Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Is that a wrestling move Chad?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Setup to the finisher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Setup to the finisher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahah I can see it now

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a cluster this is. Their marketing was very misleading. Sorry to those impacted by this. This will no doubt hurt their business. Karma.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I mentionned it on twitter, here is the discussion
    > https://twitter.com/ClubSTEPHENKING/...56613410070528
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That Tony guy is defending them like he's one of them. His lack of reason fits well with their rationale too. Almost nothing he says is accurate, and he says it so condescendingly.

*APRIL/MAY/King*

We are still working out the contract, but there is likely going to be a small quantity signed.

With the signed books, there will be a separate link to purchase a guaranteed signed copy (50% of the total signed), with the rest being randomized in the total run.
    *King Box Ordering Info*

From what we are being told as of today we are currently at 1 in 10 that will be signed...not by the cover artist but by Stephen King himself.

Guaranteed Signed: What we know so far is that Steve is going to do his best to get some signed. It looks like we will have a guaranteed quantity, but as of right this second, we don't have a firm yes. I will have a call tomorrow with Steve and his agent and hopefully we can get a thumbs up or down then.

If we get a yes, then here is how it will work: ONLY those who checkout with a signed book can ALSO checkout with a regular special edition.

Signed books will be $150 per box and are also limited to ONE per person.
    *LINK TO PURCHASE*

We were just told that there is NO signed quantity for this special edition because Steve will be going on tour with the Outsider soon.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think what hurts them the most is they used the term "Guaranteed" too loosely and too much. You can't/shouldn't put 'guaranteed' on anything when it isn't truly guaranteed unless you are trying to incorrectly market or false market. No other way around it.

I had no issues with NRB previous to this. I tried their boxes a while back, they were fun, just not for me so I cancelled. I was not trying to purchase this particular item, so my opinions on the matter are on the business/marketing practice utilized for this upcoming box.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm part of another discussion group (30-40 members) and everyone has cancelled (or didn't order) their box (according to comments). Most, if not all, feel these people are no different than someone trying to be deceitful with forged signatures. Bad business all the way around and they just lost customers.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

So if I bought every single box, and destroyed all the books except one, would it be worth a million dollars?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    So if I bought every single box, and destroyed all the books except one, would it be worth a million dollars?
    No.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really surprised how many people are defending them - and vehemently. People are saying that we aren't out any money and we don't have to buy it, but I did order the April box so that I would be in the loop for this. So I am out that money, as I wasn't planning on ordering it before all this King excitement started. Then in the email that they sent with the Update/Cover Sneak Peek after all the brouhaha, they said: "Many will disagree, but we are not here to kiss up to the collectors." But aren't they? Who do they think is going to buy a special Stephen King NRB box for $75? Isn't it us crazy King collectors?! I think I'm going to take my King box (and my April box, since it's already coming) and say goodbye permanently. This whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    If you do this, you may want to change your screen name from ur2ndbiggestfan to NRBbiggestfan.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All that bollocks aside (also it's funny that the reason of the decline is that King will be busy touring for THE OUTSIDER while there is no touring planned, as far as i know), what cover variants did they do so far?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    All that bollocks aside (also it's funny that the reason of the decline is that King will be busy touring for THE OUTSIDER while there is no touring planned, as far as i know), what cover variants did they do so far?
    Not sure of other authors, but they did Gwendy's Button Box variant.

Mulleins

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I'm really surprised how many people are defending them - and vehemently. People are saying that we aren't out any money and we don't have to buy it, but I did order the April box so that I would be in the loop for this. So I am out that money, as I wasn't planning on ordering it before all this King excitement started. Then in the email that they sent with the Update/Cover Sneak Peek after all the brouhaha, they said: "Many will disagree, but we are not here to kiss up to the collectors." But aren't they? Who do they think is going to buy a special Stephen King NRB box for $75? Isn't it us crazy King collectors?! I think I'm going to take my King box (and my April box, since it's already coming) and say goodbye permanently. This whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.
    This. I cancelled this morning.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They fukt this opportunity, big time. They never sent me (or hundreds of others, apparently) the pre-order email link after I subscribed (which is not biggie because I was only interested in a signed Salems and King didn't sign), after I messaged them to confirm my subscription would make me eligible.

So, I emailed them and queried what was the advantage of my subscription, if not for the early pre-order email? They responded sarcastically and dismissively. Not the way to keep a customer base. It's rarely the problem, but the way one manages the problem, that matters.

Anyway, personally, I never liked their show bags of trinkets before... And now, well. See ya later.

Country
    Country Flag

The other thing to note is if CD, SubPress, PS, you name it, did this we’d be just as put off and vocal. This isn’t a brash attack against NRB for NRBs sake, it was a bad move any way you slice it. And like Antoni said, it’s all about the professionalism of damage control that can rectify things. This they failed miserably.

It’s a shame as I root for small businesses, and they may have been onto something neat. However, you lose the trust of your customer-base, and mock them no less, it will be tough to recover. I wasn’t even tracking this and trying to get one and I feel put off by the tactics and antics.

Everything comes down to effective communication.

WTB:

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    The other thing to note is if CD, SubPress, PS, you name it, did this we’d be just as put off and vocal. This isn’t a brash attack against NRB for NRBs sake, it was a bad move any way you slice it. And like Antoni said, it’s all about the professionalism of damage control that can rectify things. This they failed miserably.

It’s a shame as I root for small businesses, and they may have been onto something neat. However, you lose the trust of your customer-base, and mock them no less, it will be tough to recover. I wasn’t even tracking this and trying to get one and I feel put off by the tactics and antics.

Everything comes down to effective communication.
    Exactly. I've had problems with orders from PS, Cemetery Dance, and others in the past, and it was always handled professionally and with excellent customer service. That’s the thing that matters.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I received an E-mail saying they'd send me an E-mail after the initial boxes were offered to the subscribers, but I never did get a second announcement. Oh well.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

They might not be smart, but they are smart enough to not join this site to comment.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    They might not be smart, but they are smart enough to not join this site to comment.
    I think they don’t care enough about us. Which is odd considering how many of us there are and how many of us who are active on Facebook and Twitter. All I can say for sure though is I won’t be subscribing. All the commentary aside, they didn’t deliver on their word. Plenty of other reputable places to spend my book money at.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    They fukt this opportunity, big time. They never sent me (or hundreds of others, apparently) the pre-order email link after I subscribed (which is not biggie because I was only interested in a signed Salems and King didn't sign), after I messaged them to confirm my subscription would make me eligible.

So, I emailed them and queried what was the advantage of my subscription, if not for the early pre-order email? They responded sarcastically and dismissively. Not the way to keep a customer base. It's rarely the problem, but the way one manages the problem, that matters.

Anyway, personally, I never liked their show bags of trinkets before... And now, well. See ya later.
    I've read on twitter that they did share a mockup cover for SALEM'S LOT.
    Would it be possible to see it somehow? And what was their plan : to do cover variant for all books?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I would disagree. "Major" king collectors are on this forum, and those hardcover collectors are part of their target.
    So, they may be clever not to come here for not being complained out, but as it's been said, it would be a perfect place to try to fix it out.

You know very well that the customer service is very important. Remember how 10 years or so ago, people were PISSED OFF at CD, and that after that all turned out to the better?

I was at a marketing conference those past few years. In one of the conference, it was said that for compensating 1 negative comment on a brand, 12 positive ones are needed

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

I've read on twitter that they did share a mockup cover for SALEM'S LOT.
    Would it be possible to see it somehow? And what was their plan : to do cover variant for all books?
    Here is a link with their meaningless explanation and to collectors. It also has an image of their mockup of the book. Not impressed, looks like a paperback. (it will actually be a dustjacket on a hardback, but they weren't able to show that) Just another example of the lack of professionalism exhibited by this company.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I just read the blurb from the link. Pretty interesting. If they always sensor and delete negative reviews/comments instead of addressing them, that also is shifty. Own the mistake and apologize for it, don’t ridicule people. I have no doubt they have their loyal base, but anyone that practices business this way will not make it in the long run. You have to have thick skin to be a business owner. In any industry.

There will no doubt be customers that are not being fair in their critisisms, and there will be times when you do something wrong, but trying to hide from it all is not the best solution in today’s world. They can’t delete twitter, facebook, yelp, and google reviews/etc, right?

My guess is those that had their comments removed by them will repost on various mediums, just a matter of time. This will make things 3 times worse for NRB. They should have just owned it, apologized and worked with it. Pretty shocked they went this route.

WTB:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast