Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Scribner to publish Sword in the Darkness

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Scribner to publish Sword in the Darkness

Scribner announced today they have acquired the rights to, and will publish Stephen King’s ‘Sword in the Darkness’. One of King’s earliest works, Sword in the Darkness was finished on April 30th, 1970 and has sat unpublished and only accessible by written permission from King himself, in the special collections archive in the University of Maine at Orono.

Harry M. Pitts from Scribner states: “At over 150,000 words and 485 pages, this work by King has been long sought after, and we are proud to publish it. Additionally plans are in place to produce a signed limited edition that we feel will eclipse any previous book production ever done for a King novel. The lettered edition will be bound in faux human skin with special ‘piercings’. We look forward with great anticipation to releasing the book one year from today-April 1, 2019”.

Book synopsis: Arnie's life is torn apart when his pregnant sister commits suicide, and his mother dies of a brain tumour. He eventually seeks a relationship with the saucy Kit Longtin after being rejected by Janet Cross. Marcus Slade, a black activist lawyer arrives in town, and after an incident at Harding High School where he is speaking, the riot erupts, and the town burns!

Fuelled by gangs like the Dock Street Socializers, the Markham Avenue Chieftains, and the Turner Street Trades, the riot shows the evil side of human nature.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Ahhh, Sword in the Darkness! That hint you gave us was perfect.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

“Faux human skin with special piercings”.... hahaaaaa...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    April Fools bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    April Fools bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha, yeah I figured that after seeing the human skin bit. I was just kicking myself because RF gave a hint in another thread the other day (“in hoc signo vinces”) and I didn’t even think to check for titles with “sword” in it. Only reference I could find was in Salem’s Lot so I guessed (incorrectly) it had something to do with that.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

A revised version of SITD similar to what SK did with Blaze would be welcomed.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Now I'm upset because I WASN'T upset about the THE DARK HALF announcement.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice one, RF.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MY HEART STOPPED!
    --- for a moment
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Misery-Today in 1981 Paul Sheldon sent spoof booklets titled 'Misery's Hobby' to friends:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-4-1&e=632&c=1

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag