Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Rebound

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not sure what the "lettered" limitation will be (26 or 52), but the preliminary design for the 100 Deluxe copies will have a cool limitation page.

I am guessing that the spelling is on purporse?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Would I be accurate in saying it just wouldn’t “feel right” if it’s not a 1/1? Nothing scientific, or even logical about it... just that a rebound second printing would feel like a run of the mill special edition pumped out by a publisher no one’s ever heard of. Does that even make sense? I’m just guessing, trying to understand why a 1/1 is so important for a rebound.
    I concur if it's not a 1st then it's like Will Darnell tells Pepper Boyd in the movie CHRISTINE. "IT'S LIKE POLISHING A TURD"

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well played, meromej.

I don’t own the past books produced by Rebound. I think Paul should do whatever he pleases, which may mean an increase to 52 copies at most. It’s his passion and it’s his business.

Chad made a key point upthread. The integrity of the first 26 collectors’ collections are safe. As with the Dark Tower sets, only those who own a copy from the lowest run will ever have a complete set.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

As you know, I like to get the original artist involved on these custom bound books. With The Dark Half, it was a little more challenging. The cover of The Dark Half features a photograph by Geoff Gove, and no artwork. I found Geoff, and he's trying to find the photo. Not sure if he still has it. If he does I'll include that, but it may not turn up.

The part that I'm kinda excited about is that the interiors of the book have some bird illustrations, which were engravings done by an artist named Lars Hokanson. Sadly, Lars passed away in 2012, but I have been in touch with his son, and I'm pleased to say that the birds that appear on the cover from Simon's design, will be reproduced from the original engravings by Lars. They are the perfect medium for stamping. It's a great way to remember the artist and to feature the work he did again after all these years.

Here is a scan of the seven bird engravings:

Spoiler:

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Well thats just gonna be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Great ideas, Paul. Those birds look perfect. Just out of curiosity, and it’s probably a dumb question, but why do you need the original photograph? With all the photo editing software available today, would it not be possible to work with a scan of the cover?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great ideas, Paul. Those birds look perfect. Just out of curiosity, and it’s probably a dumb question, but why do you need the original photograph? With all the photo editing software available today, would it not be possible to work with a scan of the cover?
    No you need the photo. The cover has someone’s name on it. And they wrote a title or something. Geez.... ruined it.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good stuff Paul! I’m super excited for this one

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Adam, There's some issues with that. A scan of a print will not produce the same quality as the scan of an original. The main issue though is that the text takes up a large area of that cover, and it obscures a lot of the photo below it. Only way is to get a copy of the original photograph before any text was added.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Good stuff Paul! I’m super excited for this one
    Me too! I have something cool planned for the box covering.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Hey Adam, There's some issues with that. A scan of a print will not produce the same quality as the scan of an original. The main issue though is that the text takes up a large area of that cover, and it obscures a lot of the photo below it. Only way is to get a copy of the original photograph before any text was added.
    Bummer. Was thinking photoshop’s cloning tool might have a chance at being a hero but I just looked at the cover and realized how huge King’s name is printed on it. Good luck with the photo. Hope he finds it!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

You also have to consider those pesky moiré patterns created from scanning a printed image
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    You also have to consider those pesky moiré patterns created from scanning a printed image
    Oh right, good point. Oh well, was just a thought. Design is obviously not my strong suit, haha. Looking forward to seeing the final product, with or without the original cover design.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is happening. Just waiting for IT to ship before opening pre-orders. Official designs have been completed for the book and box, and they are looking very sharp.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I. CANNOT. WAIT.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

OMG!!

(Not that I'm on the DRE train, but excited nonetheless!)

HBJ

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    OMG!!

HBJ
    That makes two of us. Our very own Loser’s Club!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

This is happening. Just waiting for IT to ship before opening pre-orders. Official designs have been completed for the book and box, and they are looking very sharp.
    Paul, have you finalized the number of books your team is going to produce?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Yes.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes.
    I suppose I should have known how not to phrase that question
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    OMG!!

HBJ
    Can I join the losers club? I missed the DRE train as well. AND if I can cross reference, the first Suntup Misery book. So I am a 2 times loser.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes.
    I suppose I should have known how not to phrase that question
    lol Try.. "So Paul 26 or 52?"
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    OMG!!

HBJ
    Can I join the losers club? I missed the DRE train as well. AND if I can cross reference, the first Suntup Misery book. So I am a 2 times loser.
    Don’t worry Mike, I saved you a seat!

Just to be clear, Paul, I’m completely joking around here and excited about this DRE release, even if I can only watch it from the sidelines.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Adam. It feels good to sit.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

This is entirely off topic, but every time I see this thread pop up it makes me thing it's a play on the Wheel of Time series not Eyes of the Dragon. Just thought I'd share...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast