Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 'Salem's Lot: Nocturnal Readers Edition

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Board full of English teachers, eh? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd have liked the shirt more without the words.

Traveler Samsteele will become famous soon enough

It'll be fixed thanks For pointing it out

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Kinda like when folks state things "say" vs. "reads".
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Kinda like when folks state things "say" vs. "reads".
    I didn’t start correcting myself on that until, say, when I joined this forum.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I'd have liked the shirt more without the words.
    I have the opposite opinion. I would not wear it without the words, otherwise 99% of the people who see me in it would have no idea what it is supposed to be.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I would like a holographic shirt that projects the words ten feet in front of me as I walk down the street.
    That's a sure way to pick up girls.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I would like a holographic shirt that projects the words ten feet in front of me as I walk down the street.
    That's a sure way to pick up girls.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've noticed some very cool items coming from these guys over the last few weeks. Saw them on FB, but I'll be damned if I know how to post them here!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

From Vincent...

"King Box production update

So from what I know thus far, the foil dies and cutting dies were damaged in transit (I can post the email when I have more time), so no matter the situation, we would have been delayed anyway. They rush ordered more so hopefully once they get those, I can finally get a dummy copy and they should be bound. Its a lengthy process, so please continue patience and we promise you'll love it so much! "
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the recent newsletter:

"KING BOX

We are working with the publisher to try and speed up production. We should actually have some images for you soon. The early copies will be heading out to the artist in the next couple weeks for remarques, and I will finish my order for the slipcases for those that want them. I will have a mock up of those in the next week or so as well."

This was expected to be published in mid-June. "early copies?"

Country
    Country Flag

The latest excuse from this piece of shit...

So there's a lot of craziness going on with this order. So lets address a few things I've seen. Anything you have read anywhere not by us is likely a rumor or just false. (Fixed it.)

We purchased an ISBN and rights to publish this book with a publisher's help. We are actually, contractually, the sole publisher. But we are using a professional publisher and their help getting everything done. With that said, I can't just call the printer and demand an update as much as I wish I could.

The Last Update I got last week was this:

Vincent,

I wish I had more to tell you, but I don't have much since last week. We had to reformat the text again because it didn't quite fit the correct dimensions. Other than that the boards are all being stamped. I hesitate to give you more of an update because I am not sure just yet on the end date. Once we get this part done with the formatting, we will be waiting on Chuck for the new cover page approval and we can move forward. One last thing, can you send me the artist's mailing address so that once they do get done with formatting, we can send some pages to be remarqued? Or are you wanting to do tip in pages?

From reading this explanation, it seems that nothing has been printed which means he was lying (big surprise) in his past updates.

May 17 - "Just wanted to update everyone on production of Salem's Lot. We are still on track to start shipping for the end of June! "

How so if nothing has actually been done?

June 6 - "King Box Update: Everything is still on track for the end of the month/early July. It should be heading to the binder next week"

How so if nothing has been done?

June 18 - "King Box Update: Everything is on track to ship early/mid July. It went to the printer and is being reviewed. It should head to the binder at the end of next week and our foil stamping should be done soon as well."

How so if nothing has been done?

Vincent then went off the rails on the crazy train...

July 1 - "So from what I know thus far, the foil dies and cutting dies were damaged in transit (I can post the email when I have more time), so no matter the situation, we would have been delayed anyway. They rush ordered more so hopefully once they get those, I can finally get a dummy copy and they should be bound."

Yeah, right.

July 9 - "So we got in the cutting dies and they are perfect. The foil printing dies are still being worked and should ship back soon. I have a call with the publisher to see how long the process is after that comes in before I can get my early copy/dummy copy for slipcases."

Yeah, right... again.

July 24 - "I was working on getting an update for tomorrow, but as of now the dies are in we are just waiting on production."

Just waiting for the book that should have been published in June.

July 31 - "We are well into full production now, and things are going great. I do not currently have a time line but since I was away for a while I and the dies had to be replaced I think that we are a couple months behind. "

This are going so great that nothing has been printed since the formatting isn't right. A couple of months behind would mean they should be shipping now.

August 7 - "We are working with the publisher to try and speed up production. We should actually have some images for you soon. The early copies will be heading out to the artist in the next couple weeks for remarques, and I will finish my order for the slipcases for those that want them. I will have a mock up of those in the next week or so as well. "

Just more bullshit.

I was going to wait on this book. Now I could not care less. I will be cancelling both of my orders and disputing the charge with PayPal. I refuse to do business with a liar and a thief. I will not purchase one on the aftermarket if it ever does become available. This is likely going to be the least desirable King book ever published. There are 2000 copies. NRB has, according to Vincent, more that 2000 customers. He still hasn't sold out. Many of the orders placed have now been cancelled. King made the right call by not signing. He made a mistake by letting these clowns publish anything of his.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, I don't know if he already orf not, but it would be informative to get, Paul's take on some of this stuff. I understand if he has been staying away as a sort of "Professional Courtesy" or the like and I can respect that. However, Paul kinda wears two hats being a member here as well. So, Paul if you can put on your "Member hat" for a moment and take off your "Publisher Hat" I think we could all benefit from your unique insight on what this gentleman claims to be happening in the process.

Of course, if you feel its some sort of a conflict I daresay I/we will fully understand. I know I only know enough about the entire process to be dangerous!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, I don't know if he already orf not, but it would be informative to get, Paul's take on some of this stuff. I understand if he has been staying away as a sort of "Professional Courtesy" or the like and I can respect that. However, Paul kinda wears two hats being a member here as well. So, Paul if you can put on your "Member hat" for a moment and take off your "Publisher Hat" I think we could all benefit from your unique insight on what this gentleman claims to be happening in the process.

Of course, if you feel its some sort of a conflict I daresay I/we will fully understand. I know I only know enough about the entire process to be dangerous!!! lol lol

Paul has other things on his plate. Please don't bug him with this type of request.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Paul has other things on his plate. Please don't bug him with this type of request.
    My apologies. I was unaware of the situation when I posted this request. Visited this thread before the Suntup thread. Consider it rescinded for now of course.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I filed a PP dispute.

I purchased two NRB Special Editions of Salem's Lot, a collectible shirt/tote bag, and enamel pin. One order with the shirt and one with the tote bag. The items were scheduled to ship at the end of June. NRB sells monthly boxes and this was an extra special edition box. The item never arrived. NRB hasn't fulfilled their June, July or August orders either. I've been receiving updates that are contradictory. The owner is apparently a liar and a thief. I simply want my money back. He can keep the product.

Vincent replied...

What updates are contradictory? and about half of July has gone out and the rest will be gone soon. No one is a thief or a liar. Its kind of disgusting for you to make these types of accusations when you are no longer a subscriber, and have no information that isn't second hand. Just because its on the internet doesn't mean it true and if you want to keep name calling, you can review your Terms of Service.

Notice how he doesn't address my request for a refund?

I then basically posted the contradictory NRB updates listed above.

Vincent contacted me by email.

Hey Brian, I would love to. [Issue a refund] Unfortunately I cannot do that because you opened up an inquiry on Paypal. It is already holding the funds as a mediator, so even if I tried to refund you, it wouldn't let me. If you want to cancel it, I can refund you immediately, but not until then. I understand if you want to leave it be, just letting you know it can take a pretty long time for them to release funds.

I replied...

All you have to do is agree the item hasn't shipped and PayPal will issue the refund.

It isn't difficult. Saying that it isn't possible is just another one of your lies.

Go ahead and refuse to refund me if you prefer. PayPal will make it right.

If that's the path you choose then I'll just continue informing others of your lack of character.

What a loser POS.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Holy shit! The guy’s just not cut out for business. Glad you’re giving him hell. It’s certainly warranted! And although it doesn’t matter at this point, didn’t you get the info from his email blast? I got the same email and I’m not a subscriber. He doesn’t even know that he’s sending emails to non-subscribers. What a fucking tool.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

At least you got a response from him. He's been ignoring me. I don't know why he thinks treating his customers like this would be a good thing to do.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Adam, I don't think he'll be in business much longer.

Heather, I got a response just after I filed the dispute with PayPal. He took that seriously.

I escalated the dispute to a case. PayPal will now review it and no doubt issue me a refund.

Vincent can now dither around for 20 days without issuing the refund before PayPal will do so.

What are the odds he'll be a stand up guy and agree to the refund immediately? Not very good I'm afraid.

My statement to PayPal...

I don't think the seller is ever going to produce the product. He's been having serious financial, business and personal problems for months now. I know of dozens of people who have not received the product they ordered from him. He continues to lie about almost everything. He keeps selling but he isn't delivering. I don't want the product, which doesn't even exist at this point. I simply want a refund. He contacted me through email claiming that he couldn't issue the refund now since PayPal is involved. Just another one of his lies. Please issue me the refund before he goes bankrupt.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The fact he hasn't been here in this group since May reinforces my opinion he only came here to begin with as a BS attempt to try and appease those of us complaining about his attitude and communication. If he was dedicated to customer relations, he'd still be here. But instead he has retreated to the social media where he can delete, censor and block people who speak out against him. Typical coward behaviour imo.

My Mood
    Chatty

I just can’t get over the way he acts like the customer owes him something. Been seeing more and more of that shit lately. Must be a generational thing because it only started a few years ago. Apparently now the customer is always wrong.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The customer is always a prick in his mind...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    The fact he hasn't been here in this group since May reinforces my opinion he only came here to begin with as a BS attempt to try and appease those of us complaining about his attitude and communication. If he was dedicated to customer relations, he'd still be here. But instead he has retreated to the social media where he can delete, censor and block people who speak out against him. Typical coward behaviour imo.
    You know, James I can't really argue given the state of affairs, but FWIW and to be completely maybe not fair but honest about the situation and his state of mind, I think that when he came here and posted and then made a ($800) donation to the fund raiser, I really think that in his mind he felt he could make a comeback. I'm not making any excuses for the guy or his company just trying to get an honest handle on the situation. Obviously, and he actually said as much, the guy has some mental issues. be it PTSD or Bi-Polar or whatever he is not in good mental shape and should not be in business. I think he was honestly trying to crawl back, but he never really had a shot though he probably didn't want to admit it.

The whole thing is really a pretty sad story if we can believe anything that he has publicly told people. Don't get me wrong I am in no way condoning his behavior or the way he has treated paying customers and its pretty fucked up that a lot of folks are most likely going to come out of this thing losing their hard earned dollars. You know, I can sort of understand, but again not condone or justify, his behavior in light of possible PTSD on a veteran, but WTF about his family, friends and fellow NRB employees/partners. You'd think somebody might stand up and just say enough is enough and do what they can to repair the situation as best they can and just shut it down.

Anyway, like I said its a damn shame all around and at this point its probably better if it just came to an end and everyone could just count up their losses and move on. I think I mentioned before that from a small press business standpoint he has fallen into a common syndrome all too familiar to that business. Throw in mental issues and what not and that's a really bad mix. i feel for all those who stand to lose their money and just wish this guy would give up the ghost already. he ain't making any kind of a comeback at this point and should just save everyone the suspense and anxiety of prolonging the inevitable.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Vincent...

Its not about that at all, and how about you chill out with your petty threats and name calling? I didn't do a damn thing to you! I just agreed to refund you. If I agree to the dispute, then it counts as a lost dispute on my account. Not that you give a shit, but I do.

Inform away! I have respect for people on the forum who I've spoken to, you want to use it to bully me into just taking the hit, and to shit talk. You think because you have an online status that you can make me do whatever you want?

You need to grow up. The book is late, I apologized, AND agreed to refund you. You don't want to take it, that's on you. I hope you have a good night! 🌙

My reply...

The only way I can drop the dispute is to state that it is resolved. It is not resolved. It will be resolved when you agree to the refund or PayPal issues it. Are you man enough to live up to your responsibilities and issue the refund?[/I] (We all know the answer to that.)

[I]You may well have respect for members on the forum. I doubt there is a single member who has any respect left for you, since you are seemingly undeserving of it. You came on the site trying to clean up your reputation by making a charity donation and claiming that you were "going to be so fucking nice." That never happened. You and your business simply went downhill from there.

There are still members who don't have their June boxes, which you claim will be shipping today. That may well be true. The problem being no one believes a word you say anymore.

What a way to run a railroad!”

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

My assessment of the situation (that no one asked for or needs): Vincent is Icarus. They guy has tremendous ambition and huge ideas. I just think he bit off more than he can chew and he's so prideful that he will break before he bows under the pressure. He's been trying to stay one step ahead of disaster and he sees the customers as dogs nipping at his heels. He needed a sales rep or a strong business partner to act as a buffer between him and the customers. He needed someone to tell him to fly a little lower and find that sweet spot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast