Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Traveler Chris_Morey is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I know this thread has been inactive since October of 2018 and is primarily about Nocturnal Readers Box, but because now when you search my name and Dark Regions Press in Google this thread pops up, I wanted to correct the record on the podcasts about Dark Regions Press.

The creator of the podcasts slandering Dark Regions Press and myself owed us a manuscript for almost 4 years. After two years of waiting I started to get a little antsy to read the new story, so would e-mail the author asking for updates. Each time I contacted him he would tell me something like "it's being edited" "it's with my test readers" then "it's with my editors" again or "first draft is complete, now it's being edited." These kind of replies persisted for almost another year until it got to the point where I felt as if I was being led on and not being told the truth after 2.5 years of waiting. Eventually we signed a new contract addendum with him to get the story from him by September 2016 in exchange for paying him the 2nd part of his advance early. Then another year came and went with no manuscript, and October 2017 is when we cancelled the deal and he paid us back in installments the advance that we paid him.

His final repayment to us was on January 10th 2018 in paying us back the advance that we paid him for this book that we signed under contract in February 2014. His first podcast episode bashing Dark Regions Press and myself came out on February 15th 2018, 36 days after he finished paying us back. Personally, I find it extremely unlikely that he would have created these podcasts if he was still under contract with Dark Regions Press, LLC and find the timing of these podcasts very suspect.

Unfortunately, this author also spread falsehoods about myself and Dark Regions Press, LLC. He publicly claimed that we never paid Tom Piccirilli's wife royalties since Tom passed away, but this is 100% false and we have the PayPal transaction records to prove it. He claimed there were multiple authors being treated "poorly" by us and created a "grievance inbox" so that all of these authors we were supposedly mistreating could send their complaints. Do you know how many e-mails they got in that inbox? TWO! One e-mail was from an author who was unhappy about contracts taking too long to be sent out for a new project, the other e-mail was regarding Tom Piccirilli. If we were really mistreating as many authors as this individual claimed, wouldn't they have gotten more e-mails in this inbox that they were soliciting publicly?

All of this bad press and negative information about myself and Dark Regions Press, LLC came out of one person's mouth, and that person paid us back money that we paid him 36 days before he started bashing us publicly. He is also known to be prone to conflict and controversy, with many of his podcasts and online posts attacking other people and publishers.

Dark Regions Press is not perfect. Sometimes we do take too long to pay our authors royalties, but it's never out of malice or ill intent. We make mistakes and have delays, but Dark Regions Press always pays our authors their due royalties and always strives to treat them with respect and kindness. Authors from Jeff Strand to Joe R. Lansdale to Ramsey Campbell who have been working with us for years will tell you the same.

I really hope that people who read my side of the story can see that this individual who started bashing myself and Dark Regions Press publicly 36 days after he paid us back clearly had ulterior motives and was doing so largely out of vengeance. He still has public tweets slandering me personally spreading false information, and two litigation attorneys have a plethora of screenshots and evidence that can be used in a slander case against all parties involved. It is absolutely wrong to slander people or businesses publicly using false information, and the notion that we mistreat our authors, that we never paid Tom Piccirilli's wife royalties since Tom passed, that you shouldn't contact me personally because I'm difficult to work with... all of it is false but all of it has hurt our public image.

Thanks for reading guys. Yes, I know this thread is older and it's primarily about Nocturnal Readers Box, but since there are two public podcasts bashing myself and Dark Regions Press, LLC and this thread now pops up in Google when you search my name, I thought it fair that we get a chance to respond in a public forum post. Happy to answer any questions you guys might have. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    No idea he just says it's a clusterfuck on the level of DRP
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Dark regions press gets called out? What happened?
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    That sounds like bitterness over something personal.
    I found a thread over on CD's forums from earlier this year that talks about DRP having issues paying authors.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting this on here, Chris, and balancing the record. As it happens, I have also heard much of what you've just said confirmed by another source ...

(oh, and IMHO Keene is a righteous hack...)

Thanks for reading. There's a contingent in this industry now who act in a hostile way toward me and Dark Regions Press, LLC... and every single one of them is associated with this single author who illegally slandered us out of vengeance for having to pay us back because he didn't deliver a book after nearly 4 years. It's shocking to me that anyone believes what that guy says... he spends so much of his time attacking people. We have ample evidence to move forward with a slander case. One of my former "colleagues" who is close with this author even gave him access to our private conversations and he literally copied and pasted those conversations in public social media posts (we have screenshots). Turns out that's illegal too. These people should be punished by the law, otherwise they will continue to slander people and businesses with false information.

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Thanks for posting this on here, Chris, and balancing the record. As it happens, I have also heard much of what you've just said confirmed by another source ...

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post
    Thanks for reading. There's a contingent in this industry now who act in a hostile way toward me and Dark Regions Press, LLC... and every single one of them is associated with this single author who illegally slandered us out of vengeance for having to pay us back because he didn't deliver a book after nearly 4 years. It's shocking to me that anyone believes what that guy says... he spends so much of his time attacking people. We have ample evidence to move forward with a slander case. One of my former "colleagues" who is close with this author even gave him access to our private conversations and he literally copied and pasted those conversations in public social media posts (we have screenshots). Turns out that's illegal too. These people should be punished by the law, otherwise they will continue to slander people and businesses with false information.

Interesting READ, but I was completely unaware of ALL of this. and I still order from you. Sometimes people need to inform, and sometimes we are just completely oblivious to all the behind scenes shenanigans.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is the author that is being mentionned Brian Keene?

As for Dark Region Press, here is something that was posted on Twitter : The Stand by Stephen King Limited Edition Hardcover Set ORDERING LIVE!
    > https://www.patreon.com/posts/stand-by-stephen-25054651

But maybe, one should open a thread specificially for Dark Region Press?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Is the author that is being mentioned Brian Keene?
    Yes
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Thanks for the comments. There were a lot of falsehoods and misinformation still floating around, including in this thread, so I thought it appropriate to clear the air. The notion that Dark Regions Press, LLC didn't pay Tom Piccirilli's wife royalties since he passed away is absolutely false and we can prove it via PayPal records, yet this individual spread this falsehood publicly and people believed him. That is the definition of illegal slander. He also claimed that we mistreat our authors, another falsehood that was not corroborated by any authors that we've worked with. It should be considered suspicious that the only person spreading this negative and false information about myself and Dark Regions Press was one individual, and that individual just got done paying us back 36 days earlier for a book he never delivered. It also happens to be an individual who has several podcast episodes attacking other people and publishers, and has spent a good deal of time focusing on conflicts and controversy.

Dark Regions Press, LLC will continue to pay its authors their due royalties and I'll continue to treat the authors well both professionally and personally. Jack Ketchum and I were professional friends before his untimely passing, but if you listened to this other individual you would think we treated Jack (Dallas) horribly. Yet another falsehood from a litany of false statements made by this person.

Thanks again for reading guys, that's all from me on this topic unless anyone has some questions. Hope all of you have a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post

Interesting READ, but I was completely unaware of ALL of this. and I still order from you. Sometimes people need to inform, and sometimes we are just completely oblivious to all the behind scenes shenanigans.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Still waiting for my Reader's Box.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Dont hold your breath.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yeah, I know......sigh.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No way. Really? That sucked man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I know......sigh.
    Contact your CC company and see if they can refund you.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

I paid with PayPal. I wonder if they would give me my money back.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I paid with PayPal. I wonder if they would give me my money back.
    You have six months from the date of payment to dispute a charge. It's likely too late now.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I sort of remember hearing somewhere that it would actually be a year or so.
    Given that Paypal now that this company has not delivered this, to hundreds or more people, maybe he can get the money.

I'd still try it
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Definitely contact PayPal and dispute the charges. Everyone that paid with PayPal was being refunded even if it was beyond the timeframe, I believe. Plus there's so many people that disputed with them, so it'll be know that NRB hasn't delivered product and hopefully you'll get your money back right away.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

I looked into it, but it's such a pain in the butt or else I'm too stupid to understand how to do it (the more likely scenario), that I just gave up.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I didn't pay through PayPal so I'm not sure how theirs works. But is there a contact number you can call and talk to someone? Just tell them you want to dispute a charge and they should tell you how to or direct you to the right person. I did mine though my credit card, and it was super easy. I didn't need to send documentation or anything. They basically tried to contact the seller and gave the seller a chance to dispute my claim (which they obviously didn't do) so I got my money back.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Spam y'all
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Spam y'all
    But it was some pretty incredible spam!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Spam y'all
    But it was some pretty incredible spam!
    It isn't bad if you fry it up.

I missed the spam, I was watching the Jeopardy tournament of champions (None of them could question the Debbie Harry FACE IT answer, ha!). I thought for a second I was going to get my money back, how disappointing!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not this thread again!!!! lol Anyone ever here the resolution of that guy?

Country
    Country Flag

He close NRB and tried to morph into his "parents" running Horror Bees. They didn't pull it off. There was too much blowback from NRB.

I watched an unboxing video of one of the Horror Bees boxes and can you believe that they included a pin in it that actually had nocturnal readers box written on the back

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast