+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: DRAGON REBOUND EDITIONS: Custom-Bound Edition of The Dark Half

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack's Avatar

As a non-owner (worse luck!) of a Dragon rebound edition, I vote to keep the number at 26. Although that means I may never own one, some things should remain special through their unattainability. Just my 2c.

(And this is the coolest case of life imitating art - or art imitating fake art? - that I've ever seen. Standing ovation, Mr. Suntup, for not just being a good sport, but for turning lemons into lemonade)

HBJ

Rabid Billybumbler peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Iíll start by saying - Iím a non-owner of the rebounds.

Now - I LOVE how this April fools prank has sparked the next Rebound endeavour. It was a hell of a good-looking edition of one of Kingís top tier books, and to see it realised is cool. When life gives you April Fools lemons, what does Suntup do? Makes goddamn lemonade..

As a non-owner, I think RF has the compromise model which would work. A Lettered 26 to match the existing ownerís sets, and a limited numbered edition...

EDIT - I think the limited number edition should be significantly different than the lettered... a "lesser" version, if you like, as how the publishers usually do it. (Of course, this may be utterly not workable, but just throwing an idea).

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, upon reflection, 26 lettered editions, and (I'll take Paul at his word), 26 editions with no limitation noted. The 26 "Stark" editions would almost have to be sold by lottery (Excluding entries from Argentina). Of course every lettered owner would also demand that they receive a non-designated edition, thus back to square one.
    BTW, these are just my own thoughts and suggestions.

<-------------Starting to feel sorry for Paul having to make tough decisions.

Honky Mahfah zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew this would be like throwing the cat amongst the sparrows.

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Back to square one. Just make two. One for stroppy, and one for me. Stroppy and I can Rochambeau over who gets the Stark, and who gets the Beaumont.
    That way everyone will be equally displeased.

Can Toi ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I would vote for only 26 copies, because I totally missed out on the IT rebound due to negligence on my part, and because I really can't afford any more of these special editions at this time. I'm on a limited income and my credit card is, well, up there. So if I had zero chance of getting a copy I could at least justify not spending the money. If this makes any sense, please let me know.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack is a name known to all Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Back to square one. Just make two. One for stroppy, and one for me. Stroppy and I can Rochambeau over who gets the Stark, and who gets the Beaumont.
    That way everyone will be equally displeased.
    You know, this actually isn't a bad idea. Not to mention a great use of Rochambeau.

HBJ

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For what itís worth, I loved The Dark Half and am stoked for this project regardless of what Paul decides.

Full disclose thatís coming an IT owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    DT I PC or Blank
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would suggest just sticking with the 26 copies as well. A lottery for only 26 additional copies would just get ugly. Everyone had a fair chance of getting in on Dragon Rebound, so thatís how it should stay.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

so before I add my 2c, I just need to get this out of the way...

Ok, I feel better now.

A part of me doesn't care how many get made, I'm just stoked it's happening. However as a Dragon Rebound lettered owner, if an additional 26 were created for The Dark Half my only concern would be "What happens for the next Rebound book?"
    If 52 are made for this one, then the pressure would be on to make 52 of the next book and all other books going forward. Then there will be 52 collectors who are wanting to match their number and still there will be many many more who still cannot buy the book. Demand will always outstrip supply on these books. Regardless, whatever Paul's decision is, will be fine by me.

Oh what the hell one more...
    Spoiler:

(is it obvious I'm quite happy about this? )
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Original ideal can still be achieved with two signed bookís, Paul would have to purchased two flat signed 1st/1st to rebound. I have all the lettered edition and wouldnít like to see this expand.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Stroppy and I can Rochambeau over who gets the Stark, and who gets the Beaumont.
    Only if we include Spock and a Lizard.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default DRAGON REBOUND EDITIONS: Custom-Bound Edition of The Dark Half

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I for one signed up to this idea of rebounds cause it was cool. I must have texted Paul a 1000 times pushing him to go further with it. I believe it what he is doing but if 52 were done I would feel it cheapens the brand. However itís Paulís choice... but I believe Paul will put a BRILLANT spin on whatever he does. I am hoping itís only 26 spins though...

Good point. I suppose Paul should keep the "brand" strong and only ever do 26 lettered copies of Dragon Rebound, or a Suntup publishing book.

Perhaps Paul should cancel the 185 (+15) signed numbered, and the several hundred (unsigned) deluxe Misery books that aren't lettered. That way the brand is strong. Are you in favor of that?

Kris, you're great at telling others what to think and do.

Have you ever considered the idea that in order for Paul to do these great things he needs to make a living (profit), and that only doing 26 of any given project is not sustainable?

Oy's Bitch ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I consider myself extremely lucky to be a Dragon Rebound member and whatever Paul decides is fine by me.

......just not sure about any actual brain matter being included...

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I for one signed up to this idea of rebounds cause it was cool. I must have texted Paul a 1000 times pushing him to go further with it. I believe it what he is doing but if 52 were done I would feel it cheapens the brand. However itís Paulís choice... but I believe Paul will put a BRILLANT spin on whatever he does. I am hoping itís only 26 spins though...

Good point. I suppose Paul should keep the "brand" strong and only ever do 26 lettered copies of Dragon Rebound, or a Suntup publishing book.

Perhaps Paul should cancel the 185 (+15) Misery books that aren't lettered. That way the brand is strong. Are you in favor of that?

Kris, you're great at telling others what to think and do.

Have you ever considered the idea that in order for Paul to do these great things he needs to make a living (profit), and that only doing 26 of any given project is not sustainable?

Country
    Country Flag

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oy's Bitch ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy has much to be proud of ICry4Oy's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes no brains. That was off the cards from the get-go for me.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris, answer the question. Are you in favor of Paul only ever doing 26 lettered rebound or published copies so as to keep the "brand" strong?

Can Toi ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Yes no brains. That was off the cards from the get-go for me.
    Why in the heck do I find myself relating so strongly to this statement? I just can't figure it out!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul, would it be possible to split the page block and make it a two volume set for each one? So the stark and Beaumont make up each individual letter? That would be cool

I vote for only 26, but if more are made, I think they should just be designated ĎRCí copies and not have their own numbering scheme. Just my opinion, though, and we all know what opinions are like...
    Looking for:
    1) CD Carrie S/L & matching art portfolio #58
    2) US Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof
    3) first edition Night Shift without dust jacket

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Paul, would it be possible to split the page block and make it a two volume set for each one? So the stark and Beaumont make up each individual letter? That would be cool
    Much as I like that idea, it would double the production cost of each book. As these are rebounds, I think there is a ceiling on what is viable for people to pay.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris, you can self edit (delete the contents) of your posts, but once they are quoted by someone else, it's pointless. Leaving a bunch of posts with a "." is no way to contribute to a healthy vigorous discussion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast