Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

No idea he just says it's a clusterfuck on the level of DRP
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Dark regions press gets called out? What happened?
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    That sounds like bitterness over something personal.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I found a thread over on CD's forums from earlier this year that talks about DRP having issues paying authors.

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    From what I remember in his newsletters, it was related to DRP not paying royalties or not paying them as outlined in signed contracts. I believe he also mentioned some questionable ethics in some of their new author contracts and writing contest terms.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

The above covers most of Keene’s charges r.e. DRP, but there was also a personal element of some of this activity reportedly impacting his late friend and fellow author, Tom Piccirilli, as he was battling brain cancer.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

the-blacklist-the-horror-show-with-brian-keene-ep155

Starting at ~minute 45, Brian talks about his 'breakdown' after his friend Jesus Gonzales died. He owed four manuscripts to four publishers at the time. Camelot Books, Sinister Grin Press, Bad Moon Books and Dark Regions Press. The first three publishers have been understanding about the delay. Chris Morey at DRP kept bugging Brian for the manuscript.

Starting at ~1:12:25, twenty-three authors with complaints. Authors allege they aren't being paid properly, and aren't being treated properly per contract. Brian asked Chris about the complaints. It didn't go well.

dark-regions-revisited-the-horror-show-with-brian-keene-ep-156

Starting at 35:44, Brian discusses a DRP writing contest with terms unfair to writers, DRP publishing stories without rights, Chris Morey repeatedly sending Tom Piccirilli signature sheets and acting like a douche-bag while Tom was undergoing cancer treatment, and his ongoing conflict with Chris Morey.

Morey sent three packages of signature sheets and two packages of lettered signature sheets to be signed. Tom is confined to a wheelchair while undergoing chemo and radiation therapy after brain surgery. Morey kept bugging Tom for more signed sheets. Tom said he'd already signed 1000 sheets. Morey became threatening.

Chris emailed, "I want you guys to know that I've gone through hell over the past six months with this book."

Brian said, "Tom has had a tumor the size of my fist removed from his brain. Survived. Now it's back. So... people are cutting into his brain with a knife, and he's under chemo, radiation, in a wheelchair, can't see, can't sign his fucking name... The guy's got it bad. But it's all about Chris Morey. "I want you guys to know that I've gone through hell over the past six months with this book." Fuck you!"
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian when do you sleep?
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    the-blacklist-the-horror-show-with-brian-keene-ep155

Starting at ~minute 45, Brian talks about his 'breakdown' after his friend Jesus Gonzales died. He owed four manuscripts to four publishers at the time. Camelot Books, Sinister Grin Press, Bad Moon Books and Dark Regions Press. The first three publishers have been understanding about the delay. Chris Morey at DRP kept bugging Brian for the manuscript.

Starting at ~1:12:25, twenty-three authors with complaints. Authors allege they aren't being paid properly, and aren't being treated properly per contract. Brian asked Chris about the complaints. It didn't go well.

dark-regions-revisited-the-horror-show-with-brian-keene-ep-156

Starting at 35:44, Brian discusses a DRP writing contest with terms unfair to writers, DRP publishing stories without rights, Chris Morey repeatedly sending Tom Piccirilli signature sheets and acting like a douche-bag while Tom was undergoing cancer treatment, and his ongoing conflict with Chris Morey.

Morey sent three packages of signature sheets and two packages of lettered signature sheets to be signed. Tom is confined to a wheelchair while undergoing chemo and radiation therapy after brain surgery. Morey kept bugging Tom for more signed sheets. Tom said he'd already signed 1000 sheets. Morey became threatening.

Chris emailed, "I want you guys to know that I've gone through hell over the past six months with this book."

Brian said, "Tom has had a tumor the size of my fist removed from his brain. Survived. Now it's back. So... people are cutting into his brain with a knife, and he's under chemo, radiation, in a wheelchair, can't see, can't sign his fucking name... The guy's got it bad. But it's all about Chris Morey. "I want you guys to know that I've gone through hell over the past six months with this book." Fuck you!"

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well a lengthy email was just sent out - I just stopped reading after awhile...fake news...anyway - here is an excerpt:

Last update for a while (IMPORTANT)

Ok. So I was able to get some money for stuff, and I am still working on litigation with that crappy company.

More importantly, is the money. I created a reserve for the card processor and the Paypal account so that I can close them out and won't be charged dispute fees as long as they come after the reserve is opened on Friday morning (midnight) for the CC and Saturday for Paypal.

ANYONE who has not gotten a refund can file for a dispute on Friday and Saturday and it will get approved. IF you file a dispute before that you may get your money back, but it may take like 20 days if it comes at all. before this, people have been getting NSF notices because I said in the last one, I don't have money yet.

Because this is a secure reserve I cannot give very many 'refunds' if any so I'm sorry but don't ask. It is wholly disconnected from our store so if I try to refund you, literally nothing will happen. So file the dispute. If your bank says that you can't, ask them to make an exception and send them a screenshot of this.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    well a lengthy email was just sent out - I just stopped reading after awhile...fake news...anyway - here is an excerpt:

Last update for a while (IMPORTANT)

Ok. So I was able to get some money for stuff, and I am still working on litigation with that crappy company.

More importantly, is the money. I created a reserve for the card processor and the Paypal account so that I can close them out and won't be charged dispute fees as long as they come after the reserve is opened on Friday morning (midnight) for the CC and Saturday for Paypal.

ANYONE who has not gotten a refund can file for a dispute on Friday and Saturday and it will get approved. IF you file a dispute before that you may get your money back, but it may take like 20 days if it comes at all. before this, people have been getting NSF notices because I said in the last one, I don't have money yet.

Because this is a secure reserve I cannot give very many 'refunds' if any so I'm sorry but don't ask. It is wholly disconnected from our store so if I try to refund you, literally nothing will happen. So file the dispute. If your bank says that you can't, ask them to make an exception and send them a screenshot of this.
    Even his refund process sounds shady.

And confusing...so he does or does not have money (or a "reserve") for "very many 'refunds'"...? He is or is not approving and giving refunds ("if any")...??. I've read that three times now and I still have no idea.

Glad I never had any money on the line, but I sure feel sorry for those who still have $$ tied up and have to continue to read this guy's ramblings.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That podcast with Brian Keene is totally worth a listen.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw on the Goodreads feed that it has been discovered that some people were charged for October. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I just saw on the Goodreads feed that it has been discovered that some people were charged for October. WHAT. THE. FUCK.
    If a person was a subscribing customer on September 15 then they were charged for an October box.

That's on them. There is no reason to be a subscriber to NRB. If anyone is stupid enough to be a subscriber at this point then they deserve whatever they don't get.

Part of what they don't get is my sympathy.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So I opened a dispute 5 days ago, it status is awaiting seller feedback, and they have until the 22nd. Do I just wait, or is there something else I am supposed to do? Almost sounds like people who dispute now will have better luck then I will, based on his confusing comments.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    So I opened a dispute 5 days ago, it status is awaiting seller feedback, and they have until the 22nd. Do I just wait, or is there something else I am supposed to do? Almost sounds like people who dispute now will have better luck then I will, based on his confusing comments.
    Did you open a dispute with PayPal or your credit card?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    If a person was a subscribing customer on September 15 then they were charged for an October box.

That's on them. There is no reason to be a subscriber to NRB. If anyone is stupid enough to be a subscriber at this point then they deserve whatever they don't get.

Part of what they don't get is my sympathy.
    I agree completely. But he definitely should not be taking anymore money. And what's the point? He just will have to return it, and based on his rambling email, pay a fee as well.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Look at this shit (copied from a FB post)

"This is the response i just received from Vincent, i asked for my refund.

Bill Galasso
    10:26 AM (1 hour ago)
    The Nocturnal Readers Box <admin@thenocturnalreadersbox.com>
    date: Sep 11, 2018, 10:26 AM
    subject: Fwd: Delay in eCheck payment
    mailed-by: gmail.com

PLEASE fix this asap, PLEASE credit my account today without issue, i have NEVER received any boxes from you.

Vincent Guerrero
    10:42 AM (45 minutes ago)
    to me

Bill, wow really petty. You see, thats just an error from having stopped all subscriptions for this month and is easily fixed, but since you decided you wanted to post it around, I will refund you, it will just take a really long time. And that's me being petty in response to you.

WHO THE FUCK DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS......?"

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate this guy.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Paypal
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

cit, you should have kept reading - he's hanging it up.

"The End

After a couple weeks, our shop will be open but just for odd and ends. Don't email, don't ask for refunds, don't bother my family just because you have nothing better to do. I am giving everyone the opportunity to get your money back. Take it and leave us be. Stop trying to pry into our personal lives. Find other things to obsess over like maybe some books."

AMD - call PP! They will take care of it. I was told to, did and it worked. Don't trust the email from NRB.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

his entire last newsletter email, found on a facebook group
    >>> https://mailchi.mp/1ef7bf90a9b7/redispute?e=a2caad0af8
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Paypal
    You can escalate to a case. You can do it online or by phone. It seems people who call get faster results.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    his entire last newsletter email, found on a facebook group
    >>> https://mailchi.mp/1ef7bf90a9b7/redispute?e=a2caad0af8
    He hasn't learned a damn thing. He's still blaming other people for his shit-show.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That newsletter is one of the craziest things I've ever read. You would think if they're closing up shop and ending it, there would be a big thank you to the customers for supporting them along the way, and an apology for it not working out and how sad they are about it. Instead it's a lot of vague comments, blaming of others, and still no proper refund from them, just that you now have to go dispute the charges (and in a very odd way I might add). Also no acknowledgement that the customers have a right to be upset, more that we just need to accept it and move on. Well I'm still waiting on my refund for the King box to go through, and I've seen comments by numerous people on fb that their bank won't refund them since it's been too long for them to dispute. I'm sorry, but coupled with the fact that he then charged people for Oct knowing full well that he had no product and was closing up shop 2 days later, what kind of person does that? Also how is that last part not criminal behavior?

If he files for bankruptcy, what happens? Is it just wiped clean and he has to start fresh? Does he have to pay some money back?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast