Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kinda reminds me of a few months ago when it was, um, Gauntlet Press? that implied SK would be doing a "little" book for Borderlands. Pretty much the same thing eh?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    I just read the blurb from the link. Pretty interesting. If they always sensor and delete negative reviews/comments instead of addressing them, that also is shifty. Own the mistake and apologize for it, don’t ridicule people. I have no doubt they have their loyal base, but anyone that practices business this way will not make it in the long run. You have to have thick skin to be a business owner. In any industry.

There will no doubt be customers that are not being fair in their critisisms, and there will be times when you do something wrong, but trying to hide from it all is not the best solution in today’s world. They can’t delete twitter, facebook, yelp, and google reviews/etc, right?

My guess is those that had their comments removed by them will repost on various mediums, just a matter of time. This will make things 3 times worse for NRB. They should have just owned it, apologized and worked with it. Pretty shocked they went this route.
    I'm one that had my comments on their page removed. It prompted my argument with Vincent via Messenger, which lead me to block him from a FB fan group and fair to say I haven't been complimentary of them online since.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    They might not be smart, but they are smart enough to not join this site to comment.
    I would disagree. "Major" king collectors are on this forum, and those hardcover collectors are part of their target.
    So, they may be clever not to come here for not being complained out, but as it's been said, it would be a perfect place to try to fix it out.

You know very well that the customer service is very important. Remember how 10 years or so ago, people were PISSED OFF at CD, and that after that all turned out to the better?

I was at a marketing conference those past few years. In one of the conference, it was said that for compensating 1 negative comment on a brand, 12 positive ones are needed
    They don't seem to want to fix it. They seem to want to bury it.

I agree that the smartest thing they could do is to own up to their mistakes.

They could have said, "We are new to publishing. It turned out to be more difficult and complicated than we expected. We apologize for our mistakes. We have learned from them and will never repeat them."

They might have found that collectors were willing to forgive this incident.

Instead, they basically said get over it, and BTW we don't actually care about you anyway.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    The other thing to note is if CD, SubPress, PS, you name it, did this we’d be just as put off and vocal. This isn’t a brash attack against NRB for NRBs sake, it was a bad move any way you slice it. And like Antoni said, it’s all about the professionalism of damage control that can rectify things. This they failed miserably.

It’s a shame as I root for small businesses, and they may have been onto something neat. However, you lose the trust of your customer-base, and mock them no less, it will be tough to recover. I wasn’t even tracking this and trying to get one and I feel put off by the tactics and antics.

Everything comes down to effective communication.
    Exactly. I've had problems with orders from PS, Cemetery Dance, and others in the past, and it was always handled professionally and with excellent customer service. That’s the thing that matters.
    Prior to this, my only problem with them was that shipping took too long. I received a previous box with damaged items and they replaced them without complaint.

I think that this endeavor was simply above their pay grade.

They seem to have taken things personally instead of professionally.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think you might have hit the nail on the head.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I think you might have hit the nail on the head.
    I agree
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got a response from NRB. Are these people like 5 years old? and they have the audacity to call me childish!

I had already apologized to those involved, and the wording was loose because we we're still waiting to hear back. Nothing was trying to deliberately decieve anyone. We were told by his agent that he was pushing for a few hundred, which seemed like a good sign. It didn't happen. I wanted to make sure that collectors DID have a chance to get a signed one if we got them. Had I not said anything, people would have been upset also. Turns out we are getting 38 books signed and the pages are on their way to the binder now, but NONE of you will get one. You and the others that whined about it, should be aware that I was trying to give you a chance to get a rare collectible, but it didnt work out.

Next time you won't get a chance. Because of your childish behavior.

You are not going to insult me or my company and say, now refund me even though I digitally signed a contract. No, not happening. Good luck. I hope you file a dispute so I can get more from you.

And don't try and tell me how to run my business. Where's your book? Where's your special editions you are putting out? How many books have you gotten signed? I didnt think so.

Continue to dwell on the bad instead of what I was trying to do for you. And no, I don't need you. When our lettered and numbered editions are done next year, I guarantee you someone will buy them. I will make sure that you don't get one, serious collector.

Oh and I have 22 lettered editions and 28 numbered, 15 hand signed first. Thats Just from SK. Again, I was trying to help you people out, but you shit on it, so it will be the last time.

EDIT: FYI, this is the part of my email, that might have got up his nose:
    "I’m a serious collector and spend a great deal of money on collectible books. I am, judging by your on-line responses, an individual that your business does not care about, you can apparently “do without me”. If that is the case I suggest you stay away from trying to play in the big leagues and focus on your small collection of sycophantic followers who will purchase your normal throw away items."
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's an interesting business model to alienate customers.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a firm believer that customer is not always right, but even I think their behaviour is incredibly rude.

Still, I wonder if any of this will stop the collectors from lining up for those signed books.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I signed up the day before the "announcement" and quickly cancelled once we learned the joke was on us. Didn't even try to get my $43 back.....

Have no interest in trying to discuss a rationale outcome with a company that aspires to be in conversations with the likes of Cemetery Dance, Suntup and others but clearly is not capable of the same success.

In the interim, perhaps they should hire somebody to handle their Public Relations strategy on their behalf. Clearly missing the mark in this regard.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

What a cry baby! So, are we disseminating this across the groups where the sycophants hang out with their heads up this guy’s ass?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

new game! everyone get on FB and add to the discussion on NRB's Facebook page. I just posted what they wrote as a review and they cam back saying i'm not a customer, i'm a troll "wanting to bash his company"

If you received a trash email then please feel free to post it on their reviews page.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was the preorder payment via paypal?
    Couldnt be dispute via paypal?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    new game! everyone get on FB and add to the discussion on NRB's Facebook page. I just posted what they wrote as a review and they cam back saying i'm not a customer, i'm a troll "wanting to bash his company"

If you received a trash email then please feel free to post it on their reviews page.
    I think you check mated him with that comment about the announcement being before he’d even asked.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Was the preorder payment via paypal?
    Couldnt be dispute via paypal?
    They have this covered in a "Subscription Contract":
    If you are not granted a refund and you dispute this with your bank or card,you will lose the dispute and be charged by us an additional $16 for the dispute fee (agreed upon by the card processor).

Another example of how worried they are about people cancelling when they find out "What's in the box..."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is their NRB claim, but can't someone block that company to charge some more fees? And therefore dispute with paypal?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I have never ordered from NRB before but I never will after seeing how childish their responses are and how poor their customer service is. Prime example of how to run your own business into the ground. People forget about products they order, but not about how they were treated.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got a response from NRB. Are these people like 5 years old? and they have the audacity to call me childish!

I had already apologized to those involved, and the wording was loose because we we're still waiting to hear back. Nothing was trying to deliberately decieve anyone. We were told by his agent that he was pushing for a few hundred, which seemed like a good sign. It didn't happen. I wanted to make sure that collectors DID have a chance to get a signed one if we got them. Had I not said anything, people would have been upset also. Turns out we are getting 38 books signed and the pages are on their way to the binder now, but NONE of you will get one. You and the others that whined about it, should be aware that I was trying to give you a chance to get a rare collectible, but it didnt work out.

Next time you won't get a chance. Because of your childish behavior.

You are not going to insult me or my company and say, now refund me even though I digitally signed a contract. No, not happening. Good luck. I hope you file a dispute so I can get more from you.

And don't try and tell me how to run my business. Where's your book? Where's your special editions you are putting out? How many books have you gotten signed? I didnt think so.

Continue to dwell on the bad instead of what I was trying to do for you. And no, I don't need you. When our lettered and numbered editions are done next year, I guarantee you someone will buy them. I will make sure that you don't get one, serious collector.

Oh and I have 22 lettered editions and 28 numbered, 15 hand signed first. Thats Just from SK. Again, I was trying to help you people out, but you shit on it, so it will be the last time.

EDIT: FYI, this is the part of my email, that might have got up his nose:
    "I’m a serious collector and spend a great deal of money on collectible books. I am, judging by your on-line responses, an individual that your business does not care about, you can apparently “do without me”. If that is the case I suggest you stay away from trying to play in the big leagues and focus on your small collection of sycophantic followers who will purchase your normal throw away items."
    Thanks for sharing, Simon. I also shared your post with the folks over on the CD forum.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

So are they deleting the bad reviews now, as can't see them?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post

No still there. I posted it in their reviews section which apparently they can’t delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They have been deleting bad reviews where they are able to. I googled them the other day, they do have pretty high ratings. In the short term they may prevail. However, I’d imagine with the owner’s personality and behavior, it can only last for so long. Karma will bite them at some point.

After reading how he responded to Simon, I’m in shock that some form of the collecting masses isn’t spiking the negative reviews. If they are, NRB seems to be ahead of it.

I also found the part about them actually getting 38 King signed copies, or whatever it was, bogus. We’ll see, but that’s an odd amount. Regardless, they mention growing in the S/L game. In a way I feel bad for them, they just won’t make it, not with the way they operate. Right now they can make it with the sub boxes, but once they start trying to charge more for S/Ls again, good luck, he just shunned his primary customer base for that. Plus, no one will believe them and preorder. I sure wouldn’t. Last thing I want is that geoup having any of my payment info.

Shame it all went down like that. Again, sorry to all that got burned by NRB.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

My Mood
    Chatty

Last thing I want is that geoup having any of my payment info.
    Have to say, I’m a little worried they, or he I should say, has mine. It seems it’s one guy here who’s the problem- the owner. And another thing I noticed. He’s in with some of the admins from that big Stephen King Facebook group. The one where the admins bite their members’ heads and team up calling members cunts for taking any kind of issue with their group. This Tyler guy reminds me an awful lot of those assholes.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What group is that Adam?

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    What group is that Adam?
    Not yours haha. It’s called Stephen King and that’s it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, Nocturnal can almost say what they want in their Terms of Service/Agreement, but Paypal, and all other Credit Card companies have policies that trump what an individual business may say or attempt.

There is no way that NRB can successfully charge $16 for disputing a charge (whether the customer wins or loses the dispute). It's that simple.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast