Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 'Salem's Lot: Nocturnal Readers Edition

Hybrid View

Traveler Samsteele will become famous soon enough

Default 'Salem's Lot: Nocturnal Readers Edition

Hey Everyone! So I hope this is OK, but I wanted to invite everyone to check out our newsletter regarding the Special edition of Salem's Lot that we are publishing. Its got a little artist info, plus purchases are entered to win a #'ed Desperation and one of only two proofs for Salem's Lot, also we will love you.

5% of the proceeds from the sale will go to the fundraiser while its active, and directly to the Haven foundation after. If you have any questions, concerns, or just curiosities, you can address them here or email me at thenocturnalreadersbox@gmail.com

I am also going to be working on some slipcases for collectors that will also go into the pool of customers, but I'm sure if you email me, we can figure something out. Thanks everyone. Feel free to subscribe to the mailing list after you visit it if you want to stay up on production and general cool stuff.

-Vince

https://mailchi.mp/9ef392556f77/sale...infofundraiser

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Cool!!!!!

If I may, exactly what is the deal with these books? I mean is there a DJ? Are you actually publishing these with permissions? Are these "Re-Binds". What about the boards and paper? Is there a number line to indicate 1/1?

I apologize if this sort of stuff has been covered previously. Just curious before I purchase.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very Cool!!!!!

If I may, exactly what is the deal with these books? I mean is there a DJ? Are you actually publishing these with permissions? Are these "Re-Binds". What about the boards and paper? Is there a number line to indicate 1/1?

I apologize if this sort of stuff has been covered previously. Just curious before I purchase.
    Hey, so we purchased the printing rights for the title. It is being co-published with Double Day (Penguin), but the ISBN (9780525615552), art, print run, etc, is owned by us. We are basically using their printing services because they printed the original HC.

The boards are black, we have in-laid red foil designs going on the front and back and spine. the DJ is what you see in the newsletter, and the copyright page will say 1st NRB Special Edition.

There is no line for numbers, but its a complete new edition, not a re-bind or anything like that.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Samsteele View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very Cool!!!!!

Hey, so we purchased the printing rights for the title. It is being co-published with Double Day (Penguin), but the ISBN (9780525615552), art, print run, etc, is owned by us. We are basically using their printing services because they printed the original HC.

The boards are black, we have in-laid red foil designs going on the front and back and spine. the DJ is what you see in the newsletter, and the copyright page will say 1st NRB Special Edition.

There is no line for numbers, but its a complete new edition, not a re-bind or anything like that.
    Cool. Thank you!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Vince, could you provide more details regarding the 'Salems Lit proof? I'd like to add it to the listing of SK proofs in this forum. I try to keep the listing as comprehensive as possible.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Vince, could you provide more details regarding the 'Salems Lit proof? I'd like to add it to the listing of SK proofs in this forum. I try to keep the listing as comprehensive as possible.

John
    Sure, we should be getting our two proofs from the printer in a couple weeks and I will send you some pictures or info. but I shall keep everyone updated!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Sure, we should be getting our two proofs from the printer in a couple weeks and I will send you some pictures or info. but I shall keep everyone updated!!
    Thanks!

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I tried to buy one, but the 10% off did not work, and it says this is a subscription. So I backed off for now. Do I have to make a username and password first? I only want the King box at this time.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I tried to buy one, but the 10% off did not work, and it says this is a subscription. So I backed off for now. Do I have to make a username and password first? I only want the King box at this time.
    Hey, the coupon only works for the subscriptions, this is just a one time purchase not a subscription I think you have to make an account, but only so it can add you to the production mailing list and that cool stuff.

Also, just raised another $300 for the fundraiser just today!! Thanks everyone!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It should be noted that Vincent and his wife (DBA-NRB) have donated $800 so far!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It should be noted that Vincent and his wife (DBA-NRB) have donated $800 so far!
    Do you list all significant donations or donors somewhere on the site?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    No. I do mention donors when allowed. "Significant" is a tough word as donors up to $200 receive one entry towards our Grand prize per $10 donated (max 20 entries). The folks who donate directly or through auction items that exceed $200 are very much appreciated, but EVERY donor is significant.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

No. I do mention donors when allowed. "Significant" is a tough word as donors up to $200 receive one entry towards our Grand prize per $10 donated (max 20 entries). The folks who donate directly or through auction items that exceed $200 are very much appreciated, but EVERY donor is significant.
    Well said, RF!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Of course. “Substantial” would’ve been a better word. Only curious because I’ve seen other organizations list donors in tiers on their sites and/or at their physical locations on a wall where everyone would see. I was interested in taking a look if there was something like that here.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a donation wall list for 2010-2014 on the home page.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    There is a donation wall list for 2010-2014 on the home page.
    Thanks, Becca.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The walls are like a time machine. Interesting to see names from the past, as well as from the present.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

All in all, I'm just another name on the wall.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    All in all, I'm just another name on the wall.
    "If you don't (contribute to the fundraiser) eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding..."

Guys, check out the shirt and pin designs that will be coming with the book.

Along the Path of the Beam Dave1442397 is on a distinguished road

I like the shirt, but it should say 'Salem's Lot - it's missing the first apostrophe.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I like the shirt, but it should say 'Salem's Lot - it's missing the first apostrophe.
    ...and the S in 'salem should be lower case. It is short for Jerusalem.

I ordered one last week.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's very common for the "S" in 'Salem's Lot to be capitalized, or for all of the letters in 'SALEM'S LOT to be capitalized. Almost every book cover is one of those two ways.

It is uncommon, and incorrect to omit the apostrophe preceding "S".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast