Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Long Walk movie in development

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    It should be a minimalist film with unknown actors. Hell, I would even prefer it in black and white!
    Not bad ideas.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

You can hope for that but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. They are likelly going to pad the story out, give Garraty more of a back-story and hope it does well enough so that they can make a sequel.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    You can hope for that but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. They are likelly going to pad the story out, give Garraty more of a back-story and hope it does well enough so that they can make a sequel.
    Movie studio exec: "Hey, I found this great property, really original and different - let's get it into theaters! Right after we make it just like everything else."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Hope Darabont is able to direct, I know he's been wanting to.
    I was thinking the same, but I guess that he wont be even involved in that project now that he has lost the rights to the story :-(
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m excited about this, but think this will be a tough one to pull off. Then again, I thought the same for Gerald’s Game and it was well executed.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

While it is different they managed to make Stand by Me (The Body) pretty interesting. A good amount of that story involved walking.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    I’m excited about this, but think this will be a tough one to pull off. Then again, I thought the same for Gerald’s Game and it was well executed.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I can't wait to see this. Does anyone know anything about the screenwriter? I need to go look up what he's worked on before. My fear is that it's going to be "Hollywoodized" and that'll ruin the story. I hope they keep it stark and minimal. Also bummed that Darabont probably won't be involved.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://deadline.com/2019/05/stephen...ng-1202620157/
    Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark director André Øvredal is set to direct New Line’s feature adaptation of Stephen King’s The Long Walk.

Originally published by King under the pseudonym Richard Bachman in 1979, The Long Walk takes place in the future in which 100 teenage boys embark on an annual competition known as “The Long Walk.” The rules are simple: maintain a speed above 4 miles per hour. Receive three warnings in an hour and you’re shot dead. The last one walking gets whatever he wants for the rest of his life. Under these grim circumstances the boys develop deep friendships despite knowing that each of their friends’ survival is a threat to their own.

The novel since its publication has become a classic in its dystopian vision, the echoes of which can be found throughout popular culture (e.g. The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner). The book is quintessential King in its coming-of-age themes, zeroing in on the humanity of boys who prevail amid hardship and despair akin to the protagonists in Stand by Me and It.

James Vanderbilt wrote the screenplay and is also producing with Bradley Fischer and William Sherak.

Øvredal is the critically acclaimed, award-winning director of the mystery thriller The Autopsy of Jane Doe. His horror pic,Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, co-written and produced by Guillermo del Toro, opens August 9 from CBS Films.

The Long Walk is one of three King adaptations in the works at New Line. The others include Salem’s Lot and It: Chapter Two, the sequel to 2017’s $700.3 million global blockbuster It which became the highest-grossing horror film of all time. It: Chapter Two opens September 6.

Øvredal is repped by WME, Industry Entertainment, and Adam Kaller & Duncan Hedges. Vanderbilt is repped by WME, UFUSE Management and McKuin Frankel Whitehead.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

The Long Walk

According to liljas-library:

This was reported by Bloody-Disgusting today:

During an interview to promote Dimension Films' upcoming Stephen King adaptation, The Mist, director Frank Darabont revealed that he is in fact going to helm King's The Long Walk once he has completed Fahrenheit 451. The film is about a walk where the winner gets the ultimate prize - anything they want for life, and the losers get punished with death! The rules are simple - If you walk too slow, you get a warning, 4 warnings and you are shot. There is only one winner, and the story concentrates on a loosely held group of individuals that become friends and enemies during this inhumane walk. One by one Ray Garraty sees the people around him die, and he faces the truths of his own entry into the Long Walk, and those of his new "friends". He is aware that only one will survive all the way, but it is not until the end that he realized the finality of his situation, and he slowly looses his sanity piece by piece.
    I think Lilja wished the hell out of this and it happened! His favorite! Happy for us and him! Darabont can be trusted.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

The Long Walk

During an interview to promote Dimension Films' upcoming Stephen King adaptation, The Mist, director Frank Darabont revealed that he is in fact going to helm King's The Long Walk once he has completed Fahrenheit 451. The film is about a walk where the winner gets the ultimate prize - anything they want for life, and the losers get punished with death! The rules are simple - If you walk too slow, you get a warning, 4 warnings and you are shot. There is only one winner, and the story concentrates on a loosely held group of individuals that become friends and enemies during this inhumane walk. One by one Ray Garraty sees the people around him die, and he faces the truths of his own entry into the Long Walk, and those of his new "friends". He is aware that only one will survive all the way, but it is not until the end that he realized the finality of his situation, and he slowly looses his sanity piece by piece.
    I think Lilja wished the hell out of this and it happened! His favorite! Happy for us and him! Darabont can be trusted.
    But it seems Darabont is not involved...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

The Long Walk

But it seems Darabont is not involved...
    Shit! Darabont is Not directing The Long Walk?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw a Zoom interview today with André Øvredal and he mentioned the filming was supposed to start this September but not they don't know when it'll start. So it seems this production is really moving forward!

Warner is involved so that's always a good news for me.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually he said they were supposed to work on it this spring.
    Given that he says that he's hoping they can get back to it asap, I am guessing that this means they were supposed to start working on it "this spring" as in spring 2020?

The video @ 13h40 ==> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrCL...ture=emb_title
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How the fuck did I understood "September"? Lol
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

The movie will apparently start shooting in June in Northern California

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a great news! Where you saw it?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

That was a hint, but I bought a month subscription to Production Weekly, and it was written in it

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I was literally just talking to someone yesterday about how I'm still waiting for someone to make a film version of The Long Walk. They were somehow of the opinion that The Running Man was a good movie. I had to tell them that the book is like 100X better.

I just hope they don't screw up this adaption though.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

It's quite discreet in this interview from last week, hence why it went mostly unnoticed but Francis Lawrence, the director of the "Hunger Games" movies is attached to the project !

It's in here : https://www.insider.com/hunger-games...erview-2023-11

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    It's quite discreet in this interview from last week, hence why it went mostly unnoticed but Francis Lawrence, the director of the "Hunger Games" movies is attached to the project !
    Attachment of a high profile director could certainly be positive, but I hope this doesn't mean they're creating a Long Walk with Hunger Games-style bombast (that was fine for Hunger Games, but TLW shouldn't be that).

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ce-1235683572/
    The Long Walk has new spring in its step as Lionsgate is now behind a big-screen adaptation of the Stephen King book.

Lionsgate has picked up the rights to the 1979 dystopian novel, with Francis Lawrence in final talks to direct. JT Mollner will pen the script. The move puts Lawrence back in business with Lionsgate, for whom he directed The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes, which is currently in theaters and has grossed more than $200 million globally.

Roy Lee is producing Long Walk with Lawrence.

New Line was previously developing the project with director André Øvredal and a script from James Vanderbilt before the rights lapsed in the summer of 2022. Now Lionsgate will begin anew with its own take.

“When you have enjoyed the strong creative collaboration and success that we have had working with Francis, you want to repeat that experience as much as possible,” said Joe Drake, chair of the Lionsgate Motion Picture Group. “We couldn’t be more excited about reuniting with him on The Long Walk. He is a truly unparalleled talent.”

First published under the author’s pseudonym Richard Bachman, The Long Walk centers on an annual contest in which 100 teen boys embark on the punishing titular journey that involves strict stipulations (they must walk at least four miles an hour) and ends with only one survivor. Over the years, such filmmakers as George A. Romero and Frank Darabont had eyed the project.

The book’s influence can be felt in later works, including Suzanne Collins’ Hunger Games novel series. This makes Lawrence an appropriate fit, given that he helmed the franchise’s 2013 sequel The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and the subsequent Mockingjay two-parter. Lawrence returned to Panem with the recent prequel, The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes, which stars Tom Blyth, Rachel Zegler and Peter Dinklage and has topped the domestic box office in its first two weekends.

Lawrence — whose other previous titles include Red Sparrow (2018) and Slumberland (2022) — confirmed his involvement in The Long Walk during a recent interview with Business Insider. Additionally, he has been developing sequels to his movies Constantine (2005) and I Am Legend (2007) and is attached to Netflix’s live-action adaptation of video game franchise BioShock.

Mollner wrote and directed the 2016 indie Western film Outlaws and Angels that starred Chad Michael Murray and Luke Wilson.

Meredith Wieck and Erin Jones-Wesley will oversee The Long Walk for Lionsgate. Lawrence is repped by CAA, 3 Arts, and Hansen Jacobson while Mollner is repped by UTA, World Builder Entertainment and Jackoway Austen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3