Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Bill, I remember hearing he made a donation to this year's fundraiser, and obviously that was a great gesture.

But

We all know the fundraiser has been supported by other publishers over the years, and not out of some attempt to appease their potential customer base. IMO, that was just another business decision to try and buy some goodwill. If he wasn't having the drainage has, I don't believe he would have made that donation.

Who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong and be a regular supporter in future years. I won't hold my breath for that however.

And full disclaimer, no I didn't donate this year. So yes Vincent has one up on me in that regard....
    James,

I think you need to re-read my post. I didn't disagree with you. I just stated some facts. Also a fact is that they are seemingly out to lunch regarding their customers. That is not cool at all.

His motives for a sizable donation and actually the donation itself are irrelevant where it concerns his ability to deliver and communicate with his paying customers. Lurkers, post aside.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all,
    Just a little update from my end. Received a shipping confirmation today for June, and a nice message from them honoring my cancellation request from a while back. Looks like they are trying to get things back on track.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Bill, I remember hearing he made a donation to this year's fundraiser, and obviously that was a great gesture.

But

We all know the fundraiser has been supported by other publishers over the years, and not out of some attempt to appease their potential customer base. IMO, that was just another business decision to try and buy some goodwill. If he wasn't having the drainage has, I don't believe he would have made that donation.

Who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong and be a regular supporter in future years. I won't hold my breath for that however.

And full disclaimer, no I didn't donate this year. So yes Vincent has one up on me in that regard....
    James,

I think you need to re-read my post. I didn't disagree with you. I just stated some facts. Also a fact is that they are seemingly out to lunch regarding their customers. That is not cool at all.

His motives for a sizable donation and actually the donation itself are irrelevant where it concerns his ability to deliver and communicate with his paying customers. Lurkers, post aside.
    I wasn't arguing with you either Bill. Just carrying on the discussion of the fundraiser donation and adding my 2c on that topic.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Latest email to his victims, I mean customers:

##############

June/July

Ok, so June is gone.

Not sure what you want from me to prove it to you, but its gone. Its pretty difficult getting back to where I need to be mentally when I am just being berated and being called a liar. I know most don't care because we are a business and you want what you paid for, but it helps absolutely nothing.

I am trying my damndest to get these boxes out to you as fast as I can and its really getting annoying to see, "I have been patient enough, now its not scanning, you never shipped it!" That insane! I don't understand how getting a tracking number could have the opposite effect. You get a tracking number and it won't update and now people are even more rude than before.

Here is the process:

The warehouse is only so big
    -One month will get staged. All the tables set up again, and boxes lined up on the wall and under the tables. We usually line up 10-12 items per box.
    -The art and the pins are prepped (put into sleeves and backing)
    -We build the boxes and pass off the boxes so each area can have an item put in...This was BEFORE, we only have 3 people right now and are working on hiring more, so we are all walking down and putting items in which is much more time consuming.
    -Boxes are taped and labels are placed.
    -They are then put into large gaylord boxes and are shrinkwrapped.
    -This is done currently 19-22 times based on if we use the larger box.

By the time we are done, all the tables have to be put up and everything get moved out of the way because the pallets take up all the space.

We call to have the freight picked up, and then it is shipped to the nearest sorting facility. They will unpack it and scan each in and then it goes where it needs to go.

We have no control at this point what they do or how long they take.

Do you want me to to wait until they are scanned in before sending the tracking? Last time I did that people didn't like it, now I send it when it leaves, and it doesn't scan in fast enough and people call us liars. Which one is it?

People, I am in the process of catching up. I am only one person, you either want me to get the boxes out faster or be on the computer writing emails. I have tried to take a day or two to get back to answering messages and emails, but again, I only have so much time. I've already explained that we are hiring others, but I can't really do that with how much we are doing each day.

So July is being staged on the tables. Thats where we are at with that. Also for some that are saying that they didn't get tracking numbers, if you ordered in June, then you got a July box, not June. So you won't get a tracking number yet.If you order a June box and didn't get a tracking number, try your spam and email us if you can't find it.

PLEASE, so I don't get a bunch of hate mail, don't take this as hostile. Its not. Its written in haste so I can get back to work. Also, I will not be accepting any incessant posts on our page. If you have a question, ask it and I will try to get back to you within 48hrs. If you just want to demean us or call us liars, you will be deleted and blocked.

King Box production update

I was working on getting an update for tomorrow, but as of now the dies are in we are just waiting on production. Anyone who has ever gotten a custom book knows that this is how it works, but for those that don't, we are just waiting on production to be done. Its a highly custom book so its no easy feat and takes time. Its a preorder, so those messages asking why it hasn't come yet, thats why.

PLEASE. IF YOU NEED HELP, THE SUPPORT IS HERE! IF YOU ARE THINKING OF ENDING THINGS, I PROMISE YOU, THERE IS A WAY OUT OF DARKNESS AND THAT IS NOT IT.

TO THOSE WHO WANT TO HELP OTHERS, THIS IS A VOLUNTEER CHARITY THAT YOU CAN DONATE TO TO HELP OUT. JUST SOMETHING TO CONSIDER.

https://afsp.org
    Subscribe Now

view this email in your browser
    Copyright © *2018 The Nocturnal Reader's Box

Our Email Address:
    admin@thenocturnalreadersbox.com

Want to change how you receive these emails?
    You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

############

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have a dog in this fight but, wouldn't it just be best to cancel and move on if one isn't happy? I guess there is a problem with that end of it too from what I've been reading. I'm assuming the refund process is a PITA as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Same as Brian. I don't have a horse in this race but if you are not happy try to work on a refund or dispute. The above email seems to address some concerns but shows a customer care attitude similar as before. People spend money for a service or good. When you don't get the appropriate return on your transaction it is reasonable to expect the consumer to be upset.

I can tell you I have cancelled a fair share of ordered books/products because of exceptionally long delays. The cancellation were all with companies that had questionable customer service. Slow responses, no responses, rude responses, etc. There is only one small press company that I feel okay with longer delays and that is due to their exceptional customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I don't have a dog in this fight but, wouldn't it just be best to cancel and move on if one isn't happy? I guess there is a problem with that end of it too from what I've been reading. I'm assuming the refund process is a PITA as well.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    There is only one small press company that I feel okay with longer delays and that is due to their exceptional customer service.
    We probably all know who you speak of and it's an invaluable resource for any company. Probably even more so for a smaller business.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So has anyone here actually received June yet? I've emailed them but the only thing I've heard is the latest generic email to everyone about it still not being shipped? Now they're talking about increasing the shipping costs so people get it quicker, but why not refund our shipping since it's their fault it's so late. It's beyond annoying at this point.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So has anyone here actually received June yet? I've emailed them but the only thing I've heard is the latest generic email to everyone about it still not being shipped? Now they're talking about increasing the shipping costs so people get it quicker, but why not refund our shipping since it's their fault it's so late. It's beyond annoying at this point.
    The story is that the shipping company lost a pallet. Some boxes were delivered and some were not.

They supposedly found the pallet and will ship the boxes. If that doesn't happen then he'll have to issue refunds. To get a full refund you're probably going to have to make some noise.

Yesterday's newsletter...
    Spoiler:

UPDATE
    So as an update to the previous newsletter, this is what I have found out. The BOL shows that the pallets have made it back to the sorting facility. I was told that they will be scanned in by tomorrow. Now...I have been told this before, but we have a pending claim filed that begins on Friday. So if they do not have them shipped by then, they are being charged for the full cost of the boxes. We will then be getting them back and offering refunds where possible.

I know this doesn't fix anything just yet again. I know a bunch have received their boxes a while ago, but for those still waiting for June, I promise that we will do what we can afford to do to make it right. Whether it be a partial refund, discounted future boxes, or some other measure not yet discussed.

I understand that there are some who are filing disputes, and that is your prerogative, but just know that our Terms of Service are clear on this. These are the terms that you digitally sign when checking out. I promise that this is in place not to screw anyone over, but because we have already used your funds to purchase your goods. Meaning that if you dispute, that money comes from my families pocket. Yes they are extremely late, and we are working on this, but we cannot be responsible for the fees that you will undoubtably pay for filing a fraudulent dispute.

Again, thanks for those who have stuck with us, we appreciate it and for those who haven't we wholeheartedly understand and appreciate you giving us a chance through this incredibly difficult time. We have hired a few extra people to help and hope to have everything back on track very very soon!

-Vincent
    July
    July is packed. We got the initial rate for our size and weight of our boxes from UPS and the rate is about $1.85 more than it is currently. I think for most Priority from USPS would suffice instead, but nonetheless, we are working on getting a quote from them on freight shipping as well. This should take no more than a few days to negotiate, and a day or so to create a test label to get us in the system to ship. August is almost all in, we made a minor change to one item and had it remade...so it will be available soon.

KING BOX
    We are working with the publisher to try and speed up production. We should actually have some images for you soon. The early copies will be heading out to the artist in the next couple weeks for remarques, and I will finish my order for the slipcases for those that want them. I will have a mock up of those in the next week or so as well.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so glad I unsubscribed after the King box was ordered as this is a gigantic clusterF. I don't even care about the King box anymore, I wish I could get my $85 back but that's not going to happen. The "slipcases" he mentions are only for certain people/long time subscribers so he's picking and choosing who gets those. Who gets the remarques? My question is this: if he can afford slipcases and remarques for special people why can't he afford refunds? Or anything else for that matter? There's an Unofficial NRB group on FB that I've been following and someone asked if maybe they should just skip Sept. and regroup and part of Vincent's reply stated that "we thought about it but we need to eat" Um, okay? Really? With their lousy customer service I can't begin to guess how much longer they're going to last.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Yesterday's newsletter...
    He could’ve issued all the requested refunds in the time it took him to write that newsletter.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m not sure I understand what’s going on with the missing June boxes. Mine didn’t arrive either. Are they actually going to send them to us? Otherwise only a partial refund for something we didn’t receive?? This doesn’t make any sense to me.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am in it for four boxes (June, July Aug & SK) and at this point I consider it a sunk cost. if something comes in great, if not, lesson learned. I doubt refunds would be given.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I’m not sure I understand what’s going on with the missing June boxes. Mine didn’t arrive either. Are they actually going to send them to us? Otherwise only a partial refund for something we didn’t receive?? This doesn’t make any sense to me.
    Vincent says that DHL lost a pallet of boxes. DHL now says that they found the pallet. They haven't scanned in the boxes yet though so Vincent isn't certain that they have actually found the pallet. He has a claim in for this. The claim will take time. He's hoping they found the pallet and everything will ship. If they haven't he is aware that people will want refunds. He's hoping you'll take future discounts, or a partial refund and future discounts as a refund, since full refunds would be expensive for him.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Couldn’t believe that part about it costing his family money. Pretty damn unprofessional to go there imo. Welcome to the world of business, dude. Sometimes you lose money.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Couldn’t believe that part about it costing his family money. Pretty damn unprofessional to go there imo. Welcome to the world of business, dude. Sometimes you lose money.
    A-freakin-men. And I do not want to hear about his PTSD anymore either. Feed his family? What about your loyal subscribers who have their own families to feed?
    It's not my place to call out someone or speculate but since he has put it out there numerous times himself I don't feel so bad. As a vet myself who now works at a VA if you are in as bad of shape as you claim to be, being in the hospital etc, then you can get VA disability which pays a very nice sum I might add. IF he is getting that on top of the payments for boxes he should have no worries about feeding his family.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    A-freakin-men. And I do not want to hear about his PTSD anymore either. Feed his family? What about your loyal subscribers who have their own families to feed?
    It's not my place to call out someone or speculate but since he has put it out there numerous times himself I don't feel so bad. As a vet myself who now works at a VA if you are in as bad of shape as you claim to be, being in the hospital etc, then you can get VA disability which pays a very nice sum I might add. IF he is getting that on top of the payments for boxes he should have no worries about feeding his family.
    I have two neighbors who receive checks as military disabled due to PTSD. They both get good checks. They also get paid to go to school.

It took a while for them to receive the benefits and they have limits on income to continue to receive benefits.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This whole thing is a mess. I'd like to hear from someone that has actually received a June box, because I have yet to meet one and I'm wondering if it's all a hoax. Their business dealings are so shady at this point. I completely forgot to cancel before Aug was charged, so I'm hopefully cancelled now. But I'm waiting on 4 boxes which who knows if I'll ever see them. The one thing I've been very confused about is what someone above has stated, why are they not holding off on a box for a month or two until they get all caught up. At this point how will they? And how are they going to keep customers like this?

I was also very confused by that last line about the discount/refund. Why would we not get a full refund for something we didn't receive? So be it if it comes out of their pocket. Not to be mean but you can't expect your customers to pay for something they didn't get. I already want a refund on the shipping portion of my box (if it actually arrives ). And as for disgruntled customers, it's going to happen, and it's probably going to get worse. I thought I was actually very patient about the whole thing, until it's been almost a month since they sent my tracking but nothing has arrived. Sorry just needed to rant.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a note from my doctor, the cheques in the mail (the shipping company excuse) and I'm so crap at setting a profit margin on my prices that 100% of what you pay me goes in to my cost of goods sold, so when I have to refund you, that comes from my family's savings that have nothing to do with this business.

Did I miss anything?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"...fraudulent dispute....", if you don't deliver on your promise how is that fraudulent? And if you get a refund, is he not allowed to sell it to someone else? How is that taking money out of his pocket, if its a good product he should be able to sell it to someone else.

I ordered the SL book, but I am not getting any of these updates. I guess he only communicates via FB or a newsletter?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These guys are sunk.

Presumably the news of the SK box brought them a number of new orders and new subscriptions, which means an injection of capital. But at this point they are probably losing as many or more subscriptions every month then they are gaining, because the buzz of the SK box has worn off, along with the jump in subscriptions, and many subscribers are very reasonably unsubscribing. Plus it’s hard to get new subscribers when you are several months behind on shipping products that people have already paid for.

If, after that influx of cash, they are unable to fulfill even their most basic obligations (their regularly scheduled boxes, which should have been produced and paid for in advance), and considering that unsubscribing usually still costs you a monthly box (unless you time it right), they are in a hole that is getting deeper and there is no single box that is going to bail them out...

So, for the people saying that they should take a month off to recoup – they probably can’t. It’s pretty clear that what’s going on here is not a time issue, but a money issue. Yes, the scope of this project is not small, but if you as an individual spent 4 hours per day preparing boxes very carefully, how many boxes could you prepare? What if you spent 8 or 12 hours preparing boxes (also, 8 or 12 hour days are not unexpected when you own or are starting your own business)? What if you had help?

Let’s not forget about this gem:

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Finally got a response from NRB. Are these people like 5 years old? and they have the audacity to call me childish!

Quote Originally Posted by NRB
    I had already apologized to those involved, and the wording was loose because we we're still waiting to hear back. Nothing was trying to deliberately decieve anyone. We were told by his agent that he was pushing for a few hundred, which seemed like a good sign. It didn't happen. I wanted to make sure that collectors DID have a chance to get a signed one if we got them. Had I not said anything, people would have been upset also. Turns out we are getting 38 books signed and the pages are on their way to the binder now, but NONE of you will get one. You and the others that whined about it, should be aware that I was trying to give you a chance to get a rare collectible, but it didnt work out.

Next time you won't get a chance. Because of your childish behavior.

You are not going to insult me or my company and say, now refund me even though I digitally signed a contract. No, not happening. Good luck. I hope you file a dispute so I can get more from you.

And don't try and tell me how to run my business. Where's your book? Where's your special editions you are putting out? How many books have you gotten signed? I didnt think so.

Continue to dwell on the bad instead of what I was trying to do for you. And no, I don't need you. When our lettered and numbered editions are done next year, I guarantee you someone will buy them. I will make sure that you don't get one, serious collector.

Oh and I have 22 lettered editions and 28 numbered, 15 hand signed first. Thats Just from SK. Again, I was trying to help you people out, but you shit on it, so it will be the last time.
    Maybe he can sell his 22 lettered, 28 numbered, and 15 signed firsts in order to right his company or feed his family.

I have refrained from commenting on this the entire time because I’m not a subscriber and didn’t want to pile on a person who is clearly going through some personal and business-related problems, but I’m only so perfect and this is the internet.

And I really do feel bad for both the subscribers who are being let down, and for the person who dedicated probably too much of his income/savings to start this company, only to see it slowly die. In fact, I would much prefer a world in which interesting book-related ventures thrive and bring profit to their creators, and I actively support many of these efforts. If their ‘Salem’s Lot makes it to market, I’ll probably buy a copy at a mark-up. If they manage to stay afloat through 2018, I’ll get a subscription to support them. I genuinely wish them the best of luck, but it really doesn’t look good right now.

Probably the best course of action for them is to abandon the whole effort and let people arbitrate. They can still write off all of their costs, and if you file a complaint then they at most will return some fraction of what you've spent - there is no way they will pay "damages". And there will be a number of people who will consider this a sunk cost (which is not unreasonable) and who they will not have to reimburse.

However, it seems more likely (because this is in part a labor of love, which tugs at my heart strings (not being sarcastic)) that they will continue to take subscription fees and continue to promise boxes, in the hopes that subscriptions will magically soar and that all these problems will be accounted for in the future. I really, really hope for them and for their subscribers that this is the case and that it works out, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Sorry, all

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I have received my June box.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Can you show us the contents?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

If I remember correctly you need a third party host for you images to post them here so I can't do that.

I have a collector's thread at the Cemetery Dance Forum so I will get photo's posted there. It may take me until Saturday morning but I will get them up and post a link here.

I will list out the contents:
    New Release: The Gathering Dark by Christopher Golden
    Previous Release: I am Providence by Nick Mamatas
    White T-Shirt inspired by Joe Hill's The Fireman
    Pin featuring 'The Long Walker' from Nick Cutters Little Heaven
    A pair of sunglasses inspired by Mary Shelley's The Last Man
    A water bottle inspired by Positive by David Wellington
    The art print was missing in my box, I have notified NRB and they will be sending it.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

If I remember correctly you need a third party host for you images to post them here so I can't do that.

I have a collector's thread at the Cemetery Dance Forum so I will get photo's posted there. It may take me until Saturday morning but I will get them up and post a link here.

I will list out the contents:
    New Release: The Gathering Dark by Christopher Golden
    Previous Release: I am Providence by Nick Mamatas
    White T-Shirt inspired by Joe Hill's The Fireman
    Pin featuring 'The Long Walker' from Nick Cutters Little Heaven
    A pair of sunglasses inspired by Mary Shelley's The Last Man
    A water bottle inspired by Positive by David Wellington
    The art print was missing in my box, I have notified NRB and they will be sending it.
    When did you get yours?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast