Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a funny read that just screams "shut this business down"
    https://www.facebook.com/christine.l...361912151940:0

Just click where it says 24 comments to read all the back and forth.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    This is a funny read that just screams "shut this business down"
    https://www.facebook.com/christine.l...361912151940:0

Just click where it says 24 comments to read all the back and forth.
    And it was months ago. Why does this guy think customers have to kiss his ass? I wonder if a comment bumps a review to the top...
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

NRB: How to Run Your Business into the Ground 101.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Well I ended up with a signed Unbury Carol so I'm a little appeased. But not enough to un cancel!
    Not a slam against you, Lori but, that's not much of a sig. Looks like a child scribbled in a book.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Well I ended up with a signed Unbury Carol so I'm a little appeased. But not enough to un cancel!
    Not a slam against you, Lori but, that's not much of a sig. Looks like a child scribbled in a book.
    Lol, it really does Brian. I asked a friend of mine who has several signed Malerman books and she confirmed that those two squiggly lines are indeed his signature I loved Bird Box and am excited to read this one(which Dez confirmed is quite good. and thanks Dez!) so I was happy to receive it. However, I did have to do a double take to make sure it wasn't a printing error or something.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Lol, it really does Brian. I asked a friend of mine who has several signed Malerman books and she confirmed that those two squiggly lines are indeed his signature I loved Bird Box and am excited to read this one(which Dez confirmed is quite good. and thanks Dez!) so I was happy to receive it. However, I did have to do a double take to make sure it wasn't a printing error or something.
    Yeah, I gave Malerman a hard time in Haverhill a couple years ago telling him he should take signing lessons from Kat Howard. His is a couple of squiggles and she takes 30seconds on each of hers! Both great folk though... 🙂
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

If you used PayPal to pay, when you cancel be sure to go to the PayPal Manage Preapproved Payments page and cancel Cratejoy.com.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finally got my April box today (the 21st!), and I am underwhelmed. My Unbury Carol copy isn't signed, and while I know that is not guaranteed, I was hoping for it since it took so long to get here. And my shipping was not expedited as they said it would be. My annoyance level is on the rise. I sure as hell hope this 'Salem's Lot is worth it!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Hope it works out for you, Dez. I ordered a TLW shirt and The Shining themed tape roll before learning about their shady ways. The tape roll was delivered yesterday but no shirt. No idea when or if I’ll receive it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They replied to my "review" and I directed them here. Doubt they will show, but the gauntlet has been dropped once again!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    They replied to my "review" and I directed them here. Doubt they will show, but the gauntlet has been dropped once again!!!
    I can’t find your review. Gotta link?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I can’t find your review. Gotta link?
    https://www.facebook.com/william.ben...ment&ref=notif
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I finally got my April box today (the 21st!), and I am underwhelmed. My Unbury Carol copy isn't signed, and while I know that is not guaranteed, I was hoping for it since it took so long to get here. And my shipping was not expedited as they said it would be. My annoyance level is on the rise. I sure as hell hope this 'Salem's Lot is worth it!
    Just send your book to me, Dez. I'll scribble in it for ya
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, NRB responded to me saying he applied for a user name and pass, but heard nothing. As it happens I was talking to, Jerome at the time so I responded requesting his proposed username and RF said he will immediately forward a temporary password. Let's see what happens, eh? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I'm still waiting. The box arrived at my Post Office this afternoon, so I'll get it Monday.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Worked it out with, RF and if he has the chutzpah you will see him as "Samsteele" on these boards. We shall see!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's give him a chance to voice his thoughts. I'm looking forward to hearing from him.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Let's give him a chance to voice his thoughts. I'm looking forward to hearing from him.
    Absolutely. I just did the leg work, you did the admin and I'll let the members do their thing. You're right though. He should be afforded an opportunity to state his case.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Samsteele will become famous soon enough

Hey everyone! Thanks for getting the registration done for me Mr. Bender Jr.! So I meant to get this out to you much sooner, but rightly so I've been blocked from like 90% of the FB groups, and I tried a couple times to register on here, but to no avail. So I just wanted to start out with an apology. I read through the thread and see the intense hate that my actions have warranted and wanted to say that I understand. I don't want to make any excuses (but I will really quick because there is a reason for my actions). So right before we launched Salem's Lot, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, three days after we launched my daughter was born. This, plus the book release and the unfortunate news we received minutes before caused a shitload of stress...thats mounted on Major depression and ptsd from my time in the Marines. Again, I see your point of view and agree wholeheartedly. I was shitty, immature, and was incredibly unprofessional. I honestly just wanted to do something cool for you guys, and it didn't work out. I never meant to swindle anyone...I don't care about money that much.

I want to hear all your feedback! No one is blocked from our FB page anymore, and hasn't been since a few days after. Feel free to drop any criticism you see fit, and we will do what we can to hopefully mend the issue. I want to say that I really do love the collector community, and being a collector myself I feel more shitty than you know. I am not asking for your forgiveness, or try to lure you back, or anything, I just wanted to say that I am sorry for how I acted and no matter what, I will be SO FUCKING NICE, you might kick me out, but I would be ok with that.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Sam!! I hope you stick around and join the conversations! You'll find that we are very ardent collectors here.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you finally made it here!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the collectors here was even successful in securing Kings signature for an amazing upcoming publication...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Samsteele View Post
    Hey everyone! Thanks for getting the registration done for me Mr. Bender Jr.! So I meant to get this out to you much sooner, but rightly so I've been blocked from like 90% of the FB groups, and I tried a couple times to register on here, but to no avail. So I just wanted to start out with an apology. I read through the thread and see the intense hate that my actions have warranted and wanted to say that I understand. I don't want to make any excuses (but I will really quick because there is a reason for my actions). So right before we launched Salem's Lot, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, three days after we launched my daughter was born. This, plus the book release and the unfortunate news we received minutes before caused a shitload of stress...thats mounted on Major depression and ptsd from my time in the Marines. Again, I see your point of view and agree wholeheartedly. I was shitty, immature, and was incredibly unprofessional. I honestly just wanted to do something cool for you guys, and it didn't work out. I never meant to swindle anyone...I don't care about money that much.

I want to hear all your feedback! No one is blocked from our FB page anymore, and hasn't been since a few days after. Feel free to drop any criticism you see fit, and we will do what we can to hopefully mend the issue. I want to say that I really do love the collector community, and being a collector myself I feel more shitty than you know. I am not asking for your forgiveness, or try to lure you back, or anything, I just wanted to say that I am sorry for how I acted and no matter what, I will be SO FUCKING NICE, you might kick me out, but I would be ok with that.
    Firstly, let me thank you for making the effort to join the site, it does show a certain willingness to make things right.
    In case you don’t associate my name here with my Facebook login, I’m Simon Mason whom you sent the email to that initiated much of the feedback. It serves no purpose to resurrect its contents, but the original message is still pertanant- it’s not the mistakes you make, but how you deal with them that’s important. Customers will not always be happy, sometimes this will be out of your hands, however when it is in your control, you should do everything you can to make it right.

Announcing a signed limited book before it was confirmed was at best naive and your handling of the fall out was clumsy. Many collectors signed up for the monthly box JUST to get this book and when it didn’t appear were justifiably annoyed. As these extra subscriptions would never have happened without the option of the S/L, what you should have done would have been to apologise for the last minute let down and IMMEDIATELY offer a refund to anyone who wanted it. You wouldn’t be out of pocket as you had not yet had to order additional items for that next box and you might have kept a number of those new customers as well. Those that only wanted the opportunity of getting the S/L would also not have been out of pocket and would most probably have commended you for your honest business practices- a win/win rather than the massive backlash that you got just to keep a few extra $$ from new subscriptions (all of which I am sure cancelled immediately)

I thank you for your general apology and truly hope that the experience has enlightened you.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said, Simon!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast