Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "There's a bathroom on the right"

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default "There's a bathroom on the right"

Give me your misheard lyrics. (spare me the Purple Haze one ok LOL)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

At 105 I hear:

"Someone chasing a cannibal"

I began to suspect I was hearing it wrong and later thought I was hearing:

" Someone chasing a caribou"

In reality it is:

"Someone chasing; I cannot move."

it was nearly two decades from the song's release before I wrote to the fan site for clarification. (This video has it wrong too. But MUCH closer than I)

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I have misheard countless lyrics,
    But the worst, and most persistant, is my mishearing of Manfred Mann's "Blinded By the Light"...
    I hear "wrapped up like a douche"
    But its really
    "Revved up like a deuce".
    ~shrug~ Might be a girl thing.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

"Bake me a pie of love" (Bring me a higher love)
    Higher Love, Steve Winwood

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I hear Wrapped up like a douche as well - so it's not a lady-thing!
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    But the worst, and most persistant, is my mishearing of Manfred Mann's "Blinded By the Light"...
    But its really

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon - is the title of the thread influenced by Wasted Years?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I would assume it's based on this:

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't get Eddie Vedder than this...

Eddie Vedder would use different lyrics every time he sang the song live.

These are the "official" lyrics. I put official in scare quotes because there are no official lyrics.

Spoiler:

Unsealed, on a porch a letter sat
    Then you said, "I wanna leave it again"
    Once I saw her on a beach of weathered sand
    And on the sand I wanna leave her again

On a weekend I wanna wish it all away, yeah
    And they called and I said that I'll go
    And I said that I'll call out again
    And the reason I ought ta leave her calm, I know
    I said, "I don't know whether I'm the boxer or the bag"

Oh yeah, can you see them, out on the porch?
    Yeah, but they don't wave
    I see them 'round the front way, yeah
    And I know, and I know I don't wanna stay

Make me cry

I see oh, I don't know why there's something else
    I want to, wanna drum it all away
    I said, "I don't, I don't know whether I was the boxer or the bag"

Oh yeah, can you see them, out the on porch?
    Yeah, but they don't wave
    I see them 'round the front way
    And I know, and I know I don't want to stay at all
    I don't want to stay
    I don't want to stay
    I don't want to stay
    I don't, I don't want to stay
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I hear Wrapped up like a douche as well - so it's not a lady-thing!
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    But its really

Me 3
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I was a kid I used to think "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers was actually "Secret Asian Man." Don't know why the Asian man was a secret, but I thought he was.

And that's a 4th on the "wrapped up like a douche." I'd swear that he's actually saying that!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew the Springsteen song lyrics, so I never though it said douche. It does sound like it though. You can tell that Springsteen says deuce.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

No sir...Credence Clearwater Revival's Bad Moon Rising

"Bad Moon Rising"

I see the bad moon a-rising
    I see trouble on the way
    I see earthquakes and lightning
    I see bad times today

Don't go around tonight
    Well, it's bound to take your life
    There's a bad moon on the rise

I hear hurricanes a-blowing
    I know the end is coming soon
    I fear rivers overflowing
    I hear the voice of rage and ruin

Don't go around tonight
    Well, it's bound to take your life
    There's a bad moon on the rise

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    When I was a kid I used to think "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers was actually "Secret Asian Man." Don't know why the Asian man was a secret, but I thought he was. !

Good to know I wasn't the only one!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I knew the Springsteen song lyrics, so I never though it said douche. It does sound like it though. You can tell that Springsteen says deuce.

I believe Bruce (yes...we are on a first name basis...but for some reason he calls me "Dick" and sometimes Bruce calls me "Who the fuck is that guy at the window??!! Wendy! Call the cops!!" Bruce didn't have a lot of luck with the tune on his 1973 album, Greetings From Ashbury Park, N.J. but yes, Bruce wrote the song and claims the lyrics are:

"cut lose like a Deuce"

This refers the popular 1932 Ford. This was the first production offering of an V-8 cylinder engine in America and lead to America's decades long fascination with the 8-cylinder engine until the oil embargo's of the 1970's. After the embargo, the "V" piston configuration continued and still does to this day in many V- 6-cylinder versions and some 4 cylinder versions.

If I must explain, the "2" at the end of the year of production is, in Spanish, is translated as "Deuce." The car was made popular later by The Beach Boys' album Little Deuce Coup and the hit song from that album of the same name.

In 1976 the song reached it's full fame as a cover by Manfrerd Mann's Earth Band. The band made some changes including the lyrics.."cut lose like a Deuce" being changed to "revved up like a deuce" referring to racing up that V-8 engine. The Manfrerd Mann's Earth Band version was #1 and Springsteen's highest ranking tune, as a songwriter on the Billboard 100 until the USA For Africa collaboration.

1932 Ford Coupe (Little Deuce Coupe)

Internal diagram of an engine's pistons as viewed from the front (or the back). To distinguish the new (1932) "V" piston configuration from the old, classic "inline" configuration.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    It does sound like it though. You can tell that Springsteen says deuce.

It's likely you are thinking of the Manfred Mann's Earth Band cover with the keyboard heavy. It is more clear in Brice's version. Bruce relies on horns more:

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    When I was a kid I used to think "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers was actually "Secret Asian Man." Don't know why the Asian man was a secret, but I thought he was. !

Good to know I wasn't the only one!!
    Really?! So I'm not that weird??

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

There is actually a song called Secret Asian Man...

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know two different people (that have never met) that thought the main lyric in AC/DC's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap was Dirty Deeds, Dunder Chief.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

No sir...Credence Clearwater Revival's Bad Moon Rising
    Ah! I thought you were talking about

I close my eyes, and think of home
    Another city goes by, in the night

Now I want to listen to that song

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, this one is embarissing, but when I was 12ish, I thought in "Another one bites the Dust" they were saying "another buster duster". This was back in the day when the dust buster was a new thing. Why anyone would sing about a hand held vacuum was beyond me.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to think the lyrics were

I really don't like it
    rock the cashbox
    rock the cashbox

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My cousin has these awesome wrong music lyric coasters:

Greatest Hits Mistaken Lyrics Coaster Set

One that I always got mistaken growing up was: "I wanna know, have you ever seen Loraine."
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    "Cool Whip in my hair"!!!

Country
    Country Flag

LOLed at "Hit me with your pet shark!"

Country
    Country Flag

I used to think the lyrics were

I really don't like it
    rock the cashbox
    rock the cashbox
    Could be worse. I have a friend that thought it was "Rock the catbox."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast