor, keep doing what you're doing, photo-wise! You're showing the books in their best possible light, and it enables all of us to appreciate them as much as you do.

As someone who uses an iPhone to take photos of books sitting on wood tables in front of white walls, I wish I had a fraction of your expertise, just to do the books justice.

HBJ

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speechless.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your CP collection is what my dream of a CP collection looks like...

Also, you’ve help me make up my mind. I’m going to display my CPs together, rather than with author. Looks much more striking.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you so much everyone!
    Here is my other stand alone rack - not really epic fantasy like my main ones. I need to do a separate photo for my China Mieville books and Mccammons.
    it took awhile to find all in lettered state - only a few Corbetts missing. Mievielle are all of matching letter.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Niiiiiiiice I’ll take that lettered Boy’s Life, please
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

I like the glass shelves; the books ain't too shabby either...

Great stuff, Yegor. Quite a few Lettereds there I haven't seen before. Congrats!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing collection !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Glass shelves. Not the best for books but its ONE MORE reason to buy lettereds - they have tray cases, hahahaha. Thats what I tell my wife. Pain in the ass for dust but no-one is allowed in this room....
    Thank you everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I like the glass shelves; the books ain't too shabby either...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simply an amazing collection!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the way those shelves make your collection look. It definitely puts emphasis on the books, and just overall looks very sleek. You have a beautiful collection

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    This is pretty much a "best of" Centipede Collection - very nice! I really like the jacketless books he does, especially the most recent ones. The Drowning Girl, The Collector, The Girl in a Swing, Samurai Cat, Kafka on the Shore... they are my favorites from the last couple of years. And the Wolfe set is just gorgeous.

I have displayed my Centipede collection a couple of different ways and I think your shelf is quite striking.

Two questions for you

1. Did you have the slipcases for American Psycho and the others custom made, or were you able to find extras from other books that fit? I'd like to get a slipcase for some of my non-slipcased CP books (American Pyscho is one of them).

2. Is Imgur pretty easy to use? I have used the site-based image uploader, which I like and appreciate, but for whole-shelf pictures the resolution is just too small to make out each title. I like that I can easily read all of the titles when you post your full shelves.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you my friend.
    I can’t say anything about these image hosting sites - other it’s a bit of a pain to upload photos to various locations. It’s free so I guess it works.
    I found this cool guy that makes his own cases stateside- and he’s using different materials than Jeff in U.K. so it worked perfectly for CP. I made all cases to match - black cloth so it’s almost a perfect companion to other CP slipcases plus they are affordable. So yes for American Psycho it’s one of those slipcases. Because of the shelves design I somewhat “forced” to either make cases or buy books only with traycases. So when Jerad asks in his Sunday newsletter what he should do with upcoming edition and slipcase or not my answer is always Yes, yes, triple yes.😜

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Thank you my friend.
    I can’t say anything about these image hosting sites - other it’s a bit of a pain to upload photos to various locations. It’s free so I guess it works.
    I found this cool guy that makes his own cases stateside- and he’s using different materials than Jeff in U.K. so it worked perfectly for CP. I made all cases to match - black cloth so it’s almost a perfect companion to other CP slipcases plus they are affordable. So yes for American Psycho it’s one of those slipcases. Because of the shelves design I somewhat “forced” to either make cases or buy books only with traycases. So when Jerad asks in his Sunday newsletter what he should do with upcoming edition and slipcase or not my answer is always Yes, yes, triple yes.😜
    You know looking at all of these I am sad that all of his newer editions are hardcover with a dust jacket. I always enjoyed his older style of just cloth boards or printed paper boards with leather spine. What do you think about the shift? You seem to have all the older editions that are beautiful works of art.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm well on my way to complete Subterranean Press Neil Gaiman collection - only one or two more titles remain.. This last book just came in last month and was not an easy find mind you
    Coraline, Neil Gaiman, 2011

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast