+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Father Cody

Demon of the Prim Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Hey it happened! About time, brohamma
    Thanks for the much needed swift kick in the ass duder! This forum is flat out amazing.

Demon of the Prim Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody is a glorious beacon of light Father Cody's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Father Cody

Well, after looking at more book collection threads, I realize mine is lacking (no, devoid of) explanations. Here goes Round 2!

The case on the left holds my non-King collectibles. You can see Iím also a huge Adam Nevill fan, and, although I havenít yet read too much Charles L. Grant, Iíve hit collecting his works pretty hard. Luckily, what I have read of his I loved, so I donít regret getting a jump start on his books (for which the cover art I think is exceptional). Scattered throughout the case are several S/Lís and a lot of inscriptions. I plan on posting pictures of the cooler items once Iíve shown off my King collection in its entirety. One last thing about my non-King sling, itís categorized in alphabetical order by first name. Itís a long, boring story that Iíll sneak into your memory banks at some other time in some other thread.

So, onto the good stuff. Bookcases a la King. My personal treasure trove of portable magic...

Every trade edition you see, apart from Carrie, Salemís Lot, Different Seasons, and Skeleton Crew (the latter two of which are currently inbound to my doorstep), is a first printing. Iím pretty sure nobody really gives a shit about later printings but I want to be totally honest about my collection, and those four mentioned are not first printings. Yet, they serve an important purpose which is to calm my OCD.

A few of these are slip or tray cased. A couple by The Collector and a few more by Jeff Whiley (who I recently learned works with Simon to get them looking as spectacular as they do). My plan is to put each book in a case when I consider myself ďdoneĒ with it. Right now, the criteria for ďdoneĒ is true first in NF/NF condition, but Iím fairly certain thatíll change to F/F sooner or later. Iím boring you at this pointó apologies!

The bottom right shelf has a couple Gift Editions, a few ARCís, and the beginnings of my UK editions collection.

On top of the cases are the items that are either too tall for a shelf or what I consider special (either now or at some point in the past). My DT collection isnít pictured as it gets a spot all to its own...Iíll post a picture of that another day.

The picture I posted (ďshelfieĒ I think itís called? Haha) has already changed and Iíve got a bunch of cool stuff on the way, so, Iíll post an update when everything is settled.

Thank you all so much for your interest! It makes this obsession a healthy one. And not to make this sound like a cheesy award acceptance speech, but I have to specifically thank HONKEYTONKSMASH, peripheral, and Webstar for being so darn helpful bringing me up to speed on practically everything I know about collecting King. Every one of my Pís & Jís came from those guys and Iíve yet to stump them on a King collecting-related question.

Maerlyn's Imp Cook is a splendid one to behold Cook is a splendid one to behold Cook is a splendid one to behold Cook is a splendid one to behold Cook is a splendid one to behold Cook is a splendid one to behold Cook is a splendid one to behold Cook is a splendid one to behold Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent collection. Thank you for sharing.
    Gotta love a new Collection thread !!

ďThe battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.Ē - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Excellent collection. Thank you for sharing.
    Gotta love a new Collection thread !!
    Thanks, Cook!! Iím having a blast going through all the others. Feels like being a kid in a candy store.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Country
    Country Flag

Big day for this collector. Thank you, Vigoran! The missing Long Walk to complete my Bachman paperback collection: check. First edition Night Shift in better condition than I couldíve ever hoped for: check!

Demon of the Prim MikeDuke has a spectacular aura about MikeDuke has a spectacular aura about MikeDuke has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Cheerful

Very nice stuff there. Bachman books and what looks to be a great copy of Nightshift. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Very nice stuff there. Bachman books and what looks to be a great copy of Nightshift. Nothing to be ashamed of there.
    Thanks, Mike. Iím ecstatic about them, especially Night Shift. I wouldnít have believed you if you told me six months ago that Iíd have a first edition NS.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

The Evil Empire!!!

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales

My collection thread:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

Rabid Billybumbler peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just saw you've started a collection thread here. Brilliant stuff, mate..! A lot of cornerstone King items here... And you know those bookshelves already need an expansion (at least there's room to go taller).

Very impressive.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Just saw you've started a collection thread here. Brilliant stuff, mate..! A lot of cornerstone King items here... And you know those bookshelves already need an expansion (at least there's room to go taller).

Very impressive.
    Thanks, brother! I wouldnít have known what those cornerstone items were without all the very much appreciated guidance by you and Chad. Itís a mystery to me that the two of you havenít blocked me yet on Facebook!

Ugh, yeah bookshelves... the Constant Struggle. I checked out IKEA like you said and think I found the perfect solution.

Demon of the Prim jcmanske has a spectacular aura about jcmanske has a spectacular aura about jcmanske has a spectacular aura about jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the new additions! I don't have either the Night Shift or the set of Bachman paperbacks. You are rocking it! Congratulations!

Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice new collection thread!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Father Cody

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Love the new additions! I don't have either the Night Shift or the set of Bachman paperbacks. You are rocking it! Congratulations!
    Let me get this straight... I have something you donít?! I wonít lie, that feels pretty cool. Thanks for your reply, man, it makes these adds all the more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice new collection thread!
    Thanks, Brian! Who needs Facebook when weíve got collection threads! I donít think Iíve even made a dent in viewing them all. :amazed:

Funk-y! becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those Bachman books are very nice. I don't have them either. I should have gotten a set many years ago but I was not a PB collector. I've since changed my mind and the prices have rocketed.
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Those Bachman books are very nice. I don't have them either. I should have gotten a set many years ago but I was not a PB collector. I've since changed my mind and the prices have rocketed.
    Thanks, Becca! They definitely took some saving up for me. After the 10th or so trip to local thrift shops it finally sunk in that Iíd have to bite the bullet and pay up, haha. Good luck with your hunt!

Citizen of Gilead Hunchback Jack is just really nice Hunchback Jack is just really nice Hunchback Jack is just really nice Hunchback Jack is just really nice Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Great to see a new collection thread, and a very impressive collection it is.

That Night Shift is gorgeous, too! Congrats!

HBJ

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Great to see a new collection thread, and a very impressive collection it is.

That Night Shift is gorgeous, too! Congrats!

HBJ
    Thank you, HBJ! Man, Iíll tell ya, I donít think itíll ever get old hearing someone say my collection is impressive. Thanks again!

Servant of Gan HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful new additions! That dang NS is almost blinding!

Oy's Bitch ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Great collection! I love that IT as well. Good to see another Texan in the house. I'm from Waco and you? Welcome!
    Thank you! Iím in Austin. Letís grab a taco if youíre ever down this way and have some time to kill! Thankfully, itís safe to leave the house again.

Dallas here! Who doesn't LOVE tacos!!!!!!!!

Oy's Bitch ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah......SWEET collection!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Beautiful new additions! That dang NS is almost blinding!
    Thanks duder! Iím thinking it might be my first P&J post.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Oh yeah......SWEET collection!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!! Youíre right, everyone loves tacos! Next time youíre down this way, tacos are on me.

Sent from phone

Country
    Country Flag

I wasnít going to post this but after looking through some of the other amazing collections that include magazines, ephemera, art, etc., I realized it may not be as irrelevant as I thought. If it is, please do tell me. The last thing I want to do is pollute the board with crap.

Theyíre replicas of the comic books seen in the Creepshow movies. The artist who made these had scanned the props used in the movies to create the prints for each of the combined 30+ full color pages. Theyíre not official, and theyíre technically not limited (theyíre made to order from an artist on Etsy), but Iíll be damned if theyíre not cool as hell.

I have them displayed next to the Creepshow 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray with insert:

Can Toi ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

All in color for a dime! They look great.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    All in color for a dime! They look great.
    Haha canít pass up on savings like that! Iím glad you like them. Obviously not official, and some would argue theyíre not collectible, but Iím happy with them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast