Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: ym2000 Collection

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Book of Magic=Nice
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke
    Centipede Press, 2019

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Of course it all looks fantastic but congrats on completing your GRRM set. Quite a feat.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Of course it all looks fantastic but congrats on completing your GRRM set. Quite a feat.
    LOL - Thank you! And of course THE MOST FANTASTIC is still coming!!!!!!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

The Feathered Bough by Stephen J. Clark
    Zagava, 2019

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
    Suntup Editions, 2019.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

You know, I know it's not a competition, but why do I even bother. The Feathered Bough looks so cool. And of course The Road look out of this world.
    Congrats, yet again

Country
    Country Flag

You know, I know it's not a competition, but why do I even bother. The Feathered Bough looks so cool. And of course The Road look out of this world.
    Congrats, yet again
    Thank you! I just point camera at stuff that happens to be beautiful books. But to me The Road is the highlight of small press mastery of recent years. Truly an incredible presentation.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Congrats, yet again
    Thank you! I just point camera at stuff that happens to be beautiful books. But to me The Road is the highlight of small press mastery of recent years. Truly an incredible presentation.
    While that may be true, you capture that mastery in masterful ways. I always appreciate the visual gourmet. Such a treat!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, yet again
    Speaking of competition. . . Are these other companies raising their game?

looking for: The Road #208, Hill House numbered,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Perhaps a little, but not that I’ve noticed. Maybe they don’t have to.

Paul is doing something a little different from most other publishers, at a different price point. He’s effectively producing a lettered- quality product for his numbered edition - and pricing it higher than other numbered editions - and producing his Lettereds at a whole other level.

So other publishers may not see a need to raise the quality and price of their numbered editions to match. Paul isn’t really competing at their price point. You might see more 52-copy lettered editions from them, though, if they interpret Paul’s success as evidence of a bigger market for books at the $500 price point.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First off, congrats on all the nice new acquisitions!

Second: I'm glad you took a picture of Childhood's End without the dustjacket! It's such a great production all around, and it pains me to think of how many people have that book but have never taken the dustjacket off to see the actual spine and boards. Jerad always has nice stuff like foil stamping and/or blindstamping on the books but I fear that most people never see them because they don't look under the dustjacket.

Third: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for Zagava!!! So glad to see the addition of those books to your library, and hoping you post more pictures in the future

I think they are pretty much neck-and-neck with Suntup in terms of the finest and most original books being produced these days. Suntup wins out IMO, in part because the much higher price point of the Suntup books affords the ability to get really crazy with the materials (e.g., The Road), but Zagava has been putting out really, really nice lettered edition books for the last couple of years and has a lot of good stuff in the pipeline.

If you appreciate finely produced books, the lettered Zagava books are all around $350 and are magnificent pieces of art. For that price point, I think they are the best small press right now.

Their site has a lot of great pictures: www.zagava.de

EDIT: I was compiling my post when HBJ posted and I agree - I don't necessarily think that small press publishers are currently upping their game due to Suntup because they generally come in at a different price point and quality of book (as per HBJ's observations). But I do think that Suntup Editions is pushing the boundaries in just the right ways and am certain that in the medium-to-long-term we are going to see some more adventurous small presses as a direct result of their efforts.

I also want to note that Zagava has been around since 2013 and has always been pretty innovative (thought moreso recently, I think).

And lastly, sorry for derailing your thread Yegor but I think the general discussion around small presses is really interesting and that Zagava is a name that should be more widely known!

My Mood
    Cool

Not to change topics, but Lotuz. I took a look at Zagava. Their stuff sure looks nice. I may have to study what they have in stock more carefully.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

By the way, congratulations, Yegor, on your new acquisitions - and thanks for posting such stunning photos of them.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful books, Yegor. Great analysis by Lotuz and HBJ as usual.

If anyone can direct message me on the best books (regarding story) or writer published by Zagava? Beautiful, but need some guidance.

looking for: The Road #208, Hill House numbered,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous productions and photos! The Feathered Bough is awesome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful new books, BIG CONGRATS !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Im glad I discovered Zagava - such a great work at very reasonable price point. I want to buy more but not sure of their authors as they seem to be a little off my collecting direction. But I reached out to Jonas to see what would he recommend.
    BTW
    I have a CP book that I just acquired that is SUPER RARE, SUPER COOL and I have never ever seen one for sale anywhere or in anyone’s collection online. How’s that for a teaser!!!??😜

SUPER PUMPED to share with you here!

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    First off, congrats on all the nice new acquisitions!

Second: I'm glad you took a picture of Childhood's End without the dustjacket! It's such a great production all around, and it pains me to think of how many people have that book but have never taken the dustjacket off to see the actual spine and boards. Jerad always has nice stuff like foil stamping and/or blindstamping on the books but I fear that most people never see them because they don't look under the dustjacket.

Third: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for Zagava!!! So glad to see the addition of those books to your library, and hoping you post more pictures in the future

I think they are pretty much neck-and-neck with Suntup in terms of the finest and most original books being produced these days. Suntup wins out IMO, in part because the much higher price point of the Suntup books affords the ability to get really crazy with the materials (e.g., The Road), but Zagava has been putting out really, really nice lettered edition books for the last couple of years and has a lot of good stuff in the pipeline.

If you appreciate finely produced books, the lettered Zagava books are all around $350 and are magnificent pieces of art. For that price point, I think they are the best small press right now.

Their site has a lot of great pictures: www.zagava.de

EDIT: I was compiling my post when HBJ posted and I agree - I don't necessarily think that small press publishers are currently upping their game due to Suntup because they generally come in at a different price point and quality of book (as per HBJ's observations). But I do think that Suntup Editions is pushing the boundaries in just the right ways and am certain that in the medium-to-long-term we are going to see some more adventurous small presses as a direct result of their efforts.

I also want to note that Zagava has been around since 2013 and has always been pretty innovative (thought moreso recently, I think).

And lastly, sorry for derailing your thread Yegor but I think the general discussion around small presses is really interesting and that Zagava is a name that should be more widely known!
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im glad I discovered Zagava - such a great work at very reasonable price point. I want to buy more but not sure of their authors as they seem to be a little off my collecting direction. But I reached out to Jonas to see what would he recommend.
    BTW
    I have a CP book that I just acquired that is SUPER RARE, SUPER COOL and I have never ever seen one for sale anywhere or in anyone’s collection online. How’s that for a teaser!!!??😜

I can’t wait!!!!!!!!

I have a guess, and if it’s the book I’m hoping, I’ve never been able to confirm that it even actually exists, and I’ve certainly never seen it before!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

BTW

I can’t wait!!!!!!!!

I have a guess, and if it’s the book I’m hoping, I’ve never been able to confirm that it even actually exists, and I’ve certainly never seen it before!!!

My prediction:

Forever War Deluxe Edition

... Or at least this is the one I'm hoping to see, selfishly
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    BTW

I can’t wait!!!!!!!!

My prediction:

Forever War Deluxe Edition

... Or at least this is the one I'm hoping to see, selfishly
    You are wise beyond your years
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Coooooooool!

That’s what I was hoping for, too!!!

I can’t wait to see it.

Some of the stuff you come up with is really amazing, Yegor. It never ceases to amaze me that you can find some books - this one is a perfect example, it’s pretty much a ghost...

Country
    Country Flag

Forever War by Joe Haldeman
    Centipede Press, Deluxe Edition.

I started obsessing with this book awhile ago, not sure when now. Actually probably with all Deluxes by CP but this particular one was a mystery as there were only 12 made - according to the signature page at least. I could not find any images or even mentions of this edition anywhere online.
    A ghost of sorts as called by Tim or Unicorn.
    The are a few photos comparing Limited to Deluxe. Cheers.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Forever War by Joe Haldeman
    Centipede Press, Deluxe Edition.

I started obsessing with this book awhile ago, not sure when now. Actually probably with all Deluxes by CP but this particular one was a mystery as there were only 12 made - according to the signature page at least. I could not find any images or even mentions of this edition anywhere online.
    A ghost of sorts as called by Tim or Unicorn.
    The are a few photos comparing Limited to Deluxe. Cheers.

I knew it! Congrats, that is truly a masterpiece.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Glorious. Thank you for again sharing the super rare acquisitions. It is a pleasure to see them!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast