Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Rebound

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Okay emails have been sent to the next 26 on the list.
    Are you giving those 26 a certain amount of time to respond before continuing down the list?
    what do you suggest? 3 milliseconds?
    That’s more than I’d need!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If the next DR is wrapped in Yeti Fur, is inlaid with Unicorn horn and Dodo Beak fragments and printed on paper that can only be made by 150 year old Tibetan Monks that have never seen the light of day thus demanding a price of 1.5 Million US Dollars PER book, then I'm going to say it probably wont immediately sell out.
    Stop giving me ideas.
    Should I create a mockup?
    The first time an April fools joke has ever cost me a cool $1000
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    If the next DR is wrapped in Yeti Fur, is inlaid with Unicorn horn and Dodo Beak fragments and printed on paper that can only be made by 150 year old Tibetan Monks that have never seen the light of day thus demanding a price of 1.5 Million US Dollars PER book, then I'm going to say it probably wont immediately sell out.
    Stop giving me ideas.
    Should I create a mockup?
    No more brain slices, taxidermied birds, extinct species, mythological creatures... you want the next one to be out of everybody's price range
    THIS!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul, are people being allowed to submit signed books to be Rebound?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    That would be really cool!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    It would be, but it would be too difficult to manage. One or two people asked me in the early days, and I said sure. Now they're sort of grandfathered in. One or two is fine, but if I opened up the floodgates, it would cause all kinds of problems. Aside from the risk of loss or damage, a bigger issue is the logistical nightmare it would create in the production process with having to single out book blocks so we know which book belongs to who. Can it be done, sure. But it isn't something I really want to manage. I hope you can understand.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    It would be, but it would be too difficult to manage. One or two people asked me in the early days, and I said sure. Now they're sort of grandfathered in. One or two is fine, but if I opened up the floodgates, it would cause all kinds of problems. Aside from the risk of loss or damage, a bigger issue is the logistical nightmare it would create in the production process with having to single out book blocks so we know which book belongs to who. Can it be done, sure. But it isn't something I really want to manage. I hope you can understand.
    I can and do understand that, definitely. The idea of submitting a signed 1st to be rebound had also occurred to me, but I never asked because I assumed it would be a huge pain in the ass and that it would be a can of worms you wouldn't want to open. Multiple lessons learned, I suppose. I have to be honest, though, it stings to know that it's happening. I feel like an enhancement such as that should either be offered to everyone, with a premium price to pay for the inconvenience, or those signed books that are being rebound due to grandfathering should be marked out-of-series as Rebinder Copies, so that the in-series books are on relatively equal footing. In other words, it sucks to find out in one fell swoop that there are actually two tiers of a Dragon Rebound collection, and mine is in the lower tier.

Just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like. Also, I'm sure my opinion would be different if I was one of the ones who spoke up in the beginning instead of being one of the ones who never asked. Live and learn.
    Looking for:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default DRAGON REBOUND EDITIONS: Custom-Bound Edition of The Dark Half

So you learned a good lesson! I’m learning something new every day. But really, there are not two tiers of DRE books. It would be no different if someone got their copy signed after the fact, like with EOTD. I suspect you’re thinking it’s a bigger thing than it really is. ‘Grandfathered’ was a poor choice of words on my part. It has been known to happen every so often, especially when trying to talk to the ladies. I usually end up with my foot in my mouth.

But anyway, it’s actually not like the same one or two people keep getting a signed copy of every edition. Far from it. With IT, there was only a single signed copy aside form Becca’s prize. And that was for someone who had a part to play in the origin of the project. Heck I don’t even have a signed IT myself. What’s wrong with that picture.

Anyway, I see this as a non-issue. But that’s just my opinion and like you say, we know what opinions are like.

Now I’m going to make some books. Wait, sleep first then books. I keep forgetting that.

Peace. ;-)

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

So you learned a good lesson! I’m learning something new every day. But really, there are not two tiers of DRE books. It would be no different if someone got their copy signed after the fact, like with EOTD. I suspect you’re thinking it’s a bigger thing than it really is. ‘Grandfathered’ was a poor choice of words on my part. It has been known to happen every so often, especially when trying to talk to the ladies. I usually end up with my foot in my mouth.

But anyway, it’s actually not like the same one or two people keep getting a signed copy of every edition. Far from it. With IT, there was only a single signed copy aside form Becca’s prize. And that was for someone who had a part to play in the origin of the project. Heck I don’t even have a signed IT myself. What’s wrong with that picture.

Anyway, I see this as a non-issue. But that’s just my opinion and like you say, we know what opinions are like.

Now I’m going to make some books. Wait, sleep first then books. I keep forgetting that.

Peace. ;-)
    Thank you for clarifying that a bit, Paul, and for being so candid. Post #268 made it sound like there were entire sets produced using signed copies, like one person had requested it for EotD, and then got it for Firestarter, IT, and The Dark Half as well because they were grandfathered in. I agree that that distinction dispels the '2 tier idea.' Although, I do think that there's a fundamental difference between a signed book being rebound and a rebound book being signed after the fact, even if the 2 are indistinguishable from a 3rd party perspective. There's a 'stroke of luck' involved in getting a book signed, whereas buying a signed book to be rebound is a sure thing. Again, just my opinion, which is resembling an asshole more and more these days.

And now that I've talked my way out of ever having a signed book rebound, I shall retire for the evening.
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Post #268 made it sound like there were entire sets produced using signed copies, like one person had requested it for EotD, and then got it for Firestarter, IT, and The Dark Half as well because they were grandfathered in.
    Yep, definitely not the case at all.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What models of civility you guys are!

As an observer, I appreciate the frank and honest discussion.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    What models of civility you guys are!

As an observer, I appreciate the frank and honest discussion.
    Me civil? Say it ain't so.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it would be prudent to pass along some facts about signed copies of rebound books that exist, in order to squash any speculation that might be out there. Now, I’m only talking about copies that were sent to me signed and then rebound. Not those that were signed after the fact.

Of the three books, EOTD, Firestarter and IT only 1 person ever sent me a signed book. And that was someone we know who was involved in the early stages of the project, and who opened the dialogue with Giusti. So he deserved it, and I’ll stand by that. There is no ‘private club’ of people who keep getting signed copies. It doesn’t exist. Like I said, I don’t even have a signed IT for myself, or a Firestarter for that matter. The EOTD that I have signed was done after the fact, and that in itself was a bit of a fluke. Those who know the story will understand.

So really, I think the book that has the potential to ruffle some feathers, is DH. The book is released, someone shows a picture of a signed copy, and the tomatoes start to fly. So in order to level the playing field, here is what I am offering.

Anyone who bought the rebound DH may send me a signed copy to rebind. I believe this is the fairest way forward on this edition.

I will only accept this for DH, and no future books that I may do.

There are some rules:
    1. I cannot be responsible for a lost or damaged signed 1st.
    2. If you choose to send me a signed copy, I must receive it no later than Monday, August 20th, 2018.
    3. If you intend on sending me a book, submit the contact form here for the address: http://dragonrebound.com/contact/, and to let me know that you are sending it.
    4. There can be no refund on your purchase of the rebound DH as a result of you sending me a signed book block, neither is there a premium for the extra handling required to keep track of them through production.
    5. Eat more carrots, or is it bananas.

Happy Friday!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Paul... once again... you have proven that you are a 11/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Well thats just 19 kinds of awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That's an interesting development. Thanks, Paul
    Looking for:

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those who don't have signed copies, I'm offering to sign copies of DH for a limited time, then send them to Paul. I'll even sign them using my non-dominant hand to make them extra special.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That is an amazing development. I have emailed Paul so much about many things I am surprised he hasn't blocked me. But the fact that he replies when he does and is doing something like this just
    shows why this is such a quality company. And I don't even have any DR books and my first Suntup book will be the Hill House book so I don't even have anything in possession yet and he contiues
    to talk to me. In my book, that means a lot. And this is just one more example. Some how, I see the prices of signed DH books going way up.
    Way to ho Paul.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    For those who don't have signed copies, I'm offering to sign copies of DH for a limited time, then send them to Paul. I'll even sign them using my non-dominant hand to make them extra special.
    Ricky, does this apply to all rebounds... I have some childish pen markings in my copy of IT, maybe you can do something with it??

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, does this apply to all rebounds... I have some childish pen markings in my copy of IT, maybe you can do something with it??

LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's cool of Paul!

<<<<--------------------wishes he had a signed 1st/1st DH...…….

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, all future rebounds. I'll even sign rebound copies which I will then unbind and re-bind again. I'll be announcing the "Re-re-bound series" later this week. It's really going to give Paul a run for his money.

And sorry, I can't help you with that copy of IT. You got swindled. The signature is obviously a fake.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Paul, that's an amazingly generous gesture. I second Kris's 11/10. Outstanding.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    Come on... that deserves at least a 12/10. :-p

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    Come on... that deserves at least a 12/10. :-p
    I'm not sure you guys will get this obscure reference, but I'm gonna give it a shot: Paul, I think you deserve a 19/10
    Looking for:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast