Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Father Cody

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Get a room, you two!!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Get a room, you two!!
    Haha as long as he brings that Night Shift!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

All ready have the SC. Now if you wanted to trade that S\L IT.... Naw, on second thought, I will be keeping the Night Shift. Sorry . These seem so hard to find. But you are well on your way so don't worry. PLUS if I am not mistaken you have a S\L Misery. So as I said before, you have two of the ones on my must have list.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

There was one on Betts not long ago but it just wasn’t in the cards for me then. Next time I’ll figure out a way, though.

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Book Collection: Father Cody

I keep lucking out with signatures. My guess is the staff at this bookstore either didn’t see the sig or they thought it was a facsimile. It’s definitely not a facsimile as you can see the marker bled through the copyright page.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice, one of my favorite all-time novels.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's pretty cool. That's the second one like that where you got a book that had a surprise sig right? A big congrats on that. I hope you have more luck in the future.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great find, Adam. I finished reading the trilogy in May. I really enjoyed them.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Wow that’s saying something! I’ve heard great things all around about it until a couple days ago when someone called it shit. He didn’t explain why when I asked though, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That's pretty cool. That's the second one like that where you got a book that had a surprise sig right? A big congrats on that. I hope you have more luck in the future.
    Thanks, bud. Yep, just a week or two ago I received a surprise Graham Masterton sig. My first of his, too! Trade both for your Night Shift?

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    What a great find, Adam. I finished reading the trilogy in May. I really enjoyed them.
    Thanks, Jon. I’m really looking forward to reading it. Unfortunately, it’s going to be a while before I get to it, although I’m thinking about bumping it up on the to-read list on account of praise it gets. I don’t even know what it’s about, haha.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Wow that’s saying something! I’ve heard great things all around about it until a couple days ago when someone called it shit. He didn’t explain why when I asked though, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Thanks, bud. Yep, just a week or two ago I received a surprise Graham Masterton sig. My first of his, too! Trade both for your Night Shift?

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Thanks, Jon. I’m really looking forward to reading it. Unfortunately, it’s going to be a while before I get to it, although I’m thinking about bumping it up on the to-read list on account of praise it gets. I don’t even know what it’s about, haha.
    Sorry Adam. It just looks too good on my shelf . But I like your tenacity.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congrats, Adam! That's a nice surprise.

I also like the series. Some really great ideas and characters, although it's a bit wordy. I have a signed copy of The Passage - but it cost me a lot more than eight bucks!

HBJ

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Congrats, Adam! That's a nice surprise.

I also like the series. Some really great ideas and characters, although it's a bit wordy. I have a signed copy of The Passage - but it cost me a lot more than eight bucks!

HBJ
    Thanks, my friend. I’m ok with wordy if the payoff is there, and it sounds like there is. And I love good character development (probably why King is my favorite!).

Do you know what it’s valued at?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Sorry, no idea. There are some inexpensive ones listed on ABE, but obviously condition is key.

You may have to hold off on buying that Ferrari though. Or trading it for a 1/1 Night Shift.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it the error or non-error printing? Errors start on page 268 and go thro 273 - bottom repeated on top of next page. Some people pay more the error one.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    You may have to hold off on buying that Ferrari though. Or trading it for a 1/1 Night Shift.
    Haha, bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Is it the error or non-error printing? Errors start on page 268 and go thro 273 - bottom repeated on top of next page. Some people pay more the error one.
    Had no idea about this. But, looks like mine doesn’t have that error. It’s kind of up in the air in terms of an error increasing value, right? I mean some errors increase value while some decrease value. Is that an accurate statement?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think in this case it's just because the "error" printing is considered the first. Apparently when they found it, most were pulped but some escaped into the wild. I guess it depends on how completist one is. I've been working on pricing excess stuff to get rid of and I would put a signed one at about 70 bucks.

My Mood
    Chatty

Oh I see. Thanks. So the one with the error is the “true first edition.” I’m not a completist (yet) so I think this’ll do, but do you mean the “error” printing is around 70 or the regular?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I was confused until I realized you guys were talking about THE PASSAGE error. I had forgotten all about that.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Adam for the nice signed Passage !!!

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Congrats Adam for the nice signed Passage !!!
    Thanks, Frank!! I think the best part of it is the fact that now I know there are possibly more hidden gems at this bookstore.

My Mood
    Chatty

“The Light is the Darkness” by Laird Barron. S/L from Infernal House. Thanks, peripheral!

My Mood
    Chatty

“Books of Blood” volumes 2-6. All first editions, all signed by Barker. Interesting how different his signature is in the last book.

My Mood
    Cool

All great stuff. The light in the darkness is a real cool looking book.

I really like the look of the Barron book.

And I can honestly say (no offense intended) that I have never read a story by Clive Barker that I didn't dislike.

My Mood
    Chatty

Thanks guys! You’re killing me, Steve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast