Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my refund.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I was refunded for July and August. Waiting on my King box refund.

Traveler anrfreelance will become famous soon enough

To my knowledge (and what several other fans have told me online), he stopped responding to any inquiries for refund or 'refuting/delaying' anything as he'd been doing before. Now he's just letting it go the full amount of time allowed by Paypal and then they're finding on the side of the buyers in every case and automatically issuing the refunds. He's stopped fighting it, but he's also not doing anything to expedite the process. On a more personal note, I think he's either in the process of filing for bankruptcy or he's gone into complete shutdown mode; a Paypal rep informed me that his account is severely in bad standing with them and they're just taking the funds to reimburse his customers no matter how in the 'red' it may put his own account. His last email update was about how they'd do refunds IF there was enough money to cover them all, but Paypal is covering them whether he has the funds or not and then they'll come after him. So I hope all the people still waiting get theirs; the Paypal rep told me they're finding in everyone's favor since his case is so blatant and he's not bothering to respond to their inquiries.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

My credit card company has refunded me fully.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

There was a little Instagram drama going on.

Vincent kept it classy as we've come to expect.

a.gram.instantly: Let's see where the wheel lands tonight on Vincent Picks a Scapegoat.

vinnychaos@a.gram.instantly: hey Keith, go fuck yourself. I think thats where the wheel landed.

thischarmingmom@vinnychaos: So professional, as always.

vinnychaos@thischarmingmom: I dont have a business anymore so I don't give a fuck what you think!

thischarmingmom@vinnychaos: And this right here is exactly why you don’t have that business anymore.

a.gram.instantlyHaha.: Solid comedy gold, as usually vinny. Did you kiss the "owner of horror bees" with that mouth, you lying, petulant, narcissistic little bitch.

There is also another post from Christopher Payne (JournalStone Publishers):

The Horror Bees - Nocturnal Reader's Box saga is getting more sordid as the days pass by. Six different publishers have now contacted me and informed me that Vincent did the same thing to them as he did to me. I'm the lucky winner that he owes the most to, but these other publishers are owed a lot of money as well.

As I add it up it appears that Vincent (The Horror Bees and The Nocturnal Readers Box) has stolen over $100k worth of merchandise so far this year. Not a small amount of money and worth telling your friends about. I would stay away from these two companies and my condolences to everyone that has been cheated by Vincent.

I'm not sure if or when a single individual has hurt the horror industry more than Vincent has. It will be a struggle for a lot of us to maintain the same level of service having had Vincent steal so much from us. I wish everyone luck in keeping things going. Vincent has truly impacted this genre in a very negative way.

Also, it's been discovered that the Brian Keene pin was made from copyrighted art available on Shutterstock. Who thinks Vincent bothered paying for the art?

Robert McCammon and Bracken MacLeod also had their intellectual property stolen by Vincent.

Brian Keene had more to say about this debacle on his podcast #187 @ 10:25.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A girl on Goodreads said that even though she cancelled her subscription in March, she was charged $134 this weekend by NRB. I wonder if this saga will ever end.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    A girl on Goodreads said that even though she cancelled her subscription in March, she was charged $134 this weekend by NRB. I wonder if this saga will ever end.
    My Credit Card company blocked them from charging me once I filed a dispute.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are several people who had their card charged even though they cancelled months ago. The charges were mostly over $100. They were not automatic charges. They were manually entered charges. Several people have filed criminal complaints against Vincent.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    There are several people who had their card charged even though they cancelled months ago. The charges were mostly over $100. They were not automatic charges. They were manually entered charges. Several people have filed criminal complaints against Vincent.
    Didn't think it was an accident. I'm glad people are filing charges.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

My refunds for July and Aug came through, and my cc gave me a conditional refund for the King box. Vincent has until Oct 20 to dispute it, but if they don't hear from him they'll rule in my favor. So I assume it'll be fine, but I won't be content until that date passes.

So if Vincent files for bankruptcy, what's going to happen to Horror Bees? Also have those packages even been sent out yet? They seemed to get really quite. I'll be surprised if anything ever comes out of that company.

Has anyone signed up for Journal Stones new box they're putting together. Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to splurge and order their Oct box.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    My refunds for July and Aug came through, and my cc gave me a conditional refund for the King box. Vincent has until Oct 20 to dispute it, but if they don't hear from him they'll rule in my favor. So I assume it'll be fine, but I won't be content until that date passes.

So if Vincent files for bankruptcy, what's going to happen to Horror Bees? Also have those packages even been sent out yet? They seemed to get really quite. I'll be surprised if anything ever comes out of that company.

Has anyone signed up for Journal Stones new box they're putting together. Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to splurge and order their Oct box.
    I saw where Christopher was talking about putting one out. I don't see it on JournalStone.com. Do you have a link?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow. Unbelievable.

I wonder why he would do this, though. I mean, he's obviously using the money to pay off the older disputes, but what will that ultimately buy him? Is there some advantage to having newer debts vs older debts in a bankruptcy situation?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Wow. Unbelievable.

I wonder why he would do this, though. I mean, he's obviously using the money to pay off the older disputes, but what will that ultimately buy him? Is there some advantage to having newer debts vs older debts in a bankruptcy situation?

HBJ
    He might be using the money to pay his monthly bills.

In bankruptcy there is an advantage to a secured debt over an unsecured debt. There is no advantage to a new debt compare to an old one.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I saw where Christopher was talking about putting one out. I don't see it on JournalStone.com. Do you have a link?
    https://twitterstone.com/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Thanks, Jeff.

Is there a coupon? (rubbing palms together emoji)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Wow. Unbelievable.

HBJ
    If you log into your account on the NRB website you can remove your credit card. This will hopefully stop any future charge attempts.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jeff.

Is there a coupon? (rubbing palms together emoji)
    Not that I'm aware. Personally, I'm done with subscription boxes. And grab bags.

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I'm done with subscription boxes. And grab bags.
    Say it ain't so!

What about the Suntup subscription box? I hear it comes with Kool-Aid

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Say it ain't so!

And a payment plan.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Say it ain't so!

And a payment plan.
    And a free E-Meter reading. You know... to see if you’re a good fit.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Not that I'm aware. Personally, I'm done with subscription boxes. And grab bags.
    I don't blame you. Unless this box is amazing I'm most likely done as well. I didn't originally plan on ordering it, but someone in the NRB fb group has been raving about how good it's going to be so I got super curious about and decided to give it a go. And the good thing is that it's not a recurring charge.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't blame you. Unless this box is amazing I'm most likely done as well. I didn't originally plan on ordering it, but someone in the NRB fb group has been raving about how good it's going to be so I got super curious about and decided to give it a go. And the good thing is that it's not a recurring charge.
    I saw that too and was thinking about it, but ultimately decided no. I'm over the boxes. I'd like to see how it goes for you, Heather!

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I almost jumped at it too, because of the admin who was raving about it. AND I think one of the books was supposed to be in the July NRB box so it would have been like closure to finally get something I was supposed to get from NRB. But I just don't need to put random books on my TBR pile to the tune of $516 a year when there are Suntup books to buy. Even though it's not a recurring charge and they're only going to be going out every two months, I'm just changing things up and not spending money on guesses anymore. I loved grab bags and the NRB boxes a little too much.

Country
    Country Flag

I saw that too and was thinking about it, but ultimately decided no. I'm over the boxes. I'd like to see how it goes for you, Heather!
    YES. I do want to know what's in that box! Hope you love it.

Thanks, I hope it's a good one. I'll let you guys know what's in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast