Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The owner clearly has a mental illness and potentially other issues. I feel bad for everyone involved in this mess.

I hope people can somehow recoup their investments into this company.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

heres the whole text of the last email...

The End....

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was over - until I get an email from PP this morning saying that seller cancelled refund and my refund in PP actually had a line through it - this was after I did receive an email which stated NRB authorized reimbursement. So it seems like no matter what that email he sent out said - he is trying to stop payment on current claims....so...

I called PP this morning and then got a call back - woman I spoke with said it was odd - sometimes that means seller doesn't have the funds in their account to make payment - seems logical in this case...but since there was notation that they had authorized reimbursement the woman from PP was able to push the refund through. But it took a phone call. So if you are in the same boat - then you need to call PP and be connected to the disputes department - hopefully they should be able to take care of it.

I got my refund - so I am finally done with this mess
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That newsletter is one of the craziest things I've ever read. You would think if they're closing up shop and ending it, there would be a big thank you to the customers for supporting them along the way, and an apology for it not working out and how sad they are about it. Instead it's a lot of vague comments, blaming of others, and still no proper refund from them, just that you now have to go dispute the charges (and in a very odd way I might add). Also no acknowledgement that the customers have a right to be upset, more that we just need to accept it and move on. Well I'm still waiting on my refund for the King box to go through, and I've seen comments by numerous people on fb that their bank won't refund them since it's been too long for them to dispute. I'm sorry, but coupled with the fact that he then charged people for Oct knowing full well that he had no product and was closing up shop 2 days later, what kind of person does that? Also how is that last part not criminal behavior?

If he files for bankruptcy, what happens? Is it just wiped clean and he has to start fresh? Does he have to pay some money back?
    I am not an attorney, I just play one on internet forums.

If a person paid with PayPal, they can dispute a purchase up to 160 days. So if you haven't done so, do it.

If they paid with a credit card then the credit card terms apply.

To Vincent's credit, he does say to take a screenshot of his newsletter and talk to your bank if you've been denied a refund. I don't know if that will help, but it's worth a try.

Vincent is still liable regardless of your bank's policies. Despite what he says in the newsletter, he can certainly issue a refund if he has the money. He can write you a fucking check.

If he goes bankrupt, getting paid back will depend on the type of bankruptcy filed. It would also require you to inform the bankruptcy court of your interest as a creditor.

Knowingly selling a product that you have no intention of delivering is a crime.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Given the apparent Robbing-Peter-to-Pay-Paul nature of his business thus far, is it a stretch to think the two below quotes may be connected...? That may account for his account no longer having sufficient funds to provide refunds (as cit74 has mentioned above)...after all this, there're only so many suckers left to support that kind of "business plan."

------------------
    Last update for a while (IMPORTANT)

Ok. So I was able to get some money for stuff, and I am still working on litigation with that crappy company.

More importantly, is the money. I created a reserve for the card processor and the Paypal account so that I can close them out and won't be charged dispute fees as long as they come after the reserve is opened on Friday morning (midnight) for the CC and Saturday for Paypal.

ANYONE who has not gotten a refund can file for a dispute on Friday and Saturday and it will get approved. IF you file a dispute before that you may get your money back, but it may take like 20 days if it comes at all. before this, people have been getting NSF notices because I said in the last one, I don't have money yet.
    -------------------

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I just saw on the Goodreads feed that it has been discovered that some people were charged for October. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I am not an attorney, I just play one on internet forums.

If a person paid with PayPal, they can dispute a purchase up to 160 days. So if you haven't done so, do it.

If they paid with a credit card then the credit card terms apply.

To Vincent's credit, he does say to take a screenshot of his newsletter and talk to your bank if you've been denied a refund. I don't know if that will help, but it's worth a try.

Vincent is still liable regardless of your bank's policies. Despite what he says in the newsletter, he can certainly issue a refund if he has the money. He can write you a fucking check.

If he goes bankrupt, getting paid back will depend on the type of bankruptcy filed. It would also require you to inform the bankruptcy court of your interest as a creditor.

Knowingly selling a product that you have no intention of delivering is a crime.
    I filed disputes for July, Aug, and King box with my cc back at the end of Aug when it was clear nothing was ever coming. They went in my favor immediately for July and Aug and I was refunded for both of those. However for the King box, NRB has until Oct 23 to respond. If they don't hear from him then it will automatically go in my favor and I'll be refunded, but I have to wait until then. I also inquired if they go bankrupt in the meantime if I will see my money, and they said most likely yes. I'm thinking of calling later today and telling them about the latest newsletter and see if they can do anything more, but I have a feeling I'm still going to have to wait until next month. It's just frustrating knowing that they're not going to hear back, and that Vincent won't just approve the refund and basically is making me wait 2 months from when I initially disputed it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's probably for the best that this "company" is going to be closing up. This is the biggest three-ring circus of a business I've ever seen. And the sad part is that if he had handled things better, owned his mistakes/lies, apologized, not thrown others under the bus, etc., people would've most likely been a lot more forgiving and the company would've survived. Oh well. Live and learn.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Traveler anrfreelance will become famous soon enough

If it helps anyone, I did just speak to someone at Paypal personally, they have flagged his account and are 'closely monitoring' him for fraud because they're well aware tht he's been charging people for product he doesn't have, etc. They said as long as you paid after March, you can still file a claim on your King box for a full refund. So if you haven't already, DO IT! The representative told me they're refunding everyone who asks and to ignore his threats/newsletters/etc about 'insufficient money to give refunds' because Paypal are just making his account more and more negative (she told me it's already WELL there) and PP is covering the refunds for buyer protection. He's in a LOT of legal trouble with them by the way she was talking about this case.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah they were quick to refund me today...when can we finally put this thread to rest? its getting more action than Suntup lately - we need to change that
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apologies for making this thread pop up in everyone's unread posts. Because, at this point I'm sure we all are sick of it. But, I received my refund for the King box via PP this morn. They made me wait the full time for his response (despite my calling and escalating), but it went through. The man on the phone was very curious about how exactly it was I came to know Vincent's account had been flagged. I told him I was part of a forum with a large contingent of people pissed off about getting screwed by NRB, and we were sharing our experiences. Anyway, for those in a similar boat as myself, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two emails from PP today, both saying the same thing:
    Because we were unable to obtain additional information from The Nocturnal Reader's Box regarding your claim, this case has been resolved in your favor and you have received a refund of $43.00 USD. If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your credit card. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement. "

So I got back the money for July and August. DONE!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Two emails from PP today, both saying the same thing:
    Because we were unable to obtain additional information from The Nocturnal Reader's Box regarding your claim, this case has been resolved in your favor and you have received a refund of $43.00 USD. If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your credit card. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement. "

So I got back the money for July and August. DONE!
    Nice!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So author Nick Mamatas, who wrote I Am Providence, was asked if he signed the copies of his book that were included in a NRB box.

He said yes, he signed 200.

NRB bought 2000 copies however.

He is offering to confirm if the signature in a book is his if you send a copy of it to him.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read that... does that mean 1800 are fake???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

The copy I received was not signed.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post

Ah that's good to know. People online were sounding like the rest were signed.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post

Ah that's good to know. People online were sounding like the rest were signed.
    He would get some percentage of the books signed when he could. He'd do a contest for one/some and seed the rest into the boxes randomly. At least that's what he said was happening.

Country
    Country Flag

So it seems that JournalStone Publishing is still owed money.

https://www.facebook.com/13756420559...6644965070600/

Horror Bees is the same business owners as The Nocturnal Reader's Box. The Nocturnal Reader's Box has cheated JournalStone out of $31k - we are in the process of filing a judgement/lawsuit against the owners now. I can't recommend it and I would highly suggest you stay away from this group.
    They will in the end take your money and steal your intellectual property. Sorry for such a harsh post, but it is the truth.

In the next couple of weeks I can post our lawsuit, in the process of filing it now. But again, I would suggest staying away from both of these groups. Do not believe them when they say they are the parents of Vincent. While they might be his parents, he is using their names to run this business. I have written confirmation that he owns Horror Bees and it is indeed him running it - so I can only say purchase anything at your own risk.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Stinks they were brought into this frauds life.

Horror Bees is the same business owners as The Nocturnal Reader's Box. The Nocturnal Reader's Box has cheated JournalStone out of $31k - we are in the process of filing a judgement/lawsuit against the owners now. I can't recommend it and I would highly suggest you stay away from this group.
    They will in the end take your money and steal your intellectual property. Sorry for such a harsh post, but it is the truth.

In the next couple of weeks I can post our lawsuit, in the process of filing it now. But again, I would suggest staying away from both of these groups. Do not believe them when they say they are the parents of Vincent. While they might be his parents, he is using their names to run this business. I have written confirmation that he owns Horror Bees and it is indeed him running it - so I can only say purchase anything at your own risk.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Stinks they were brought into this frauds life.

They could have had a nice little business for years to come.

They also charged people for October NRB boxes. So if you haven't already, cancel your recurring charge with your bank or PayPal and request a refund.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone I follow on instagram posted that anyone that had a "sub"with NRB should go the police to complain about theft. I talked to her a bit, and she said that some people "that werent subscribed for a year and found a charge this morning for hundreds of dollars on their cards"

So maybe people should check their bank balance again, just to be sure
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Someone I follow on instagram posted that anyone that had a "sub"with NRB should go the police to complain about theft. I talked to her a bit, and she said that some people "that werent subscribed for a year and found a charge this morning for hundreds of dollars on their cards"

Someone in my King group said the same thing. Cancelled their subscription last year, and just got charged for the October box.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

I saw something very similar on Facebook yesterday. She said she canceled a year ago but got charged just the other day.

My Mood
    Chatty

Jimi, I think that’s what I saw. The fucking balls on this guy, huh?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At this rate, this is not a hole whatever this guy is digging. He's digging through the earth or what?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast