Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    This is just a nightmare for hundreds of people.
    Agreed. I hope everyone (here, if not everywhere) can get their refund through their CC company or PayPal.

I really wish they had just stopped taking money after June, and given themselves a few months to catch up and try to recuperate or call it quits. It would have been better for the customers and themselves because now they're going to be in way more debt than was ever possible to come out of and could even be investigated for fraud.
    I don't think stopping new subscriptions after June, even for just a few months, was ever an option. It's pretty clear that Vincent is using the money that comes in every month not just to pay for that box, but to support his family that month. If there hadn't been a new box announced every month, and no new payments coming in each month, the company would have run out of money very quickly, due to family expenses.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you read their current disclaimer on web page?

"Disclaimer: We are currently about 3 weeks behind and while we have very very limited quantities of September available, we feel that its necessary to let you know. We are currently working as fast as possible to get caught up and it is our goal to have September shipped during the second week of Sept. Instead of the first."

DUH? What about July or August?

I'm not sure who you report a Ponzi scheme to.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

I really wish they had just stopped taking money after June, and given themselves a few months to catch up and try to recuperate or call it quits. It would have been better for the customers and themselves because now they're going to be in way more debt than was ever possible to come out of and could even be investigated for fraud.
    I don't think stopping new subscriptions after June, even for just a few months, was ever an option. It's pretty clear that Vincent is using the money that comes in every month not just to pay for that box, but to support his family that month. If there hadn't been a new box announced every month, and new payments coming in each month, the company would have run out of money very quickly, due to family expenses.

HBJ
    But that's kind of my point. With getting behind wouldn't taking more money from people put you even further behind and out more money? How can you get ahead in a situation like that. And people aren't going to continue to let NRB charge them months in advance with a slight possibility of maybe receiving a box months later. Which is why a lot of people started to bail. Just not sure how they ever thought they could catch up as it was becoming clear with how far behind they were falling. I think it's insane that they even charged people for Sept. As for the new disclaimer, I'd be shocked if they even have anything for that box on hand or ordered yet. The Aug box seems to be completely forgotten about.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

From EBAY

Mickol
    02:43 PM
    The cases are already escalated when they were filed. You are covered under buyer protection. We will help get both cases resolved. You will not be out the funds. I will note each case and get this submitted to review for you.

Mickol
    02:45 PM
    I will also have their account reviewed.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    From EBAY

Mickol
    The cases are already escalated when they were filed. You are covered under buyer protection. We will help get both cases resolved. You will not be out the funds. I will note each case and get this submitted to review for you.

Mickol
    EBAY or PayPal?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    From EBAY

Mickol

Mickol
    EBAY or PayPal?
    Paypal!!!! Sorry.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    But that's kind of my point. With getting behind wouldn't taking more money from people put you even further behind and out more money?
    Not necessarily. If you can increase the margin on future boxes, you might get enough revenue to pay for your expenses (including the price of each month's box), and have enough left over to gradually dig yourself out of the hole.

So September's subs can pay for shipping on June and July boxes, October subs can pay for the August box and some toward the September box, November subs can pay for the rest of September boxes and almost all of October boxes, etc.

And people aren't going to continue to let NRB charge them months in advance with a slight possibility of maybe receiving a box months later.
    They might if you have built up enough goodwill, if you insist that the next box is just around the corner, if you make excuses for why they keep getting delayed, and if you plead with people not to cancel. But yes, if people cancel then your revenue dries up and that hole never gets any smaller. That's why Vincent was so distraught when people started cancelling.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You're right, if they approached it in a different way and actually communicated with their customers early on what was going on, then maybe some would have stayed on and continued to support them. I feel like it was a loosing battle for them though.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

To turn it around, they somehow would have had to instantly begin offering more quality, better value, quick/reliable production, better customer service, while doing all of it more cost-efficiently for themselves; this unlikely/impossible scenario is basically the definition of a miracle.

Although it sounds like they've been having trouble for a while, it appears they really shot themselves in the foot, and possibly sealed their fate, by over-promising on the King box; what they probably saw as a desperate shot in the arm just set up a failure on a larger scale.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The fact that they were selling unlicensed material may possibly have contributed to the hole they're in.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The fact that they were selling unlicensed material may possibly have contributed to the hole they're in.
    Undoubtedly. They didn't just fail to profit; they built a bad name for themselves all around.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    This right here. 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Yeah, I dont know how they would have gotten out of it. I really don't think they should have charged anyone for Sept because it must have been very clear on their end that it wasn't going to work. And apparently they've just taken down the King book off their site.

Do you guys think we'll ever hear anything from them again? I know he won't come out and apologize for everything since that's not his personality, but are they just going to disappear? Also whats going on with Horror Bees, are they actaully going ahead with it?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On the advice of someone, I did call them and got the refund for the King books. Awesome. Now waiting til they have given him his response time on the monthly box, but feel like I got the bulk refunded anyway.
    Now, what other books are out there to buy?

Oh, I'm not saying that continuing to take subs was a good or honest strategy. I'm just saying that it was the only way to continue getting any revenue to even have a chance of surviving. Obviously it's not very honest - NRB was essentially stalling for time, making excuses for undelivered boxes until they could get enough new subs to get back out of the red.

The unlicensed material issue may finish them, though.

Ilium (Simmons)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So perhaps Vincent isn't lying (for once) about King not signing based on Vincent prematurely claiming he would be.

Perhaps the violation of principle was Vincent's theft of intellectual property.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So perhaps Vincent isn't lying (for once) about King not signing based on Vincent prematurely claiming he would be.

Perhaps the violation of principle was Vincent's theft of intellectual property.
    Was that known back then though?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post

Was that known back then though?
    Brian Keene talked about Vincent contacting him in March. King refused to sign in April, so it's possible.

Also, that wasn't the first time the NRB contained unlicensed items.

When items were officially licensed NRB would play up that fact. If the item wasn't licensed, they'd say "based on" or similar language.

Country
    Country Flag

Keene's Twitter thread about NRB. He refers to this forum.

The Goodreads thread is interesting too.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Even bill from SP jumped in on Goodreads
    Keene's Twitter thread about NRB. He refers to this forum.

The Goodreads thread is interesting too.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

No wonder they are launching a movie box. They burned their bridges with the authors and the publishers.

Hollywood is usually adamant about copyrights though. I suppose B list horror might not have as much clout, but it still has clout.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Brian Keene podcast was awesome. If you are interested, it starts around the 1 hour mark talking about NRB and lasts for about a half hour. Apparently Vincent feels compelled to treat everyone poorly, not just his subscribers.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn he even calls out DRP. Don't get me wrong I never liked them either but curious what happened to make an author call them out
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    The Brian Keene podcast was awesome. If you are interested, it starts around the 1 hour mark talking about NRB and lasts for about a half hour. Apparently Vincent feels compelled to treat everyone poorly, not just his subscribers.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DRP?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Dark regions press gets called out? What happened?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast