Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: King Hardcover Trade Lot - Giveaway

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default King Hardcover Trade Lot - Giveaway

I’m creating a placeholder here as a heads up. I’m going to be doing another giveaway, but this time with a little game/puzzle. I should be posting this sometime tomorrow. The game can be played for both interested and non-interested parties. What I mean by this is, I’m going to post a picture tomorrow with instructions. The first person to answer correctly wins the lot.

You can still play if you are not interested in winning the prize, just make sure to state ‘not-interested’ next to your answer/s. If that is the case the first person that is interested to answer correctly will actually get shipped the lot. If a non-interested player answers first, they get bragging rights.

Just so you are aware, the lot includes hardcover trade editions, some 1sts (I’m not going to list which ones, but don’t get too excited, all of my rare 1sts are on my shelves). Of course some may be second printings, or BCE, but most are in good shape and most DJs are in brodart.

I won’t reveal the answer until the following day giving time for anyone that wants to play to do so. I’m going to try to make this a bit tough, probably closer to medium toughness so that it’s not overly frustrating.

Hope it’s fun. Good luck to all that play.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, a quick heads up, I'm going to post this shortly. In looking through the books again, all but one are 1st editions. Now, please keep in mind these are and have been readers copies. So some are in better condition than others. Some have previous owner tags/inscriptions, some have markings etc. There are a couple that are in very good condition, but I need to make it clear that this is not a pristine lot by any means. However, with it being a free giveaway, I'm hoping folks won't mind.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Okie doke, getting ready to post pics now. I am not sure how easy or difficult this will be. A part of me thinks too easy, but could be just because I know. Remember, if you are playing just to play, but not for the lot to put 'Not Interested'. Next to your answers.

Good luck and hope this is somewhat fun.

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Below is a list of 8 King Trade Hardcover books. They are stacked and I have only provided just the bottom of the DJ spine. The black line is just for distraction. The goal is to correctly name all 8 in the order as pictured from top to bottom. Some are pretty easy to spot right off the bat, others hopefully not so much. Might be too easy, we'll know soon enough.

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Bonus - this is a section of the cover of another King book, curious if you can guess this one too.

WTB:

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for setting up this game/contest. I'm home sick from work so it was fun to take my mind off things for a while.

Here are my answers:

1 - On Writing
    2 - Skeleton Crew
    3 -Everything’s Eventual
    4 - The Stand (Uncut)
    5 - Dreamcatcher
    6 - Needful Things
    7 - From a Buick 8
    8 - Cell

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Below is a list of 8 King Trade Hardcover books. They are stacked and I have only provided just the bottom of the DJ spine. The black line is just for distraction. The goal is to correctly name all 8 in the order as pictured from top to bottom. Some are pretty easy to spot right off the bat, others hopefully not so much. Might be too easy, we'll know soon enough.

Cool contest. I enjoyed it. Not sure if I'm correct or not, but was fun. Thanks.

1. On Writing
    2. Skeleton Crew
    3. Everything's Eventual
    4. The Stand - Uncut
    5. Dreamcatcher
    6. Needful Things
    7. From a Buick 8
    8. Cell
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Bonus - this is a section of the cover of another King book, curious if you can guess this one too.

Is it The Dark Man?
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Glad this was/is fun. Sorry to say that the submissions thus far on the thread are not correct. I will check back in later.

WTB:

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I do not have room for books as is, so I am fine with allowing someone else a potential win. My guess:

1 - On Writing
    2 - Tommyknockers
    3 - Everything’s Eventual
    4 - The Stand (Uncut)
    5 - Dreamcatcher
    6 - Needful Things
    7 - From a Buick 8
    8 - Cell
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here goes! COOL idea!!!

1. On Writing
    2. Skeleton Crew
    3. Everything's Eventual
    4. The Uncut Version - Stand
    5. Dreamcatcher
    6. Needful Things
    7. From a Buick 8
    8. Cell

I also think the bonus piece is LSOE! Thanks
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Glad this was/is fun. Sorry to say that the submissions thus far on the thread are not correct. I will check back in later.
    Can I guess again It was a toss up on number 2 for me. Guess I was wrong, I think.

1. On Writing
    2. Tommyknockers
    3. Everything's Eventual
    4. The Stand - Uncut
    5. Dreamcatcher
    6. Needful Things
    7. From a Buick 8
    8. Cell
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to those that played. Below is the actual image.

First Place: StroppyGoblin (Not-interested)
    Second Place: PennyUnwise (Not-interested)
    Third Place: C1TIZEN_X

Within, I think, about 5-10 minutes of posting the first photo I received a PM from StroppyGoblin with the correct answer. So even though he didn't post here, he gets the glory, but was playing to play. Also PennyUnwise guessed correctly, but does not need the books. So that means C1TIZEN_X you are the first interested member to post the correct order. Congrats.

Zidan - thanks for playing, you were so close. Also, I hope you are feeling better and were able to rest up yesterday.

No one has guessed the bonus cover correctly yet. This one is tricky. Very tricky. I was going to mention a couple of things, but any details would give this away in a heartbeat. So all I can say is that the picture is from the bottom right section of the front of the Dustjacket. The person that correctly guesses this, gets the bonus book.

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

A better photo of the bonus pic:

WTB:

Thanks to those that played. Below is the actual image.

First Place: StroppyGoblin (Not-interested)
    Second Place: PennyUnwise (Not-interested)
    Third Place: C1TIZEN_X

Within, I think, about 5-10 minutes of posting the first photo I received a PM from StroppyGoblin with the correct answer. So even though he didn't post here, he gets the glory, but was playing to play. Also PennyUnwise guessed correctly, but does not need the books. So that means C1TIZEN_X you are the first interested member to post the correct order. Congrats.

Zidan - thanks for playing, you were so close. Also, I hope you are feeling better and were able to rest up yesterday.

No one has guessed the bonus cover correctly yet. This one is tricky. Very tricky. I was going to mention a couple of things, but any details would give this away in a heartbeat. So all I can say is that the picture is from the bottom right section of the front of the Dustjacket. The person that correctly guesses this, gets the bonus book.
    Thank you for putting this contest on. Very cool as I do not have quite a few 1st editions in my collection yet. I sent you a PM.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Very welcome. Congrats again.

We'll see if someone gets the Bonus cover.

WTB:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Okay already. What's the bonus cover a picture of? The closest I could come was ROSE MADDER, but it didn't quite match.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

I can’t give it up just yet. I thought about a few clues, or even just one, but it would give it away. I can tell you that it’s tricky and not as common. It’s also not part of the books that everyone is likely thinking or looking through. This one is a bit more out of the box and not everyone has it. In fact, I think only those that do, will be able to guess it.

Hope that helps

WTB:

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The bonus picture is from the variant cover of Gwendy’s Button Box from CD\NRB.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yup, I just looked at it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

I knew I said too much! Congrats Stroppy!

WTB: