10 41.67%
  • Character Development: Graded "C"

2 8.33%
  • Never read

3 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Group 4: Insomnia (1994)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Group 4: Insomnia (1994)

Insomnia, 1994

Please grade Insomnia in the following three areas using the grades A, B, or C:
    • Quality of the Writing
    • Strength of Plot
    • Character Development

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to select only one grade in each grading area. For complete (though slightly outdated) instructions, see this post.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh my this is painful to see Insomnia is such a surreal delight, it's firmly in my Top 5 of King's of all time. (It was also probably the third book of his I had read: my first was Pet Sematary, and then I started with the then-new Rose Madder and went on to Insomnia - these three are such great books for me).

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I really can't give any of King's "Quality of Writing" less than A, but as far as plot goes, this was one of the slowest books for me. I know that some people absolutely love it, but it just seemed to go on forever, and not in a good way.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was struggling at first at what would constitute less then A in "quality of writing". I finally decided that bloat would be one of the criteria, and this one definetly had it for me, so had to knock it down to "B". This book could easily have been 100-300 pages shorter.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. This round Insomnia has earned an OAG (overall average grade) of 2.285714286 or 76.19% in addition to its FAS (final average score), making it 6.155279503 or 76.94%.

Grade breakdown:
    Quality of the Writing: A - 2.333333333 (77.78%)
    Strength of Plot: A - 2.190476190 (73.02%)
    Character Development: B - 2.333333333 (77.78%)

+ Reply to Thread