Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Father Cody

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, my brother!!!! Really cool stuff!!! If you didn't employ that goofy avatar which literally haunts me in my sleep, you would be my hero!!!!!

Seriously, wonderful collection!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Love the Grant collection!
    Thanks, Brice! Me too. The cover art on these are, I don't know, just fun to look at I guess. Something about them I just love.
    Yes, i used to have quite a few of those. Unfortunately my collection is a shadow of what it once was. I'm posting this just cause I thought you might appreciate seeing this. I'll delete the pics out of your thread after you've had a chance to see it. I'd have just referred you to my thread, but it seems all of the images are dead. It's the only one I've ever seen and I haven't seen it in any bibliographies of Grant's work. I do still have this; though it's in storage in another state...
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Yes, i used to have quite a few of those. Unfortunately my collection is a shadow of what it once was. I'm posting this just cause I thought you might appreciate seeing this. I'll delete the pics out of your thread after you've had a chance to see it. I'd have just referred you to my thread, but it seems all of the images are dead. It's the only one I've ever seen and I haven't seen it in any bibliographies of Grant's work. I do still have this; though it's in storage in another state...
    Whoa! Thanks for sharing that. I couldn’t find anything about it online except for its title listed among his works of short fiction. I assume he drew that banjo player? Looks like a remarque even. I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for an opportunity to add that to my collection!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Whoa! Thanks for sharing that. I couldn’t find anything about it online except for its title listed among his works of short fiction. I assume he drew that banjo player? Looks like a remarque even. I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for an opportunity to add that to my collection!
    I've seen a later story by him in The Little Magazine listed in one or two lists of his shorts online, but not this story. I haven't looked in awhile though so it could be now or I could have failed in my search. At one point I'd contacted Kathryn Ptacek about it after he'd passed, but she only knew of another story he'd done for this magazine. The Banjo player is not a remarque; it's just printed in it I believe.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

have just referred you to my thread, but it seems all of the images are dead. It's the only one I've ever seen and I haven't seen it in any bibliographies of Grant's work. I do still have this; though it's in storage in another state...
    Hi Brice, I have restored all your thread images using the photobucket '~original' hack. I cant guarantee how long this will work (but it has lasted a while so far). moving images to the site gallery is the best option long term.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got confused for a bit, I thought someone copied your Avatar.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Fastest ordination I've ever seen (and I've never seen one).
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Got confused for a bit, I thought someone copied your Avatar.
    Haha, sorry about that. Wanted a less boring username.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Fastest ordination I've ever seen (and I've never seen one).
    About as fast as this site got me up to speed with King collecting.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

have just referred you to my thread, but it seems all of the images are dead. It's the only one I've ever seen and I haven't seen it in any bibliographies of Grant's work. I do still have this; though it's in storage in another state...
    Hi Brice, I have restored all your thread images using the photobucket '~original' hack. I cant guarantee how long this will work (but it has lasted a while so far). moving images to the site gallery is the best option long term.
    Thank you! I may copy what's left, but the bulk of my collection is scattered. I have maybe a hundred items left in storage in NC. I may upload them. I doubt I'll bother with the stuff I no longer have.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Chatty

Thank you Chad for getting me into to the Dolso club! And a new collection goal: as many of these bad boys as I can afford.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very slick...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! Those Dolsos sure are gorgeous!

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Diggin’ the dolso as well
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I also like the bookends.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Adam!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congratulations on the Dolso, Adam!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great, duder

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Very slick...
    Literally and metaphorically. Thanks, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Congrats! Those Dolsos sure are gorgeous!
    They really are! Thanks Dez. They look so classy on display.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Diggin’ the dolso as well
    Thanks, Luke. Can't wait to get another one if there's ever an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice, Adam!
    Thanks, Brian! Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Congratulations on the Dolso, Adam!
    Thank you sir! I'll admit, it does feel pretty cool to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Looks great, duder
    Thanks again, Edgar Allen Bro.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Awesome, my brother!!!! Really cool stuff!!! If you didn't employ that goofy avatar which literally haunts me in my sleep, you would be my hero!!!!!

Seriously, wonderful collection!!!!
    Don't know how I missed this!! Thanks so much, Bill! See you in your sleep.

My Mood
    Chatty

My recently acquired Guy N. Smith collection. I wish I had enough room to face each one of these covers outward on the bookshelf.

Nice! Although, I've never heard of him!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is very cool. I remember his paperback from back in the day.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the Centipede Press The Slime Beast - I started collecting their Vintage Horrors series. I actually have an extra because I obtained a matching set.

http://www.centipedepress.com/horror/slimebeast.html
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nice! Although, I've never heard of him!
    I hadn’t either until my recent 80’s horror paperback obsession kicked in. I blame Paperbacks from Hell.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    This is very cool. I remember his paperback from back in the day.
    Thanks, Paul. I only just learned about him recently but I can see how some of these covers leave an impression. Something about Slime Beast is just fun to look at for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast