Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Tommyknockers feature film is coming

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default NBC's Tommyknockers

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/nbc-...tommyknockers/

Stephen King’s Tommyknockers is based on the renown author’s chilling 1987 novel about how the residents of a small Maine town deal with what they believe is an alien spacecraft that has landed nearby. Executive producers are Frank Konigsberg and Larry Sanitsky. Emmy Award winner Yves Simoneau (Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee) is attached to direct.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That will teach me to read fast. I thought the series was going to star Hillary Clinton.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

This could work.
    Cool.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"That has landed nearby"?

That doesn't sound right.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

didnt they already do a Tommyknockers movie?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    A TV miniseries deal. It was terrible. Worse than the book.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106156/?ref_=sr_1

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

One thing about the remake. It can only go up in quality. (I hope!)

John

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

almost as bad as The Langoliers?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

miniseries as the one that already existed or serie? it's not clear...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    One thing about the remake. It can only go up in quality. (I hope!)

John
    Amen!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    A TV miniseries deal. It was terrible. Worse than the book.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106156/?ref_=sr_1
    and it was imho not an easy job to be worse then the book

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to wonder why out of all of the King books out there Tommyknockers is the one they'd adapt.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I agree the movie was awful, but the book wasn't too bad. I kind of liked it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the book. Really a good screenplay and director can make almost any story an enjoyable movie. Likewise a poorly written screenplay or terrible director would make a stinker.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I have to wonder why out of all of the King books out there Tommyknockers is the one they'd adapt.
    I'd guess it's cause they own the rights to do it. That's somebody looking at the ratings for Under the Dome and saying, "Hey, go rummage through the files and see what we own by Stephen King!"

I like the novel. No reason it can't make a decent miniseries, although I'd hope they're looking at doing it over more than four hours. Four hours will not get the job done.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, please go ahead and remake it though I liked the book , but fucking leave Rosemay's Baby alone.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yes, please go ahead and remake it though I liked the book , but fucking leave Rosemay's Baby alone.
    I was thinking the same thing, Brice. Rosemary's Baby was a great film, and Polanski did an excellent job of keeping true to the novel. I think anything they do with it will just be worse.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I kinda liked the miniseries. It wasn't that bad!

And I loved the book.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Miniseries: bad, but could have been worse. Decent cast.
    Novel: good, but could have been better. Decent characters.
    In other words, so-so has been done. I'd rather see them take risks and end up with a big FAIL than see them produce something almost as good as the earlier adaptation.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Tommyknockers feature film is coming

https://screenrant.com/tommyknockers...ing-james-wan/
    Stephen King’s novel The Tommyknockers is coming to the screen in a new adaptation from the producers of The Conjuring and IT. Last year was a banner year for King adaptations, headed up by the movie version of IT, which grossed more than $700 million worldwide. The year also saw feature adaptations of King’s The Dark Tower, Gerald’s Game, and 1922, as well as series versions of Mr. Mercedes and The Mist. And the Stephen King adaptation train looks like it won’t be losing steam any time soon.

In 2018, Hulu will debut Castle Rock, a series inspired by multiple King works set in the titular Maine town. And already in the works for 2019 are a remake of Pet Sematary, an adaptation of the novella In the Tall Grass, and of course the IT sequel, IT: Chapter Two. In keeping with the novel’s time-spanning story, the second IT film will leap ahead 30 years and feature adult versions of the Losers’ Club kids from the first movie. Now, fans can add a new feature film adaptation of The Tommyknockers to the list of future Stephen King projects.

THR reports that The Conjuring director and producer James Wan has teamed with IT producer Roy Lee to assemble the project together with the novel’s rights holder, producer Larry Sanitsky. Studios and digital streamers including Netflix received the trio’s proposal this week. Sanitsky discussed his thoughts about the book and its meaning, and why it makes sense to tackle another adaptation today:

“It is an allegorical tale of addiction (Stephen was struggling with his own at the time), the threat of nuclear power, the danger of mass hysteria and the absurdity of technical evolution run amuck. All are as relevant today as the day the novel was written. It is also a tale about the eternal power of love and the grace of redemption.”

Published in 1987, The Tommyknockers tells the story of a small Maine town (of course) whose residents’ minds gradually become taken over by an alien entity. Only an alcoholic poet named Gard can see what’s really going on, thanks to the semi-immunity granted by the steel plate in his head. King would later disavow the novel, calling it “awful” and claiming he was in an alcoholic haze at the time of its writing. Nevertheless, the book was a huge best-seller, like most of the author’s other works. ABC aired a miniseries adaptation in 1993, starring Jimmy Smits and Marg Helgenberger. NBC at one point was set to produce a new Tommyknockers miniseries version, but nothing has come of that yet.

The Tommyknockers book, like a lot of King’s works, is arguably a bit of an overwrought mess. But even lesser King works are gold in the current market. And even with all its faults, The Tommyknockers does have a fairly compelling sci-fi/horror plot at its heart that, if handled correctly, could make for an commercially intriguing movie, especially with a pair of producers like Wan and Lee working on the movie behind the scenes.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm excited, could be really good.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tommyknockers benefits from low expectations. As one of King's less popular works, almost anything watchable will be deemed a success. And in the right hands it can be made well. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of Cell or Dreamcatcher though.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The guy in that vid says that The Tommyknockers is King's second highest-selling book behind IT. Is there a page somewhere that lists King's work by sell rankings?

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/stephen...er-bidding-war
    With the work of Stephen King red-hot these days in Hollywood, it was still a bit of a surprise to learn that a new adaptation of one of his less-acclaimed novels, The Tommyknockers, was making the rounds to studios and streaming outlets.

But not only has the success of last year's It put King solidly back on the industry radar, the involvement of James Wan as a producer and possible director on the new Tommyknockers has sweetened the deal even more.

Deadline reports that Universal Pictures has acquired the project, winning a bidding war that found the studio competing against Sony and Netflix. Wan is producing alongside Roy Lee and Larry Sanitsky, the latter of whom was an executive producer on the two-part 1993 miniseries that was first made from King's book.

King's 1987 novel was one of his early full-on forays into science fiction, as the residents of a small Maine town called Haven begin to come under the malign influence of a mysterious object buried in the woods. The object turns out to be a long-dormant alien spacecraft that is transforming the townspeople into beings like its occupants.

A sci-fi tale with horror overtones, The Tommyknockers was (according to King) inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's The Colour Out of Space and also bears some resemblance to the classic British TV serial (and later film) Quatermass and the Pit.

King himself has not spoken favorably of the book over the years, admitting that it was written at the height of his addiction to drugs and alcohol. He told Rolling Stone in 2014 that The Tommyknockers was "an awful book. That was the last one I wrote before I cleaned up my act."

With It earning $700 milion at the worldwide box office last year (and the sequel coming in 2019), studios are clamoring to repeat that success with other King properties. Coincidentally, the success of the previous 1990 miniseries version of It probably provided the momentum for The Tommyknockers to follow on TV three years later (and since that was followed by the TV miniseries of The Stand in 1994, let's hope that history can repeat itself on the big screen).

James Wan, meanwhile, is in post-production on Aquaman and could potentially direct The Tommyknockers after that if he decides he wants to do more than produce. The next spinoff from his The Conjuring series, The Nun, comes out July 13.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast