Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    There’s was a slight delay on PayPal end - or a new wrinkle for those just submitting refund requests:

Hello Chad Tarter ,

An eCheck payment from The Nocturnal Reader's Box was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment.

So if senders bank declined payment does that mean he’s filed bankruptcy or the bank wants their money too?

I’m going to make a call to PayPal this morning…

Oooh ooh. Is there a buyers protection guarantee?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    There’s was a slight delay on PayPal end - or a new wrinkle for those just submitting refund requests:

Hello Chad Tarter ,

An eCheck payment from The Nocturnal Reader's Box was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment.

So if senders bank declined payment does that mean he’s filed bankruptcy or the bank wants their money too?

It appears that he has non-sufficient funds in his bank account to issue the refund. PayPal will try again. If there is repeatedly no funds available, PayPal should issue the refund themselves and pursue NRB through collections or court.

You might need to escalate the dispute to a case if it hasn't been already.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, after reading the latest email and that - I thought I just had a July box on order but when I went to PP had an August charged too. Disputed both and will wait and see...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Hello Chad Tarter ,

It appears that he has non-sufficient funds in his bank account to issue the refund. PayPal will try again. If there is repeatedly no funds available, PayPal should issue the refund themselves and pursue NRB through collections or court.

thats pretty much it - I called PayPal to see what up. Since NRB accepted responsibility in this case then payapl will make an attempt to obtain payment about every 3 days - if no payment made after 3 attempts then they will just pay me (kinda like the hospital billing each insurance co first). So no way I can escalate it at this point - just gotta sit back n wait. In case anyone is in a similar boat - just make sure you get your claim in to PayPal within the 60 day window from when payment made
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Br!an, just FYI - your PM inbox is full.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    What’s really crazy is Vincent “promised” me a signed copy of Mr. Keene’s book. I filed my claims with my credit card company last week. I’ve had enough of his bullshit excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

looks like they have now closed their instagram and twitter accounts too (along with the previously closed FB page)

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello Chad Tarter ,

thats pretty much it - I called PayPal to see what up. Since NRB accepted responsibility in this case then payapl will make an attempt to obtain payment about every 3 days - if no payment made after 3 attempts then they will just pay me (kinda like the hospital billing each insurance co first). So no way I can escalate it at this point - just gotta sit back n wait. In case anyone is in a similar boat - just make sure you get your claim in to PayPal within the 60 day window from when payment made
    So if we only have a 60 day window, then I assume I am out of luck for the Salem's Lot book, since I paid in April.?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Has this been posted here yet.? Note from Brian Keene:

(Being a permutation of a comment I left on Goodreads earlier this evening):

I would like to add my voice to all that’s being said on social media, private and public forums and elsewhere regarding allegations that Nocturnal Readers Box is not shipping merchandise, not issuing refunds, disputing refunds, and belittling and harassing dissatisfied customers. I would also like to offer my sympathy to any fans of mine that may have been under the impression that I somehow “endorsed” this company or was working with them.

On March 5, 2018 I received an email from Vincent Guerrero of The Nocturnal Readers Box. He told me that he had been inspired by reading THE RISING and had designed “a sweet enamel pin”. He wanted to know what I thought and he wanted to know if I had any upcoming books his subscribers might like.

I responded that the pin looked “pretty cool” and advised him to contact my publisher. I also suggested that perhaps my novel DEAD SEA would be a good fit for inclusion in the box.

At that point, I assumed he would reach out to my publisher, and there would be some sort of contract or document drawn up clearing him to a) manufacture this enamel pin based on THE RISING, and b) order copies of DEAD SEA for inclusion in his box.

Instead, Vincent apparently manufactured the pins and included them in the box without my express written permission or contract. In marketing, he stated they were “inspired by Brian Keene’s THE RISING”. The photos I’ve seen of the pin itself — the packaging says “Based on Brian Keene’s THE RISING”.

By the time I realized the pins were out there in the wild, it was too late to say anything, so i kept my mouth shut. I didn’t want to come off as “Big name horror writer bullies small start-up company”.

But Vincent then, unbeknownst to me, apparently offered Nocturnal Readers Box subscribers an art print based on my novel DEAD SEA. I was unaware of this until today when folks pointed it out on Twitter.

Understand — this goes from being “fan art” to using my intellectual property without my permission. I have never had a problem with fan art. I like fan art. i endorse and celebrate and support it. I am delighted by it. But I am not delighted by theft. I am a successful horror writer but I am not a wealthy horror writer. (If I were, I would have had health insurance to cover that catastrophic accident I had earlier this summer). While some may say, “Oh, what does he care? it’s just a pin…” understand that is more than just a pin to me. It is how I feed and clothe my kid and hopefully put him through college some day.

In addition to bootlegging my own intellectual property without permission, I have confirmation from someone in the know that the Robert R. McCammon item Nocturnal Readers Box offered to subscribers was also unauthorized. I cannot speak for Joe R. Lansdale, Stephen king, Joe Hill, Nick Cutter or any of the others involved, but I must wonder if the circumstances are similar in those cases, as well.

In addition to using intellectual property without explicit legal permission and documentation, it is my understanding that these items were used to seek validation with potential subscribers — and that is where I really grow disgusted. I in no way gave permission for my name or brand to be marketed as such, and my sincere apologies to any of my fans who subscribed to this service because they thought these unauthorized items somehow indicated my endorsement of this company.

In truth, it was learning about his allegedly abhorrent treatment of customers that finally made me speak up.

I understand there is a cavalcade of customers who have requested refunds and even more that have not received shipments for June, July, August or a special ‘Stephen King’ box. A quick Google search also shows a number of Better Business Bureau complaints being filed against the company. Author Edward Lorn has some excellent coverage of the situation on YouTube. All I can do is add my voice and platform to those calling on Vincent to do the right thing, and immediately refund the money of dissatisfied customers, and cancel the auto-renew subscriptions of those customers. And I urge any dissatisfied customers to dispute the charge with your bank, PayPal, or other financial institution. If you didn’t receive the merchandise, MAKE SURE your financial institution knows that — even if you get a refund.

Best,

Brian Keene
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Hello Chad Tarter ,

So if we only have a 60 day window, then I assume I am out of luck for the Salem's Lot book, since I paid in April.?
    Looking at this site: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...y-and-security
    It says 60 days for unauthorized transactions but you have 180 for something that doesn't show up or is incorrect.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Looking at this site: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...y-and-security
    It says 60 days for unauthorized transactions but you have 180 for something that doesn't show up or is incorrect.
    Yes, you have 180 from the date of purchase to file a PayPal dispute for a purchased item that has not arrived.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shame on me, but what was the April Charge amount ($90.64?), and what was it for (supposed to contain?)

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Shame on me, but what was the April Charge amount ($90.64?), and what was it for (supposed to contain?)
    Sounds like the Salems' Lot box. Sold in April for $75.00 plus shipping. Was supposed to have book, pin and shirt or tote.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    that was the Salems lot book in question - if you have that charge on PayPal then you need to dispute to get refund.

and to my previous quoted (and corrected) message - I apologize - I wrote 60 days - but I meant 6 months (close to 180 days) - I bought in April too so I woulda been outside that 60 day window too - sorry I misspoke - I knew what I meant just not what I wrote)
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't give up on King box refunds. Mine was refunded today! Miracles do happen.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Hello Chad Tarter ,

When I filed mine, it said I had until October 1st. I paid April 4, which I believe was the day it was announced. You should be fine.

BTW, Br!an, that is EXCELLENT research pulling that email from May 2017. I knew I had only bought a couple boxes previously from them, but I feel like at least 1 was late. Probably more. I'm getting a bizarre amount of pleasure from watching this all. It's like watching a disaster unfold...

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all,
    For everyone who has filed a claim via PP for the King box, did you go with "item not received" or a different category? I filed a few days ago and nothing yet.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Item not received. A few days ago he was approving contested charges. Now I think he does not even respond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Item not received
    You getting your PM’s dude?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post
    Hey all,
    For everyone who has filed a claim via PP for the King box, did you go with "item not received" or a different category? I filed a few days ago and nothing yet.
    Item not received is probably the easiest category to file under.

Your initial filing is a dispute. You can escalate the dispute to a case. Do so. PayPal will intervene faster for a case.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got this this morning:

Your refund by The Nocturnal Reader's Box didn't complete.
    Here are the details:
    Sender's name: The Nocturnal Reader's Box
    Sender's email: thenocturnalreadersbox@gmail.com
    Your transaction ID:
    Sender's transaction ID: 9GU23135UJ568912M
    For more information on this refund, please contact the sender.

Yeah, like the sender is going to respond.

And I followed the directs and can't find the button to escalate to case???

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Got this this morning:

Your refund by The Nocturnal Reader's Box didn't complete.
    Here are the details:
    Sender's name: The Nocturnal Reader's Box
    Sender's email: thenocturnalreadersbox@gmail.com
    Your transaction ID:
    Sender's transaction ID: 9GU23135UJ568912M
    For more information on this refund, please contact the sender.

Yeah, like the sender is going to respond.

And I followed the directs and can't find the button to escalate to case???
    if it is through PayPal - you can always call them directly - they can help you elevate the case too; sometimes you can see how if you open the case file too
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This is just a nightmare for hundreds of people. I really wish they had just stopped taking money after June, and given themselves a few months to catch up and try to recuperate or call it quits. It would have been better for the customers and themselves because now they're going to be in way more debt than was ever possible to come out of and could even be investigated for fraud.

I've heard talk that their downfall was the King box. Why is this the thought? They charged up front for the King box.
    So did they just not sell enough initially to then have the money to produce it, or did they use the money elsewhere?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast