Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: May Nocturnal Readers Box

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that this is the last needed proof, that something is not right with NRB
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Jimi, I think that’s what I saw. The fucking balls on this guy, huh?
    yeah was probably the same person.

He's a fucking piece of shit is what he is.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Jimi, I think that’s what I saw. The fucking balls on this guy, huh?
    yeah was probably the same person.

He's a fucking piece of shit is what he is.
    How hypocritical too. Blaming the failure of his company on a shipping service “robbing” him (which I don’t believe is what happened) while he turns around and literally robs his customers.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    At this rate, this is not a hole whatever this guy is digging. He's digging through the earth or what?
    Ha. He ditched the shovel for a bulldozer apparently.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The latest from Vincent...

Spoiler:
    KING REFUNDS

So, I mistakenly thought that everyone had the same leeway to make disputes that I am given at my bank, and a lot of people are past their ability to make disputes. So, because I am still working through refunding everyone; if you cannot dispute the King box, send an email with the subject of "PAST DUE:KING". I will issue the refunds this week and next. Its not a fast process so it will take a little while but I will get to all of the ones emailed. I urge you to do this sooner rather than later as we are in the process of deleting our Cratejoy site and moving to just the shop on Shopify and it will add an extra stage to the process.

Erroneous Charges

I have noticed in the last several hours that there have been a few charges from our company. We are contacting CJ and our card processor to see what is going on and how to proceed. I have no idea how this can even happen as the purchases need log in info, full card numbers, and security codes for that card. AND our store is in sold out mode. We do not have access to any of that information.

In the mean time, everyone affected will be refunded. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we are working diligently to have the issue resolved.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

All refunds received. 😃. I signed up for 2 books and quarterly boxes. Happy this is over for me.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    All refunds received. 😃. I signed up for 2 books and quarterly boxes. Happy this is over for me.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great. But why is the homepage still there? Maybe the Tennessee AG's office should be notified for a case of fraud...
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Traveler Captkirky will become famous soon enough Captkirky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The fact that the website is still up and running is absolutely ridiculous.

And the fact that they had an "oopsy daisy," and randomly just charged peoples cards, (as per the last newsletters stated,) is disgusting.
    <3 CaptKirky <3

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Great. But why is the homepage still there? Maybe the Tennessee AG's office should be notified for a case of fraud...

Quote Originally Posted by Captkirky View Post
    The fact that the website is still up and running is absolutely ridiculous.

And the fact that they had an "oopsy daisy," and randomly just charged peoples cards, (as per the last newsletters stated,) is disgusting.
    Soliciting money for a product you have no intention of providing is a crime.

Charging people's credit cards without authorization is a crime.

Country
    Country Flag

I think thats the outcome that Im looking/waiting for. Some criminal resolution.

When I first got into NRB, I fell in love and I actually ended up fb messaging Vincent (Im assuming Vincent,) for MONTHS. Totally had a great back and forth, considered him a good person. He got me to read NOS4A2 which I probably wouldnt have gotten into otherwise honestly. I left solely because they were sending too many damn books every month and my TBR pile got insane. Low and behold, 2 months later, all of this shit started going down (the delays, ptsd rants, etc.)

So this whole situation is really fucking sad to me and I had sympathy 100% but then I saw how he would respond to people who were just trying to have a simple discussion of where their stuff was and being non-confrontational about refunds. I. Could. Not. Believe. It. And then the whole money thing.

There has to be something else going on... I cant see how a rational person would do this. ALL of this.
    <3 CaptKirky <3

Country
    Country Flag

I think thats the outcome that Im looking/waiting for. Some criminal resolution.

When I first got into NRB, I fell in love and I actually ended up fb messaging Vincent (Im assuming Vincent,) for MONTHS. Totally had a great back and forth, considered him a good person. He got me to read NOS4A2 which I probably wouldnt have gotten into otherwise honestly. I left solely because they were sending too many damn books every month and my TBR pile got insane. Low and behold, 2 months later, all of this shit started going down (the delays, ptsd rants, etc.)

So this whole situation is really fucking sad to me and I had sympathy 100% but then I saw how he would respond to people who were just trying to have a simple discussion of where their stuff was and being non-confrontational about refunds. I. Could. Not. Believe. It. And then the whole money thing.

There has to be something else going on... I cant see how a rational person would do this. ALL of this.
    He's stated that he has mental health issues. It appears he's bipolar. There is apparently an anxiety disorder there too. I'm basing these opinions on his actions and statements.

It appears that running the business is all up to him and sometimes he can't handle it.

He has a hard time dealing with things, then things get behind, which is even more stressful, etc..

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

He's stated that he has mental health issues. It appears he's bipolar. There is apparently an anxiety disorder there too. I'm basing these opinions on his actions and statements.

It appears that running the business is all up to him and sometimes he can't handle it.

He has a hard time dealing with things, then things get behind, which is even more stressful, etc..
    He never made it seem like it was just himself running the business.Thats the thing that bothers me so much is why didnt his wife or anyone else associated with the business do anything. I like to think Im apathetic towards mental illness', suffering from depression myself at times, but Ive never jumped so far off the deep end. Even now, he has an opportunity to save face and he chooses not to, instead of sending this half ass BS newsletters where hes whining half the time. Its totally troubling.
    <3 CaptKirky <3

Country
    Country Flag

He never made it seem like it was just himself running the business.Thats the thing that bothers me so much is why didnt his wife or anyone else associated with the business do anything. I like to think Im apathetic towards mental illness', suffering from depression myself at times, but Ive never jumped so far off the deep end. Even now, he has an opportunity to save face and he chooses not to, instead of sending this half ass BS newsletters where hes whining half the time. Its totally troubling.
    He acted like it was his whole family packing boxes. He's full of shit. He'd hired a packing company.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

There is something I always wanted to ask Brian James Freeman about the box that Cemetery Dance participated with, when it was revealed that NRB had minted a coin for their Gwendy's Box, I seem to remember CD being quite surprised by that. I assumed that CD was never told that NRB was doing a coin (like how Lonely Roads is doing one for their limited Gwendy), is that true? Can anyone mint a coin or is their some sort of legal process to that?

Another question I have is, a lot of this stuff in the boxes I received seems to not be officially licensed materials, is it illegal for me to sell these items?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    There is something I always wanted to ask Brian James Freeman about the box that Cemetery Dance participated with, when it was revealed that NRB had minted a coin for their Gwendy's Box, I seem to remember CD being quite surprised by that. I assumed that CD was never told that NRB was doing a coin (like how Lonely Roads is doing one for their limited Gwendy), is that true?
    It was never mentioned to us. That doesn't mean he *couldn't* do a coin, of course, so long as he properly licensed any images he used.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    There is something I always wanted to ask Brian James Freeman about the box that Cemetery Dance participated with, when it was revealed that NRB had minted a coin for their Gwendy's Box, I seem to remember CD being quite surprised by that. I assumed that CD was never told that NRB was doing a coin (like how Lonely Roads is doing one for their limited Gwendy), is that true?
    It was never mentioned to us. That doesn't mean he *couldn't* do a coin, of course, so long as he properly licensed any images he used.

Brian
    Thanks Brian, hope I wasn't being too nosy.

Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone mint a coin or is their some sort of legal process to that?

Another question I have is, a lot of this stuff in the boxes I received seems to not be officially licensed materials, is it illegal for me to sell these items?
    Anyone can mint a coin. It simply won't be legal tender.

A lot of the items from the boxes were not officially licensed. They don't necessarily violate any copyrights although it's possible that some do.

You are fine reselling them.

Country
    Country Flag

I have that coin. What are you thinking of selling?
    <3 CaptKirky <3

Can anyone mint a coin or is their some sort of legal process to that?

Anyone can mint a coin. It simply won't be legal tender.

A lot of the items from the boxes were not officially licensed. They don't necessarily violate any copyrights although it's possible that some do.

You are fine reselling them.
    Thanks Br!an, did you ever consider practicing law?

I have that coin. What are you thinking of selling?
    Ha! Possibly everything but the coin and the Gwendy's with alternative DJ. I do like the gunslinger handkerchief thingy though. Everything else I might get rid of in a single bundle of some sort, not sure yet.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So with all this discussion on licensing IP, I wonder what in the GBB box would need some IP licensing, and wonder if he got the permissions or not.

Here is a list of the items in the box, as described by NRB. (not including the books).
    • A Custom -Dark Tower Inspired Bandana -- since it has the first line of the book on it, seems like it would need permissions
    • A Castle Rock/Gwendy's Button Box Limited Edition Coin -- seems like this would need permission
    • A Jordy Verrill Patch from Creepshow -- seems like it might need permission, but its debatable in my opinion
    • An exclusive Firestarter Tea from the Jasmine Pearl Tea co. -- seams no permission should be needed
    • Two Stickers, one of Carrie and a window decal of Pennywise -- seems like should require permission
    • A Derry Maine Magnet -- since Derry is fictional town create by SK - should require permission
    • An SK Bookmak or two by Jessica Featuring Molly aka "the Thing of Evil" -- don't know about this one, probablhy not?
    • A Long Walk art print by Dan Charnley -- seems its vague enough to get by
    • Constant Reader hard enamel pin -- don't know

I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV, but I gave my opionions above. Just wondering what others thoughts are.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

thats the first time i ever knew what was in that box! lolol
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    So with all this discussion on licensing IP, I wonder what in the GBB box would need some IP licensing, and wonder if he got the permissions or not.

Here is a list of the items in the box, as described by NRB. (not including the books).
    • A Custom -Dark Tower Inspired Bandana -- since it has the first line of the book on it, seems like it would need permissions
    • A Castle Rock/Gwendy's Button Box Limited Edition Coin -- seems like this would need permission
    • A Jordy Verrill Patch from Creepshow -- seems like it might need permission, but its debatable in my opinion
    • An exclusive Firestarter Tea from the Jasmine Pearl Tea co. -- seams no permission should be needed
    • Two Stickers, one of Carrie and a window decal of Pennywise -- seems like should require permission
    • A Derry Maine Magnet -- since Derry is fictional town create by SK - should require permission
    • An SK Bookmak or two by Jessica Featuring Molly aka "the Thing of Evil" -- don't know about this one, probablhy not?
    • A Long Walk art print by Dan Charnley -- seems its vague enough to get by
    • Constant Reader hard enamel pin -- don't know

I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV, but I gave my opionions above. Just wondering what others thoughts are.
    I cant tell ya to be honest but that Firestarter tea was crap.
    <3 CaptKirky <3

Country
    Country Flag

But in all seriousness, I cannot lie, their boxes were AWESOME. Coming from Lootcrate prior, the selection of items were very good. I still have all their art prints on my wall, (including the one that Brian Keene complained about.) I dont plan on selling anything. Definitely makes me sad though that things may have been produced illegally.
    <3 CaptKirky <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast