Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably sound like a prick but regardless of the serious nature of Vincent's issues, the company hasn't delivered June's boxes, has charged for July's and I am hearing from customers they are about to be charged for August. Do they still charge a BS fee for disputed payments???

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody received June box yet?
    I tried to reach out via email to NRB about cancelling my subscription back in early June. I've followed up three times since then, and not a word. I then found out about the health issues they were dealing with, so gave them the benefit of the doubt, and more time. Since asking to cancel on June 3rd, I have been charged for two additional boxes, and haven't received a word in reply. I like the boxes, and am fine with waiting a bit longer for them when something like that comes up, but I think honoring a cancellation request is different. Was hoping I could continue with my subscription in the fall, but with this kind of frustration, I'm not sure I will. Anybody else having/had similar problems?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post
    Anybody received June box yet?
    I tried to reach out via email to NRB about cancelling my subscription back in early June. I've followed up three times since then, and not a word. I then found out about the health issues they were dealing with, so gave them the benefit of the doubt, and more time. Since asking to cancel on June 3rd, I have been charged for two additional boxes, and haven't received a word in reply. I like the boxes, and am fine with waiting a bit longer for them when something like that comes up, but I think honoring a cancellation request is different. Was hoping I could continue with my subscription in the fall, but with this kind of frustration, I'm not sure I will. Anybody else having/had similar problems?
    The last update I received was that they would start shipping June boxes last Monday the 9th. The July boxes are ready and should ship immediately after.

They've had other complaints about not honoring cancellation requests.

If you are paying by PayPal, you can simply cancel the recurring payment. I'm sure you could cancel with your bank or credit card company as well.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No offense, but they seem to be a LOT OF HASSLE, despite the messages and apologies that they left those past months...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I think people should cancel their subscriptions before they get really screwed over.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I tried to reach out via email to NRB about cancelling my subscription back in early June. I've followed up three times since then, and not a word.
    If you are paying by PayPal, you can simply cancel the recurring payment. I'm sure you could cancel with your bank or credit card company as well.
    You can even dispute the charge with PayPal. I’ve only done it once but it worked and it was a similar situation. Company was unresponsive to my emails and calls. Less than a week after I opened the case, I received the package.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...ion-resolution
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Who is the vendor?

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Who is the vendor?
    My PayPal transaction with them lists the merchant as “The Nocturnal Reader's Box.”

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not Cratejoy?

My Mood
    Chatty

Not for me at least. I only ordered a shirt though so maybe they’re using different vendor names for subscriptions.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not Cratejoy?
    The Nocturnal Reader's Box is what my receipts say.

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all, for the advice. Just went into PayPal and noticed the "manage nocturnal reader's box payments" option when I clicked on today's transaction. From there, you can cancel the recurring payments. And yes, RF, looks like the vendor is Cratejoy.
    So, I guess that's my error? Should have known to do that back when I politely emailed them and asked to cancel? Would have really appreciated a response pointing me in the right direction though. I think it's just as easy for them to cancel my subscription as it is for me to do so, especially since I didn't know how to begin with.

Country
    Country Flag

They don't appear to be a part of Cratejoy anymore.

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm. When I canceled the subscription just now, it listed cratejoy as the merchant. Maybe just for the subscription service? Not sure if it's the same, say, for the King box I ordered.

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm. When I canceled the subscription just now, it listed cratejoy as the merchant. Maybe just for the subscription service? Not sure if it's the same, say, for the King box I ordered.
    I think that it depends where/when you purchased from them. My subscription (since canceled) and the individual purchase of the King book all have The Nocturnal Reader's Box as merchant. I've purchased directly from TNRB. I think at some point they were members of Cratejoy and those who first purchased at that time will see Cratejoy as the merchant even though they are no longer a part of Cratejoy. I'm just guessing though.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hearing people have been charged for August and still haven't received June's.

What a fucking joke.

The guys are just having a laugh. Lying, abusive emails, blocking customers to censor negative feedback and charging three months without delivering a product.

Who is still supporting them???

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm hearing people have been charged for August and still haven't received June's.

What a fucking joke.

The guys are just having a laugh. Lying, abusive emails, blocking customers to censor negative feedback and charging three months without delivering a product.

Yeah, I'm a little put out by the whole thing, and I'm not a confrontational person by nature. The thing that gets me is I still haven't heard a word back. Basically 6 weeks of polite communications through various channels and not a single response.

Country
    Country Flag

What a fucking joke.

Yeah, I'm a little put out by the whole thing, and I'm not a confrontational person by nature. The thing that gets me is I still haven't heard a word back. Basically 6 weeks of polite communications through various channels and not a single response.
    They could at least reply. That isn't asking too much.

Vincent is also a member here now. He hasn't posted since May 20 though.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What a fucking joke.

I heard a little rumor he only joined here on the advice of another publisher to come and apologise publicly, to try and make amends for the shit storm he'd created. I for one don't believe he really meant his "apology". I think it was a business decision to try it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What a fucking joke.

I heard a little rumor he only joined here on the advice of another publisher to come and apologise publicly, to try and make amends for the shit storm he'd created. I for one don't believe he really meant his "apology". I think it was a business decision to try it.
    FWIW he donated around $800+ to the fundraiser right around the time of his joining here and apologizing. At the time I felt like "Okay, everybody gets a second chance" and he seemed sincere, dealing with some issues and wanted to right the train on the track.

2 months later and no communication or reversal of business practices and its hard to continue to be patient. I think he was initially sinvere in wanting to do the right thing, but obviously he and his crew are still dealing with some major issues. FWIW I totally understand the recent general feelings of the members here stated above. I mean just how much rope do you expect paying customers to allow, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I think he's struggling and he's just trying to fight through the demons without letting the business slide. But the business has a deadline every month. It's a business that can't just be paused. Unless he boxes up the subscriptions 6 months in advance, he has to hustle to stay ahead of the next deadline. And he's dropping balls. It's like that I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel are both working the candy conveyor belt but the candy is coming out too fast for them to keep up. I know I'm old.

I don't think he wants to admit defeat so he soldiers on. He's a military guy and defeat might have been written out of him. I don't think any of this is what he wants or planned. I don't think he's laughing at the subscribers and being evasive out of contempt. I think he's rushing through to keep afloat but he's just not ready to really come back--with his illness and the new baby. I'm not carrying his water or defending NRB. I get why people are pissed after paying for three months and getting nothing.

NRB needs to ship June, July, August, and the King box and then maybe take a month or two off to completely retool. Hire a customer service rep to update people. At this point, I don't know. I think the trust is broken for a lot of customers. I wonder how many active subscribers remain. I wonder how many will come back.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

NRB needs to ship June, July, August, and the King box and then maybe take a month or two off to completely retool. Hire a customer service rep to update people. At this point, I don't know. I think the trust is broken for a lot of customers. I wonder how many active subscribers remain. I wonder how many will come back.
    And all of what I wrote is just my guess. I don't know what Vincent is going through. I just know that if I had only so much energy or attention, I'd prioritize getting the boxes out over responding to social media comments. Vincent has said that June and July boxes are done and ready to go. So that leaves August and King.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got a shipping notice.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I remember hearing he made a donation to this year's fundraiser, and obviously that was a great gesture.

But

We all know the fundraiser has been supported by other publishers over the years, and not out of some attempt to appease their potential customer base. IMO, that was just another business decision to try and buy some goodwill. If he wasn't having the issues he had, I don't believe he would have made that donation.

Who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong and be a regular supporter in future years. I won't hold my breath for that however.

And full disclaimer, no I didn't donate this year. So yes Vincent has one up on me in that regard....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast