• The Stand

16 47.06%
  • It

17 50.00%
  • Never read one or both titles

1 2.94%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wave 3C: The Stand vs. It

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Wave 3C: The Stand vs. It

vs.

This is the third and final round of our 2018 Constant Reader Awards. Please vote for the book you deem better. The winner receives 0.1 points added to its score previously acquired in the first two rounds.

If you haven't yet read either book or both of them, please vote Never read one or both titles. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Weedeater frik is just really nice frik is just really nice frik is just really nice frik is just really nice frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

This was the matchup I dreaded picking sides in... It

Demon of the Prim Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb is a glorious beacon of light Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    The Stand

sk
    Same... not an easy decision.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This will be fun. But has to be It.

Pennywise Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

I really want to vote for It, but since I've only read half of The Stand I'm the sole vote for never read. I'm about to attempt to read it again, and I just opened up the book to see how far I made it the first time and I made it all the way to page 583 before I put it down. That was probably about 10 years ago, so now I have to start back at the beginning

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I really want to vote for It, but since I've only read half of The Stand I'm the sole vote for never read. I'm about to attempt to read it again, and I just opened up the book to see how far I made it the first time and I made it all the way to page 583 before I put it down. That was probably about 10 years ago, so now I have to start back at the beginning
    Ha! I was kinda the same way. I didn't enjoy either but I at least was able to finish IT so I picked that one. TS just dragged on and on and on and on and on and on... dropped it once I hit book 3 and never picked it up again. May try it again with the original version rather than the extended.

The Hound CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

'It' by a wide margin. It's my favorite novel of all time. I've probably reread it at least a dozen times throughout my life, only read 'The Stand' once and I haven't really felt the need to do it again.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    This will be fun. But has to be It.
    100%
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

For the record, It beat The Stand the last time: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?18494

It may be going for a second win a a row!

Rabid Billybumbler ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai's Avatar

Very tough call....but, I voted for IT.
    "If you wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down."
    ~Toni Morrison

The Tenant Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So you're the one!!!!

I voted for The Stand.
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

Owner Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Stand!

Rabid Billybumbler ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai has much to be proud of ladysai's Avatar

This must be the toughest matchup of the tournament....a very close poll!
    "If you wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down."
    ~Toni Morrison

Demon of the Prim firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Ha! I was kinda the same way. I didn't enjoy either but I at least was able to finish IT so I picked that one. TS just dragged on and on and on and on and on and on... dropped it once I hit book 3 and never picked it up again. May try it again with the original version rather than the extended.
    I remember liking the first version of the stand more than the uncut version. My impression, if I remember it correctly, was that the parts I recognized as being ‘extra’ when compared with the first version didn’t really advance the story or add much to the overall tale. They were just loose threads hanging off the solid main rope of the story.
    Looking for:
    1) CD Carrie S/L & matching art portfolio #58
    2) Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof
    3) 1st printing Night Shift without dust jacket

Pennywise Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

So I started my second attempt of reading The Stand this past weekend. Almost 100 pages in. I'm reading the uncut version because I found it on sale for my kindle, and figured that'd be much easier than lugging around a giant book. I'll report back in a few months when I finish it

Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for It but I'm glad to see it's close. Both are worthy.
    How do I get out of the rest of this?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So I started my second attempt of reading The Stand this past weekend. Almost 100 pages in. I'm reading the uncut version because I found it on sale for my kindle, and figured that'd be much easier than lugging around a giant book. I'll report back in a few months when I finish it
    Please do. Maybe when I finish the book I am reading I'll pickup the original edition and we can compare notes.

Demon of the Prim Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I remember liking the first version of the stand more than the uncut version. My impression, if I remember it correctly, was that the parts I recognized as being ‘extra’ when compared with the first version didn’t really advance the story or add much to the overall tale. They were just loose threads hanging off the solid main rope of the story.
    +1.

Vagrant Dead WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of WeDealInLead has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the parts with The Kid were great. They didn't necessarily move the story forward, but they humanized the Trashcan Man.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The winner with 50.00% of the vote was It. It receives 0.1 points in addition to its current FAS (Final Average Score), making it 8.447619048 or 94.92%.

Can Toi Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

The Tenant Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wow!! bears' favorite book beats bears' favorite book again!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread