Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So has anyone here actually received June yet? I've emailed them but the only thing I've heard is the latest generic email to everyone about it still not being shipped? Now they're talking about increasing the shipping costs so people get it quicker, but why not refund our shipping since it's their fault it's so late. It's beyond annoying at this point.
    I have received my June box.
    Can you show us the contents?
    If I remember correctly you need a third party host for you images to post them here so I can't do that.

I have a collector's thread at the Cemetery Dance Forum so I will get photo's posted there. It may take me until Saturday morning but I will get them up and post a link here.

I will list out the contents:
    New Release: The Gathering Dark by Christopher Golden
    Previous Release: I am Providence by Nick Mamatas
    White T-Shirt inspired by Joe Hill's The Fireman
    Pin featuring 'The Long Walker' from Nick Cutters Little Heaven
    A pair of sunglasses inspired by Mary Shelley's The Last Man
    A water bottle inspired by Positive by David Wellington
    The art print was missing in my box, I have notified NRB and they will be sending it.
    When did you get yours?
    Last Friday, August 3rd.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I was able to get some quick photo's taken so June's contents are posted here https://forum.cemeterydance.com/show...ed=1#post91505

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Underwhelming.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That t-shirt design is pretty mediocre. There are a number of independent artists on places like Etsy or Redbubble that could have done a superior job.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I was able to get some quick photo's taken so June's contents are posted here https://forum.cemeterydance.com/show...ed=1#post91505
    There is a member gallery on this site if you ever want to take advantage. You can upload pics and then post them in threads anywhere on the forum.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

For anyone following the drama of the lost pallet of boxes by DHL, someone in a FB group is claiming to have spoken directly with DHL who told them their shipping label number is not an active label as it has not been paid for. She was told that anyone can get the labels but until the shipping is paid for, they won't show up in DHLs tracking system.

So NRB is now being accused of lying about the missing pallet of "shipped" boxes, sending out fake shipping label tracking numbers as a stalling tactic, and yet charging people for shipping they haven't incurred.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    For anyone following the drama of the list pallet of boxes by DHL, someone in a FB group is claiming to have spoken directly with DHL who told them their shipping label number is not an active label as it has not been paid for. She was told that anyone can get the labels but until the shipping is paid for, they won't show up in DHLs tracking system.

So NRB is now being accused of lying about the missing pallet of "shipped" boxes, sending out fake shipping label tracking numbers as a stalling tactic, and yet charging people for shipping they haven't incurred.
    I just seen that. I cannot believe it.... wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    For anyone following the drama of the list pallet of boxes by DHL, someone in a FB group is claiming to have spoken directly with DHL who told them their shipping label number is not an active label as it has not been paid for. She was told that anyone can get the labels but until the shipping is paid for, they won't show up in DHLs tracking system.

Holy smokes, if true that’s...yikes. I continue to feel awfully sorry for the folks who have to endure this hassle. I don’t think I’d have the patience for it.

It’s funny, on the same Calvin page, separated by just a few threads, are the NRB and the Suntup threads...just a few threads away from one another, yet each representing the two extreme ends of the customer service spectrum for our genre.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

Holy smokes, if true that’s...yikes. I continue to feel awfully sorry for the folks who have to endure this hassle. I don’t think I’d have the patience for it.

It’s funny, on the same Calvin page, separated by just a few threads, are the NRB and the Suntup threads...just a few threads away from one another, yet each representing the two extreme ends of the customer service spectrum for our genre.
    When I was messaging Vincent, talking about him alienating the collector base he was trying to branch out in to with the signed Salems book, he said something like "when the collectors come up with a collectable book I want to buy, that's when I'll care what they think"

My retort to that was "you mean like the awesome Misery edition from Paul Suntup, a collrctor, that was good enough to actually secure Kings signature?"

As you say, opposite ends of the spectrum.

Country
    Country Flag

As you say, opposite ends of the spectrum.
    Yes, I did say basically that.

There are those who "try" to deliver and those who deliver.

Paul delivers every time while Vincent continues to try.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

M
    This is truly disheartening. If the money is not there to ship the June boxes, our $$ is surely gone and the possibility of the King books getting paid for and shipped is even worse. I would hope there promises would be kept bleeding money and cancelled subscriptions does not seem to be favoring nrb yet

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

People's stories are coming out of the woodworks regarding shipping label issues. This is from a FB member:

"So I wanted to share something that may have been lost in the threads.

In March at the time that the box would normally ship I was sent the NRB tracking email. The tracking number I was sent in March was the same tracking number that I had in February. I have verified this as I keep all my tracking emails.

On March 27th I was sent another tracking number that was different. My box came shortly after that second tracking number was sent. I was given no explanation and at the time I didn't think anything of it. But looking back now...well you can paint the picture.

I didn't have anything weird happen in April and I skipped May. Then the debacle of the "ghost" June boxes.

I just wanted to share that for those that are talking about tracking numbers."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a mess. The most surprising part to me is that there are still people on FB endlessly cheerleading about NRB. Was there kool-aid in an early box that I didn't get...?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    What a mess. The most surprising part to me is that there are still people on FB endlessly cheerleading about NRB. Was there kool-aid in an early box that I didn't get...?
    Yes. And no sugar/sweetener.

Ever try Kool Aid straight? Even the cyanide doesn't help the flavor.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Ever try Kool Aid straight? Even the cyanide doesn't help the flavor.
    It does make it so you don't mind so much though.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I have to say that up until now I was willing to accept that NRB was trying their honest best, and that these problems were the result of a combination of inexperience and misfortune.

It's getting harder to be skeptical of dishonest intent now, though. Perhaps caused by inexperience and misfortune, but still ...
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I have to say that up until now I was willing to accept that NRB was trying their honest best, and that these problems were the result of a combination of inexperience and misfortune.

It's getting harder to doubt that there's no dishonest intent now, though. Perhaps caused by inexperience and misfortune, but still ...
    I believe he's probably used this shipping label stalling tactic in the past on a smaller scale and gotten away with it. Now he's had a big delay and had 100's of people complaining, he's tried to use it on a larger scale and been busted.

Country
    Country Flag

There have been complaints about the shipping on multiple occasions.

It is always the shipping company's fault.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dumb question, but do we know how much money they had given to the fundraiser? Because, if significant, they should have kept it to deal with their own customer.
    And even dumber question, now that all of that comes to the surface. Are we sure that their money cleared up? No issues from that?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Dumb question, but do we know how much money they had given to the fundraiser? Because, if significant, they should have kept it to deal with their own customer.
    And even dumber question, now that all of that comes to the surface. Are we sure that their money cleared up? No issues from that?
    I think Bill mentioned $800 or something around that amount upthread.

In one of his messages to Simon, didn't he say he owned 22 Lettereds, 28 numbered and a heap of signed firsts. Maybe he should be selling those to support his family instead of guilting his customers who are requesting refunds.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone posted this video on YouTube as an account of what's been going on. I haven't watched it yet as on my way to work.

https://youtu.be/bpyGq0xwO1o

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't want to view 41 minutes. I watched a few minutes and then paused to plan my funeral. I would be dead at the end had I viewed it all. Does this guy understand that even though he has interesting things to say, none are worthy of such time. He could have/should have edited it down to ~6 minutes.

Country
    Country Flag

Someone posted this video on YouTube as an account of what's been going on. I haven't watched it yet as on my way to work.

I'm watching it. He's reading the various email and newsletter statements from NRB.

He links to Simon's review on his Twitter feed.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

I'm watching it. He's reading the various email and newsletter statements from NRB.

He links to Simon's review on his Twitter feed.

I'm waiting for the extended director's cut. Rumor has it, there's an additional 20 minutes of him reading emails, tweets, Instagrams, and an occasional splash of dashcam footage from Uber and Lift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast