Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Tommyknockers feature film is coming

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Tommyknockers is one of my least favorite King books, so I'm not really jumping up and down for a new film. I'll probably see it, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I would welcome a remake. Likely one of my top 5 King books. But then I was at the height of my addiction to drugs and alcohol. Maybe I'll do a reread and read the pages in chronological order this time.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do think if done right, this could be a pretty fun movie. Could make it pretty creepy too.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...knockers-movie
    Variety reports that former The Exorcist showrunner Jeremy Slater is set to write the screenplay for Universal Pictures’s film adaptation of Stephen King’s The Tommyknockers. James Wan and Michael Clear (The Nun, Annabelle: Creation) will be teaming up with Roy Lee (IT) to produce the film.

“I’m pretty sure this is the first book I ever bought with my own money. It was 1988 and I was 10 years old. I’d borrowed other King novels from various friends and libraries, but this was the first one that was MINE,” Slater wrote on Twitter. “In meetings I always joke that I was raised by the two Stephens—King and Spielberg—but that’s not far from the truth. While other kids were playing sports or doing whatever cool kids do, I was spending the night in the Overlook, or hanging out in the sewers beneath Derry….Now, thirty years later, I’m beyond thrilled to be part of the team bringing THE TOMMYKNOCKERS to life. It just feels…right, you know? Like coming home…I can’t wait for you to visit Haven. It’s a hell of a town. Just don’t go in the woods.”

The 1987 horror novel follows the story of writer Bobbi Anderson who has discovered an alien object that was buried in the woods near her home which turned out to be an alien spaceship. The Tommyknockers are the aliens who are inhabiting the spaceship. Her discovery has lead to many unfortunate consequences that severely affected the residents of the small town of Haven in Maine.

Last April, it was reported that Universal has won the rights to the Stephen King novel beating out Sony Pictures and Netflix. Wan from Atomic Monster and Lee from Vertigo are joining producer Larry Sanitsky (the 1993 TV miniseries based on The Tommyknockers) to work on the film.

The Tommyknockers is the second best-selling Stephen King book in its hardcover release having even outsold IT. The previous Tommyknockers miniseries starred Jimmy Smits and Marg Helgenberger. There was talk of doing a miniseries version of the book back in 2013 for NBC but it failed to materialize.

Many of Stephen King’s books are currently being adapted into features films and TV series such as Castle Rock, The Bone Church, Doctor Sleep, In the Tall Grass and Pet Sematary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2